FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Wow Megamegan, that's an awful lot of stuff (maybe it's just little stuff that looks like a lot written down)! Won't your hospital provide stuff like exercise balls and toilet paper?! :wacko:

ttc, have you been trying the inversions? Also, if you're nervous about a c-section, have you looked up "natural" c-sections? Learning about your c-section options might make you feel more in control. For instance, you can often request that the curtain is down so that you see your baby right away, immediate skin to skin, delayed cord clamping, and even delaying things like weighing and other newborn procedures while you hold baby and bond for a bit.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that time is going by sooooo slowly! Only about 2 weeks until I'm more or less comfortable having a home birth though. :)

Thank you so much Feronia :) I have been doing the inversions every chance I get! I've also been walking a lot as I read that can encourage him to turn. I think he's wedged in there as his little.bum hasn't even shifted an inch lately. I wonder if he can tell I'm obsessing a little and maybe if I relaxed more....? Ah what can I do? I can't get in with a reputable chiropractor and my insurance won't cover accupuncture and the school nearby can't see me in time. It's ok with me if he is staying that way for a reason... I'm just getting nervous now and surgery scares me. It also makes me nervous that it will be a crazy transition for him from cozy with me to suddenly out!

The good thing is that I know several of the natural c section ideas will be fine with my dr! I know she's all for skin to skin right away if at all possible. The only thing that they won't do is delayed clamping..with the antibodies it's a no no I guess. But lowering the curtain and everything else should be doable! :)

By the way, 2 weeks till comfortable home birth is AWESOME :)

Shells, thank you for those ideas! I've been avoiding my birth ball because in my head I thought it could cause him to engage his bum??? I'm glad you used it with success and I will go ahead and try it! Also baths!!! :)
Are you feeling ok?

Bouncy and mini, I think you are wise to hold off on the training! It can always be done after.babies are here! And better to do it once than have them regress or get frustrated if they aren't ready yet.

Surprise, my hospital had pumps for moms to use while there and supplied the parts. I'm guessing you don't need to bring it, but maybe call the maternity floor and ask to double check.

Pens, sounds like you've been very productive!

2nd time, good luck tomorrow! Having a house is lots of fun!

Ras, I'm sorry you're feeling blah! I completely understand waiting for your appointments to do certain things though! Everything will come together just fine! By the way, I feel you on the short attention span thing! I can NOT focus on anything! I've been reading the same pages of my book lately too lol!

Wow Megamegan, that's an awful lot of stuff (maybe it's just little stuff that looks like a lot written down)! Won't your hospital provide stuff like exercise balls and toilet paper?! :wacko:

Bahahahaa.... yes of course they will have toilet paper, lol. I didn't really explain myself. I have a specific kind of TP I like, so I am bringing a roll just in case they have flimsy TP. Someone else recommended it online and I thought it was brilliant because they said you're so sensitive down there that you won't want scratchy TP.

Also, no, my hospital doesn't have an exercise ball. I have to bring my own. There are definitely a lot of tiny things just all written out- and I honestly probably won't need a lot of it- but I know myself, and when I'm uncomfortable or out of my own environment, it makes me really anxious. So having certain comforts is important to me.

Oh and personally I feel better about bringing my own pump, knowing exactly where it's been (aka super duper clean- I'm sure the hospital ones are very sanitary, but I figure there's more risk there than with my own) and also getting in the hang of using it since I'll be pumping a ton at work. I'm hoping I won't need it at all in the hospital, but it's another one of those things that I'll bring "just in case" like if he has an issue with latching or whatever.

I think I'm getting the birth pool in a box eco mini. I had the regular last time and it was lovely but almost don't need all that space unless dh decides he wants to come in too.
Xx

Looks like a nice option! The seat looks comfy. :)

Sorry you can't get in to see a chiro or acupuncturist, but that's great that your dr. is fine with some of the natural c-section options! I had no idea the antibody issue would affect cord clamping, interesting.

Yeah, I totally think it's wise to hold off on potty training until baby is ready, and it varies so much kid to kid. I think there are some things you can do to encourage it that aren't really training, like leaving a little potty out and doing diaper-free time occasionally, but ultimately every kid is ready at different times.

I ended up organizing all my cloth diapers and home birth supply closet today, it felt good to get things done and I ended up having a lot more than I thought I did!

I am sure my bag will be full too when it is all said and done, Megan! I am a "planner" and it makes me feel better about situations if I feel like I am prepared for whatever might happen :)

To that end, I think I will bring my pump just in case I want or need it. I second the idea of preferring my own to a hospital one :)

I am sure my bag will be full too when it is all said and done, Megan! I am a "planner" and it makes me feel better about situations if I feel like I am prepared for whatever might happen :)

To that end, I think I will bring my pump just in case I want or need it. I second the idea of preferring my own to a hospital one :)

I'm the same way... I hope I don't get any eye rolls when I walk in with a piece of carry-on luggage, a breast pump tote, and a backpack on hubby's back! lol. Well he'll probably be carrying it all but I guess we won't be the first ones to look like we're getting on an airplane.

