FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Ladies i'm so excited!! Midwife has just been and i have a head down baby on the right!! He is not engaged and she doesn't want me to get excited because the 'oblique' one is now fully on the left and now properly breech (which means his legs are out of the way now and no longer covering the exit and his head is in my ribs!) but his bum could still get in the way of the others head (which is right over my pelvis)! But YAY.... C-section MIGHT not be the only option now! She said the painful BH are the real deal and thats what has changed their positions, she said i've dropped and they are getting ready.... OMG i'm so happy xx i'm measuring 43 weeks, both heartbeats are fab, the movements are great ... perfection x

brilliant news hun hope they stay the way you want them to or even the other one turns and they will be both head down soon!

I'd never fault a woman for choosing a c-section over a vaginal birth, especially if she's well informed of her choices. It wouldn't be right to force a woman to birth vaginally if she wasn't comfortable doing so. I fault care providers who scare, manipulate, and lie to women about risks, and who don't stay up-to-date with evidenced based care and practice. As a doula, I've seen cases where a woman gets a c-section for "emergency reasons" and it's totally made out to be a life-or-death situation, but afterwards when the woman requested her OR records, she finds out that the situation was completely non-emergency and more for convenience. That isn't right... Once, a woman was told her baby was breech and she needed a c-section. They didn't scan her right before the surgery, and she only found out well afterwards (when she requested her records) that baby was actually cephalic. They didn't even tell her they made a mistake!

It's great that c-sections exist as an option in this day and age, but they also carry serious risks, as does any major abdominal surgery, so I don't think they should be done for the sake of convenience or for fear of being sued. At the end of the day, every woman has the right to make her own choices, and I'd never want to take that choice away from them. They just deserve to make those choices with full information and consent, and sadly that doesn't always happen.

thanks ladies re what I was told, although part of me hopes I go into labour myself and get a vbac, I really wont want 6 wks recovery with a 2 year old and stuck in the countryside by myself, my son was 9 lbs my consultant estimated at 19 weeks that hes gonna be bigger than ds maybe 10/11 lbs I dunno how she could tell that early on I haven't had a scan since although im in Tuesday week and gonna request a scan for then, just to see at 34 weeks +1 how big he will be, it feels like hes everywhere in my tummy ds was the same and I knew deep down he was gonna be big, ive a feeling this lil guys gonna be the same, apparently if you and or dh were big babies then odds are your kids will be too, we were both big I was 8lbs10oz and he was 8lbs something:haha: Christopher was 9lbs at birth and lost no birth weight at all my lil chunky monkey! :)

That's true bounceyboo for a lot of people I know, and in our family. dh and I plus our siblings were all 8.5-9lb, and ds was 10lb3 (nearly 10lb4), my dad and his siblings were all bigger than average but all on dh side bar 1 were average/small so not sure how he got so chunky.
I knew ds would be big but the growth scans were way off so I'm really not sure why I've even bothered to agree to the one on Wednesday, especially considering that I don't intend to "do" anything based on the results.
Xx

Minibump - i picked mine up today but haven't opened it yet was it the same one with the sensor mats?? will check it out tomorrow if the store actually had it cheaper :)

The one on the website is MBP25, the one in the store is MBP26 so I think the actual monitor is a newer model (it has a newer logo too). Only difference I've found is that the dearer one zooms in a little bit but only pans left/right or up/down within the original screen image whereas the cheaper one doesn't zoom but must be taking in a bigger original image (although you don't see it all on the screen) as it pans further so you actually see more of the room (if that makes sense).

The sensor mats are exactly the same!

As I say, this was in an Asda Living so I don't know whether they'll be in the normal stores x

Going back to my question about doing inversions: could inversions be done sitting upside down in a recliner? I really don't think that I'd be able to get up from the floor, as I needed help to get out of the tub tonight! Had chicken tikka masala (DH is so good at making it too!), so won't be trying it tonight due to heartburn, but might try it tomorrow. Thanks in advance! :)

I've heard of people doing the inversions by sitting basically wrong way on the couch so I don't see why you couldn't :) I personally am more afraid of my clumsy self falling off the furniture while trying to get up lol but I feel you on how tough it is to get off the floor :)

Going back to my question about doing inversions: could inversions be done sitting upside down in a recliner? I really don't think that I'd be able to get up from the floor, as I needed help to get out of the tub tonight! Had chicken tikka masala (DH is so good at making it too!), so won't be trying it tonight due to heartburn, but might try it tomorrow. Thanks in advance! :)

I'm sure they are fine to do any way you can manage it! I had to modify how I was doing them since my abdomen was doming out in a way that contributes to abdominal separation, so I ended up using the couch.

