FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

dcm, with my first ds I had that feeling! But good news! It made pushing a breeze! 13 minutes and he was out!!!! I hope it's a good sign for you too!

As far as the nursery I'm done! But guess what? still not packed! 10 days to go! I also want to get all of our tax stuff ready to go because I do not want to deal with it after my little guy gets here! Also need to put the carseat in!
I hope that's a good sign for me as well. Was there anything you did to get and help ease the uncomfortableness or was it something you just had to deal with?

Aww do you have a nursery theme or keeping it simple? I've been prolonging on packing my bag as well, it's only packed halfway lol

I found that sitting on my birth ball helped a lot! I couldn't stand recliners or the sofa! I also put an ice pack on my tailbone. And I spent a lot of time standing and swaying lol :) I'm sure I looked crazy but it helped! The ice pack was the absolute biggest help though!

I am actually a huge cheater in the nursery department! My boys are going to share a room so I built on what I did last time for ds1. I painted a wall yellow and had all kinds of jungle animal pictures. DS1 has yellow and grey bedding. For this baby I asked my grandma to make his bedding grey and this blue green color. I put a few new things on the wall and called it good :).

What are you going to do?

DH and I did a big shop yesterday for baby things, but we don't have a nursery technically. Baby will sleep in a bassinet in our room and we have a changing pad to put on my dresser for now. We just bought a house and will be moving at the end of March, so we'll make the nursery in the new home :)
I have a feeling we just need more clothes...but I'm holding out in hopes we get lots at our baby shower....which won't be until after baby is born though..

I have just had a bit of a toy/baby clothes sort out! It's amazing how much cr*p you accumulate over time! I have sorted babies clothes for the hospital and a few of my hospital things and once they are washed and packed I will start washing all the clothes for when we get home!

^ its exciting when it gets to that part isn't it? :) everythings just waiting here until he comes although ive some major organising to do!

decided to try and potty train my little boy today...hes 2 since august ........gonna be a fun day!!

Oh good luck with the potty training! Are you using one of those 3 day methods or something? Let us know how it goes. :)
One of my goals was to have DD potty trained before another baby arrived and she ended up doing it basically herself at 16 months (so no diapers while at home) and was fully out of diapers, even while out and about, by 20 months. Having a small Ikea potty in our car helped! I soooooo hope we're as lucky with the second, because personality seems to be a huge contributing factor.

MIL is getting us a month of cloth diaper service when we have the new baby so I'm excited about not having to hand wash diapers in the beginning! I think I'm ready to go with everything else. Time is going by sooooo slowly to me right now!

Every day seems longer than the last, I agree Feronia!! I feel like I've been 32 weeks pregnant forever.

I think there must be a hump to get over at 32-34 weeks! That time just dragged for me too! Now today I've found myself freaking out. Ds is due to be out in 9 days. He hasn't turned (at least I'm 99% sure I still feel his hard head where it's been) and I'm NOT prepared for a section. I'm so nervous.

Couldn't agree more... I feel like the clocks are all running backwards ;) i am just do anxious for the next few weeks to go well, and to have her safely here. I still have a lot to organise, so hope that gets things ticking along.

I can imagine being nervous with the date looming, ttc! So exciting, though!!! Are there any projects you can work and focus on for the next week? I am sure you will be fine- and holding a baby in no time :)

I agree with the time going slow! We're finally going to court tomorrow, so this week has just dragged in anticipation for it. Hopefully it will speed back up again once it's out of the way!

ttc, have you been trying the inversions? Also, if you're nervous about a c-section, have you looked up "natural" c-sections? Learning about your c-section options might make you feel more in control. For instance, you can often request that the curtain is down so that you see your baby right away, immediate skin to skin, delayed cord clamping, and even delaying things like weighing and other newborn procedures while you hold baby and bond for a bit.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that time is going by sooooo slowly! Only about 2 weeks until I'm more or less comfortable having a home birth though. :)

Oh good luck with the potty training! Are you using one of those 3 day methods or something? Let us know how it goes. :)
One of my goals was to have DD potty trained before another baby arrived and she ended up doing it basically herself at 16 months (so no diapers while at home) and was fully out of diapers, even while out and about, by 20 months. Having a small Ikea potty in our car helped! I soooooo hope we're as lucky with the second, because personality seems to be a huge contributing factor.

