FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Savvy so glad to hear from you! Keeping you and your littles in my thoughts and prayers still! :hugs:

I haven't taken any RRLT; I only used it a couple days with DD and then she came, so I drank a ton of it after I had her just to use all I had. LOL. This time though, the midwife prefers I avoid it for now until I hit 36 weeks. Due to my increase of BH (had them every 4 minutes while grocery shopping last night, was so peeved lol) and history of premature labor, she thinks it's not worth the risk... just like the sex thing. So, in a week and a half I can have my tea and my sex and be a happy girl! :rofl:

My packing list is pretty light, but we only stay for 12 hours or less so I don't need "much" and if I end up transferred to a hospital, I'll just have my husband bring me more outfits. I half-assed my bag the other day when I was heading to midwife just in case, so now I need to bring it back inside and ensure I have all I need. :haha:

Thanks girls for all the thoughts and prayers! Wednesday she can start eating again so I hope it goes smoothly. I never imagined that I would have preemies.

The hospital breast pump is completely sanitary. The hoses do not come in contact with the milk. They also gave me a few extra packs of pump parts and they work on my personal pump too. Never hurts to ask for an extra set if you have a nice nurse or lactation consultant. Also my insurance covered the personal pump!

Thanks for the reassurance about hospital pumps, ladies :) Wish my insurance covered mine, but it didn't. Military insurance is great for tons of stuff but they haven't jumped on the breast pump wagon yet.

MiniBump, I would also talk to your midwife about your depression/ anxiety. Don't be ashamed to do so, it's really common. Is there some sort of prenatal/postnatal support group over there? Your midwives most likely have some helpful resources.

Raspberry, I have the Aquaborn. No seat, but it has handles (not sure how useful those will be) and a lid -- and it's huge! Maybe DH will get in this time, I'm not sure.

Handles are a huge bonus imo. We gave ours a trial run a few days before -we both got in, watched a David Attenborough documentary and had a bottle of beer ... so as not to waste the water of course!
I expect ds will want to come in at some point if he's awake.
The water stayed warm for hours so if we got the big one we might part fill it and top with hot water once I want to get in, I don't remember but I think we did this before.
Xx

MiniBump, I would also talk to your midwife about your depression/ anxiety. Don't be ashamed to do so, it's really common. Is there some sort of prenatal/postnatal support group over there? Your midwives most likely have some helpful resources.

Raspberry, I have the Aquaborn. No seat, but it has handles (not sure how useful those will be) and a lid -- and it's huge! Maybe DH will get in this time, I'm not sure.

Handles are a huge bonus imo. We gave ours a trial run a few days before -we both got in, watched a David Attenborough documentary and had a bottle of beer ... so as not to waste the water of course!
I expect ds will want to come in at some point if he's awake.
The water stayed warm for hours so if we got the big one we might part fill it and top with hot water once I want to get in, I don't remember but I think we did this before.
Xx

lol fun times! For our anniversary last year (the day before finding out I was pregnant), DH and I put my old birth tub on the balcony, filled it up with hot water, threw a bath bomb in it and drank a peach martini. :haha: I wasn't too happy about finding out I was pregnant after a hot tub and alcohol, but it was a lot of fun!

Last time, we had no problem keeping the birth tub warm. We just put a shower curtain over it and DH used a bucket to take some out and put more hot water in with the hose. I think we only had to do it once though, and it was up all day.

Sounds fun! Never mind I was drunk as a skunk the whole of Christmas before finding out I was pregnant with ds.
I'll even admit to the odd drink over the festive period this year :-D

Xx

It's good to hear from you savvy and I hope that your little girl has a speedy recovery.

Since OH has been home he's been kicking me up the bum to get stuff done (I'd quite happily sit down and do nothing all day) so all of the baby clothes have been put into her wardrobe and drawers. Call me paranoid but I won't take any tags off/throw any of the packets that her clothes came in just in case she turns into a he. I'm scared I'm going to jinx it or something :blush:

Since I've been sorting everything out, for those of you going to the hospital, how many pieces of clothing are you taking for baby? I will probably just bring her home in a vest, sleepsuit, cardigan and hat with a blanket, but not sure whether to just pack that or to bring a few spares.

xx

Pens, I think I'm expecting to be in hospital for two days with a vaginal birth or three days for a c-section, so I guess I will pack that many outfits plus a couple of spares? In a couple of different sizes? I only have a couple of preemie outfits so if they do come out quite small, I think I'll be sending my husband off to the store to buy more! :lol:

It's good to hear from you savvy and I hope that your little girl has a speedy recovery.