Well thankfully my appointment went well! They think that the contractions are more-or-less pretty normal for this stage of my pregnancy. But they also think I'm doing too much (nesting, ahem) on my feet. :rofl: The midwife said that she knows it's come hell or high water with stopping a pregnant woman's determination, so she pointedly looked at my husband and said it's his task to keep me in control. :haha: Right. xD But she has a point so I agreed I will try and take it more easy and allow people to help me with the things I've been doing fanatically, like laundry and the hard cleaning and such.

Feeling more relieved though. Thank goodness for some reassurance!

What does it feel like (if it can be felt/described) when baby engages..

I know my little Mr is head down but today its felt like my lady bits are bruised and walking is just painful..

Good news, swan!

Umm, the best way I can describe it is that it feels like there's a baby's head inside your vagina pretty low and you feel like you have to walk funny because of it. :haha:

Swan- it's good to hear some good news, glad your appointment went well. Just try to take it easy a bit.

Baby's head is really low and very uncomfortable at this point.

great news swan, rember to take things easy though!

anyone else feel like they have a crazy amount of pressure down low like your after being hit with something between your legs?!! its so painful and sore to walk especially if ive been sitting/playing on the floor with ds/getting up from a nap/getting up in the mornings!

Yep, we got a loooow baby head here too. I'm not walking funny yet but every time I stand up someone lands on my bladder.

Great news all is well swan! :thumbup:

mini we don't have an asda living store, i'll probably just keep the one i have as i have it now lol i don't have the energy to go shopping anymore!

I shall be spending the day 'pottering' around the house taking xmas stuff down and getting it put away for another year! Next time it comes out we will have 2 little boys trying to pull it down at every opportunity lol

Great news all is well swan! :thumbup:

mini we don't have an asda living store, i'll probably just keep the one i have as i have it now lol i don't have the energy to go shopping anymore!

I shall be spending the day 'pottering' around the house taking xmas stuff down and getting it put away for another year! Next time it comes out we will have 2 little boys trying to pull it down at every opportunity lol

It's exciting to think that next xmas our little ones will be nearly one!

Hey everyone... been reading and following you all, just staying quiet here :) I'm huge on the nesting urge too, most days. Yesterday we went into the city (NYC) and I had a really tough time walking through the streets/subways because I got BH contractions almost constantly. I had to stop every few minutes and try to let it pass, but the only thing that really made them stop was fully resting. Some of them were starting to hurt too, like sharp pains "down there" and now when I feel those I know I need to take it easy. It's really difficult to make myself rest right now, which is ironic because usually I take every chance I can get to relax.

We went to a 3d/4d ultrasound place and got another look at our little boy. DH did it as a surprise for me because I had been talking about wanting to see what he looks like now that he's developed a lot more. I'm so glad we did it! I hope you don't mind I've attached two of the photos. He looks just like his daddy. He is chubby and he's head down. It was nice to confirm his position. I am having a hard time believing I still have 7 weeks to go until I'm 40 weeks... I really feel like there's almost no way my body will last that long! But I guess most people say that, lol. I just have to keep these contractions under control... my doctor says to call if I have more than 4 in an hour- yeah right!! When I'm walking, I'll have them literally every 2-3 minutes but I can barely tell where they start and stop. And I know all I need to do is rest, so I feel no urgency to rush to a hospital if they go away with rest. If they ever don't stop with rest, I'll call the doc.

So excited that babies will be arriving within a few weeks now! I'm one of the last ones due, so I'll hopefully get to soak up all your baby photos and stories before I get too busy with my own :)

Attachments

• 3dbaby1.jpg
    3dbaby1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
  • color3dbaby2.jpg
    color3dbaby2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 6
anyone else feel like they have a crazy amount of pressure down low like your after being hit with something between your legs?!! its so painful and sore to walk especially if ive been sitting/playing on the floor with ds/getting up from a nap/getting up in the mornings!

Not so much pressure, but my spd makes me feel like I've been kicked by a horse down there. Yesterday it was really bad, felt like my pelvis was being pulled apart at the front and oh the pain! Was able to rest a decent amount last night, so it's better today, but it always hurts at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->