MIL is getting us a month of cloth diaper service when we have the new baby so I'm excited about not having to hand wash diapers in the beginning! I think I'm ready to go with everything else. Time is going by sooooo slowly to me right now!

thanks ferona, I decided to leave it a few more weeks he hasn't a clue nor is in anyway interested in the potty he knows whats going on down there when hes going to the potty in his nappy but when the nappy is off its a different story ive tried him a few times since the summer since he knows what hes doing but he still hasn't gotten the hang of things, we ended up out the back for 3 hours while I cleaned the ard and scrubbed clean his out door toys and the shed, yeah I so over it it today but at least its done and his toys are in the shed ready to play with tomorrow nice and clean :)

re time going slowly I think its the opposite well for me it is, 6 weeks to my littlest man cant wait!

I think there must be a hump to get over at 32-34 weeks! That time just dragged for me too! Now today I've found myself freaking out. Ds is due to be out in 9 days. He hasn't turned (at least I'm 99% sure I still feel his hard head where it's been) and I'm NOT prepared for a section. I'm so nervous.

I was unable to do the inversions from spinning babies, but after mine being in such awkward positions for weeks I decided to use the bouncing ball more regularly, doing figure of 8's with my hips, rocking backwards and forward and a little bouncing, i also took warm baths every night and before i got out i actually lay as much as i could on my belly so the bump was in the water (felt soooo good lol) for about 5 or 6 minutes. I have no idea if any of this contributed to my babies turning into more favourable positions or not but it can't hurt to try :shrug: x

bounceyboo said:
thanks ferona, I decided to leave it a few more weeks he hasn't a clue nor is in anyway interested in the potty he knows whats going on down there when hes going to the potty in his nappy but when the nappy is off its a different story ive tried him a few times since the summer since he knows what hes doing but he still hasn't gotten the hang of things, we ended up out the back for 3 hours while I cleaned the ard and scrubbed clean his out door toys and the shed, yeah I so over it it today but at least its done and his toys are in the shed ready to play with tomorrow nice and clean :)

re time going slowly I think its the opposite well for me it is, 6 weeks to my littlest man cant wait!

I'm in a similar position with my 27 month old DD. I'm getting pressure from family to potty train but I don't see the point until she knows when she needs to go rather than just when she's been so I'm not going to force it, especially not with a new baby coming as I think that could set her back anyway. She's so intelligent, I feel sure when she's ready she'll just do it and there'll be no stress involved. That said, I do take her to the toilet every now and again just to see whether she's interested.

I think time's dragging now because we were all excitedly looking forward to Christmas and then making it to 2015 and now that's all passed, it's just waiting and panicking about how much we have to do!

Well im nervous tonight all being well I will be a 1st time home owner this time tomorrow im scared somthing will go wrong or baby will vome half way through

My OH painted little ones bedroom yesterday and we're getting our moses basket and stand tomorrow. Then it's just a case of putting all of her things into her wardrobe and chest of drawers and I want to get some wall stickers too.
I'm going to order my changing bag within the next couple of days too and then sort everything out for my hospital bag, a bag for OH and a bag for baby. Has anyone ever come across any good hospital bag check lists? I'm so worried I'm going to forget something, especially with my baby brain at the moment.
Lately when I've been walking about I've been getting shooting pains down there, does anyone know what causes it or is anyone else getting it? I'm so uncomfortable now I'm the same as you Megamegan, I don't know how it's possible to make it to 40 weeks! And your scan photos are amazing

xx

I was just looking up a good list myself! I thought this was a good starting off point:
https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2012/5/21/hospital-bag-what-to-pack.html

Are we meant to bring our breast pump in?

I want to have new socks and shower shoes for sure!