So glad that I was the only one here with 2014 babies. Glad everyone here has made it into 2015 and hope everyone is feeling well. I am struggling to keep up on here but wanted to report in.

Both girls are still in the NICU and will be four weeks old tomorrow! Can't believe it! Unfortunately my poor Mackenzie has developed NEC, we luckily caught it pretty early and she seems to be recovering but it was a very scary couple of days just watching and waiting for more X-rays and blood tests.

Happy new year girls!

Hi savvy! So glad to hear an update- I hope that your little Mackenzie will be fighting fit again in no time :) I will be sending lots of get well vibes her way :)

Hi Savvy! Thanks for checking in, glad to hear the girls are doing okay and Mackenzie is recovering too :)

Question- is anyone else drinking red raspberry leaf tea? I know Feronia you mentioned taking it before and that it may have made your irritable uterus worse. I had one cup a few weeks ago and stopped because I thought it would be too early. Now tonight I'm about to try having a cup again, and I'll see how I hold up. I want the good effects from it, but I've been having SO many BH contractions and random pains and I don't want to make them worse. So I figure I'll start with one cup and see how it goes. Just curious if anyone else is doing it?

Oh and everyone cross your fingers- tonight DH told me out of the blue a boy name that he suddenly likes, which originally in the beginning was my #1 favorite boy name of all time!! I really want him to stick with it but he's fickle. So now I'm all excited but don't want to get my hopes up too high lol. Fingers, toes, and legs crossed! Hehe.

Thanks for updating, savvy! I hope your little girl recovers well. I can't believe they are already 4 weeks old!

Megamegan, I've still been taking RRLT and so far they haven't made my BH any worse. I wonder whether it was just a one off for me.

Savvy, good to hear from you! Sorry about Mackenzie's NEC. that's so incredibly scary! I'm glad you're hanging in there! please know your girls and family are in my prayers!

great to hear from you savvy hope your little girls gets well enough to come home soon :)
re potty training, yeah ill just try again when the weather gets warmer and his really ready hopefully, he so laid back I wonder if he ever will be :haha:

pretty sure I broke my big toe kicking a box of of my way tonight, there was nothing but xmas storage crap in the box and not heavy but when I walked away from the damn thing I heard a crunch and my toe is swollen and so painful, dh strapped it to the next one for me to help but its killing me, its not bruised and its the base of my big toe, im not sure if the doctor can even do anything for a big toe! I rang my maternity hospital to see if I can take panadol which I can, if it gets too much right now im just dealing with the pain as it is I hate taking anything when im pregnant, and she said just to rest it ice it and elevate it as much as I can gonna be hard when ive to walk ds to playschool tomorrow morning :/ and my heartburn stepped up another level to me waking up with little bits of vomit in my throat sorry I know its gross, took 2 rennies and its seemed to settle down a bit, cant believe I hurt my toe so badly :(

Oh my goodness, savvy, the NEC sounds very scary. I'm glad she's on the mend now. :hugs:

I walked into the cinema tonight and the theatre employee was like "Oh man, you are waaaay due!" and I had to sigh and say that I was still a month off yet. :lol:

Good to hear from you savvy, I hope your girlie is on the mend soon!

Good to hear from you savvy, hope Mackenzie makes a swift recovery and that the rest of you are well! :hugs:

Just re. breast pumps, the hospital ones will basically just be a motor and all the parts that touch you or the colostrum/milk will come brand new in a sealed packet so there should be no risk of infection! Totally understand you wanting to take your own but just thought I'd say in case anyone else is concerned about it! :thumbup:

I'm worried I'm starting to suffer with a bit of antenatal anxiety/depression but hoping it's just hormones and abject fear (my DD is extreeeemely hard work, doesn't sleep well and I struggle (also because of my own issues) to get out of the house with her - I'm worried about how I'll cope with two)! Does anyone have any experience with anxiety/depression and can tell me the signs I need to look out for to know if I cross the line?

Savvy- I am glad you all are on the whole doing well and hope that the nicu stay isn't too much longer.

Mini bump - probably worth talking to your midwife about.

Feronia- I absolutely loved my pool with ds labour, it was a fab height for me, I could sit on the side to get in and out, the bottom was padded and the seat was comfortable for both sitting and kneeling on.
I forgot about which pool you got but do I remember you already have it and it was a super good bargain?

Xx

Ttc-I'll try the ice pack technique. I love the idea of the shared room. Im actually not doing a nursery because we're moving soon so I'll just have to wait. & I'm hoping your baby turns soon, I've been watching YouTube videos on c-sections to try and take away my nervousness. I'm sure everything will be fine :)

Savvy -glad to hear an update from you. Hoping all is well, will definitely keep you and babies in my prayers.

good to hear from you savvy, sorry your little one had a scare but glad she is on the mend now! Hopefully you can all get home soon!!

MiniBump, I would also talk to your midwife about your depression/ anxiety. Don't be ashamed to do so, it's really common. Is there some sort of prenatal/postnatal support group over there? Your midwives most likely have some helpful resources.

Raspberry, I have the Aquaborn. No seat, but it has handles (not sure how useful those will be) and a lid -- and it's huge! Maybe DH will get in this time, I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->