FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

What a day stress was up at 3am with this stupid cough then waited round for phone cwll from dolicitors but I now own my 1st ever house I took 8 friends from church to clean it but now my left leg is so swollen instead of moging boxes tomorrow I need to see midwife

Congrats on the house, 2nd time! And try to take it easy!!

Congrats mrstm1. Ahhhh, a lovely little boy!!! :)

I am also a member of the hot flashes club, and i always ran cold pre-pregnancy. I was nervous before my last ob appt and really overheating then. I thought I was going to pass out, meanwhile oh was there in a wool sweater ;)

Good point re: later scans, melly! I had a growth scan last week at 33 weeks and could more or less only see vague face bits and her fingers and toes :) the tech was able to comment on some of her features, though. I hope you enjoy the scan, miss eyre and that your little one is looking great and settled into a good position.

Congratulations MrsTM1 and 2ndtime!!

Court got adjourned today so we now have to wait until Friday! Ughhh, this week's going to drag!

Mrstm1!!!!!! Congrats on team blue :)

2nd time, congrats on the house! I'm sorry you overdid it and hurt yourself. Try to rest and take it slow!

MsEyre, good luck on your scan!

Captain, sorry about court :( I'm sure it's a hassle dragging on and on like that :(

As far as being hot!!!! I can't stand heat right now! I go around in t shirts and I'm still sweating. I keep my house below 60 degrees and my dh and ds have to double layer pajamas for bed! It does change though! Last time I was FREEZING after ds came out. I couldn't get warm. It was warm warm weather and I was wearing my warmest pajamas. I'm already getting sad that my little snuggle bug heater will be gone :(

I have a scan for his brain tomorrow. I am sure he's still breech although he really seemed to make a big effort last night. My ob today said she thinks he is out of room. I.am still hopeful.

Yikes about a week to go!!!!!!! I'm not ready for it to be over. I've loved having this little boy inside.

I know you said you had diastasis recti with your daughter, feronia. I'm curious- could you tell and/or see it before giving birth?

My belly feels pretty firm all over... but it is also feeling pretty strained at this point! I could only find post partum pictures, where you could clearly spot it. Or does it happen a lot during pregnancy, but only becomes an issue if they don't go back after giving birth?

I have a scan for his brain tomorrow. I am sure he's still breech although he really seemed to make a big effort last night. My ob today said she thinks he is out of room. I.am still hopeful.

No matter what anyone says, babies do not run out of room while they are inside us! I mean, have you seen ladies carrying triplets or quads?! The running out of room bit is a very very outdated bit of info that needs to be retired to the dark ages! Lots of people use it as an excuse for reduced movement in the last few weeks as well, but it just flat out isn't true. Baby should be moving just as much as it has been. Granted, the movements may be different, stretches and softer movements instead of huge kicks, because baby is usually folded up, but they should still move the same amount.

Too many updates to comment on but hope everyone is well!

Has anyone else had a pet become annoyingly attached to them during pregnancy? One of my cats just will not leave me alone and she's driving me potty! :dohh:

Same here for being too hot! I'd hate to be pregnant in the summer....it was just -33C here and we are under extreme cold warnings haha. I don't like the house being more than 65F but my husband and SIL complain its too cold in the house.

Thanks Mrstm1! I totally agree with you! I think my ob just meant he's out of room to completely somersault around. She thinks his bum is wedged in and he doesn't have the room to unwedge lol :) But no no no he's definitely moving a ton still! :) If she said that to me about anything other than him flipping I'd be thinking what a quack! ;)

I know you said you had diastasis recti with your daughter, feronia. I'm curious- could you tell and/or see it before giving birth?

My belly feels pretty firm all over... but it is also feeling pretty strained at this point! I could only find post partum pictures, where you could clearly spot it. Or does it happen a lot during pregnancy, but only becomes an issue if they don't go back after giving birth?