Since OH has been home he's been kicking me up the bum to get stuff done (I'd quite happily sit down and do nothing all day) so all of the baby clothes have been put into her wardrobe and drawers. Call me paranoid but I won't take any tags off/throw any of the packets that her clothes came in just in case she turns into a he. I'm scared I'm going to jinx it or something :blush:

Since I've been sorting everything out, for those of you going to the hospital, how many pieces of clothing are you taking for baby? I will probably just bring her home in a vest, sleepsuit, cardigan and hat with a blanket, but not sure whether to just pack that or to bring a few spares.

xx

I'm the same with tags. Definitely not taking them off until I use them!

Pens, I think I'm expecting to be in hospital for two days with a vaginal birth or three days for a c-section, so I guess I will pack that many outfits plus a couple of spares? In a couple of different sizes? I only have a couple of preemie outfits so if they do come out quite small, I think I'll be sending my husband off to the store to buy more! :lol:

I have packed 7 for each baby lol I also only have a couple of preemies - but hopefully i won't need those now! If i don't i will give them into the NICU/SCBU for them to use along with the preemie nappies i bought too x

I'm not taking tags off new stuff because I'm not sure when she will be born and what size she might be.
I only packed one set of clothes for ds last time as you don't tend to stay long plus it would have been easy for dh or mil to fetch more if required.
Xx

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't taken tags off, my OH was making me feel like I'm a nut case. I haven't bought any tiny baby clothes so I hope she isn't small and so far I've only bought about 8 sleep suits and 8 vests in newborn, I really have no idea how many to buy because I don't know how long she'll be in them for xx

I gave all my nb stuff away to my friend with a normal size baby as ds went straight into 0-3 in most things.
I found first size/up to one month a really useful size, it is becoming more popular now but I'm pretty sure I only found it in a couple of stores with ds.
This time I've been given some clothes and there's tiny baby and nb in there, anything I've purchased has been up to 1 month, 0-3 and 3-6. Still didn't want to take the tags off just in case.
Xx

I took all the tags off the new stuff I was given because I wanted to have them washed and put away and ready, and I don't think I got given gift receipts for anything! I've only bought a couple of things new myself.

I'm part of the don't take tags off until baby is born club, too! My mom got us a huge pile of gently used newborn and 0-3 stuff she found at a garage sale, so I've washed and folded those so I'll have a things for little miss to wear until I can get the others washed.

I have a growth scan tomorrow! I wasn't expecting one, as I heard that 2 scans are normal here in the states. Apparently, my office likes to do one around 36 weeks to check the baby's weight and position. I'm excited to see her again!!

My ribs are so freaking sore. Anyone else have a short torso that is dealing with this? My baby uses my ribs as her foot rest. I'm constantly pushing her out of there.

Also, I used to be one of those habitually cold people who always had a sweater around--even in the summer--just in case the AC was too cold. Now I've turned into this overheated beast. I'm just always so hot. I'm hoping it's just the extra blood circulating and the little heater inside of me and that I'll go back to normal after she's here. Anyone have personal experience with this?

MissEyre, I'm usually cold and I've been definitely having hot flushes! I have no idea if it goes back to normal afterwards. Also, don't be surprised if you can't see much feature-wise at the 36 week scan, they are so big at this point relative to the size of the scan beam that you only get bits of them!

32/33 week scan was this morning (only had 3 hours sleep last night, and after getting used to sleeping until I wake, that's rough!). Everything is looking perfect! Perfect amount of fluid, baby is head down, facing the proper way, tummy is a bit large, but that's normal in my family, and baby is estimated to weigh 4 pounds 2.4 oz at the moment! Also, I can finally be updated to TEAM BLUE!!!!

Yay team blue!!! Congratulations MrsTM1. Hope you sleep better tonight :D

Congrats MrsTMI!

Melly-yeah, I figured the ultrasound won't be too exciting. I'm mostly hoping for a 3D shot of her face and confirmation that she is indeed a girl!

Congratulations MrsTM1 - you have been updated.

MissEyre - I wouldn't say I have a short torso but certainly not a lot of gap between bottom rib and hip bone so I have been feeling rather full of baby and uncomfortable/in pain with kicks and the position of baby and aching from them having to expand to make room.
Growth and presentation scan for me on Wednesday, not standard here but baby has not been head down at any point and DS was LGA baby so they want to take a peek.
I am hoping for a miracle head down baby by Wednesday!

Also I am running hot most of the time and overheating easily, I am so hot in bed at night after about 4am I wake sweating. I had that whilst breastfeeding too but it does go - it's all hormones.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->