Sorry I've not be commenting much, I don't know what's up with me I kind of can't be bothered to do anything, I can't even settle to read a book I've been given, I must have read the first few pages 5 times and not getting any further.
I'm pretty fed up and uncomfortable but obviously want to get to full term.
I'm so easily irritated at the moment, I feel terrible but I can't wait for ds to be back in preschool on Tuesday.
Today was dh birthday, took ds ice skating - really fun, I just watched obviously. We went for a curry with some friends to a place we haven't been to before and thar was excellent.
I've not organised a single thing for the baby, I'm waiting to see what happens on Wednesday at my consultant appointment and again Friday at the midwife appointment before I prep any kind of birth box/emergency bag, I will order my pool then too.
You've all been so busy and chatty so there's too much to respond to and you're all making me feel like such a slacker in the preparation department :haha:
Xx

MiniBump, that makes sense why time is suddenly dragging. We all seemed to have so much going on in December and now it's a new year and nothing much else but waiting. :D

What kind of pool are you going to order, Raspberry?

I think I'm getting the birth pool in a box eco mini. I had the regular last time and it was lovely but almost don't need all that space unless dh decides he wants to come in too.
Xx

My OH painted little ones bedroom yesterday and we're getting our moses basket and stand tomorrow. Then it's just a case of putting all of her things into her wardrobe and chest of drawers and I want to get some wall stickers too.
I'm going to order my changing bag within the next couple of days too and then sort everything out for my hospital bag, a bag for OH and a bag for baby. Has anyone ever come across any good hospital bag check lists? I'm so worried I'm going to forget something, especially with my baby brain at the moment.
Lately when I've been walking about I've been getting shooting pains down there, does anyone know what causes it or is anyone else getting it? I'm so uncomfortable now I'm the same as you Megamegan, I don't know how it's possible to make it to 40 weeks! And your scan photos are amazing

xx

Thanks, I love my photos! I'm getting sharp pains too, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are a preview of contraction pains. But I can't tell because this is my first. My sister swears her contractions felt like shooting pains low down, and she didn't realize they were contractions. So it could be.

I wanted to share my hospital packing list. It's pretty thorough. I did lots of research and modified it to my personal preferences. Here ya go!

~For Baby: Baby’s first outfit (bring a couple sizes) and 1 receiving blanket, 1 regular soft blanket, hat, mittens. 1 swaddle cloth and swaddle me. Baby nail clippers. Newborn diapers and sensitive wipes (they’ll probably provide but just in case)
~Good camera and flip video cam to set up in the room (extra AA batteries)
~Have carseat installed and bundleme in there. (ask hospital- do they have to check the carseat?)
~Documents: Birth plan (10 copies), ID’s, hospital records
~Large empty envelope for any papers
~List of people David should contact when baby is born
~Nice scrapbook paper and ink pad for footprint
~Exercise ball
~Laptop with movies and music playlist (bring external DVD player and some Disney movies)
~Extra gym bag (or space in current bag) for things I receive at the hospital
~Cash and change (for things like the vending machines)
~Phones and chargers, LED fake candle, knitting (for after).
~Flip flops, slippers and heavy socks.
~Hair care: plenty of hair ties, clips, brush
~Essential oils & almond oil for labor.
~Heating pad
~Pillows for me and David (colored pillowcases to distinguish from hospital's)
~Robe, wrap-around nightgown so I don't have to wear hospital gown. Several pairs of undies (briefs, maternity, a few pairs of Depends). Sports bra for the water (for labor).
~Nursing: Breast pump tote (includes breast pads), lanolin cream, nursing bras, and nursing pillow (maybe? It’s kinda big)
~Toiletries: Deodorant, body wash, shampoo, face wash, chap stick, sanitary pads, witch hazel pads, Aveeno lotion and makeup bag. Toothbrush and toothpaste. Roll of TP, Prep H.
~Going-home outfit for me, clothes for David: 2 overnight and 2 days
~Drinks and snacks for me and David (fridge in room)- enough for late night snacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->