Yeah, I was told about it during pregnancy with my daughter, but only after it was too late. I wasn't educated about it so I was doing things to make it worse (like getting straight up and not rolling over first to get up -- so my stomach was doming out, and that means you're making it worse. I was also doing sit ups in the first trimester/early second trimester, which people say is okay, but can really make it worse. :dohh: My midwives could tell I still had it this time around and I went to a physio early on for some tips on managing it, so hopefully it doesn't get worse! I don't think I can tell this far along though because my belly is really big.

Definitely check for it after giving birth (there are youtube videos that show you how if your care provider doesn't check) and there are exercises you can do to correct it. My abs were separated 4 finger widths apart after DD was born but I got it down to a 1-2.

Is anyone else still breastfeeding? The aversion I'm experiencing is sooo intense, I just hope it goes away after this baby is born because I want DD to wean whenever she wants...

I'm still BFing Feronia but I haven't experienced any aversion yet, if anything I'm getting the oxytocin high again during feeds which I haven't had for a long time! A friend of mine did go through an aversion (towards the end of pregnancy I think) but she's happily tandem feeding and her little one is 7 months old now so, hopefully, it will pass for you soon! x

Thanks, feronia! My belly just feels so tight and strained, so I wonder if they will start to split. I will definitely look at it post birth! I hope the things you did this time around will prove helpful :thumbup:

Well good news from this momma! My DS has finally flipped!!! I attribute it to me using my birthing ball yesterday for the first time, bouncing and rocking. Whatever did it, DS is now hanging out in the front, quite uncomfortably. Dr did a cervical check, cause why the hey not, but she said my cervix is still long, firm and closed. Bummer. I know it can change in an instant though, so now instead of the planned c-section I was kind of hoping for, we are on baby-watch!!!!!!!!!!! Bit anxious (more than a bit if I am honest) and excited. Hopefully DS will choose to make an appearance sooner than later.

Congrats on the flip, mommy2missr!

I am kind of expecting a c section knowing my baby is breech... so can imagine the shock of suddenly being on baby watch!

Congrats Mommy2missR! I'm glad baby flipped!

I asked a day or so ago about this and no one responded. My babe is head down facing left. And apparently this is not ideal. It's more likely he will flip sunny side up from this position. I'd love to know some exercises to encourage him to face backward or to the right. He has been in this position for weeks and seems very comfy. Any ideas? Should I get a bouncing ball?

Hey everyone. Haven't messaged on here in ages. Hope all is well. Good to hear from you Savvy. Glad some babies that were breech have now flipped to head down. I have read as much as I can, but there's been an awful lot going on on here!

I am starting to freak out a bit about how lttle time there is left. I have got nursery ready, all baby clothes done and bags pretty much packed but it all seems so surreal. Struggling with sleep due to leg cramps and groin pain and am also incredibly hot. Not ready either for this pregnancy to end. Have really enjoyed feeling the kicks and movements. Esp with this being my last pregnancy. Saw the midwife today and my boy is head down, I am spot on measurement wise, BP stable.

Not long at all now until lots of adorable baby pics start to posted on this groups page!

Has anyone else had a pet become annoyingly attached to them during pregnancy? One of my cats just will not leave me alone and she's driving me potty! :dohh:

We have two girl bunnies (Netherland Dwarfs) and one keeps humping the other, we think due to all of the hormones floating around. Does that count? :haha:

I asked a day or so ago about this and no one responded. My babe is head down facing left. And apparently this is not ideal. It's more likely he will flip sunny side up from this position. I'd love to know some exercises to encourage him to face backward or to the right. He has been in this position for weeks and seems very comfy. Any ideas? Should I get a bouncing ball?

Sorry that we missed this! Spinningbabies.com is awesome, and they have positions and exercises to get baby in correct position, no matter how it starts out. :thumbup:

Imphope - exactly what MrsTM1 says, spinning babies!

Mommy2missR - although it's frustrating with the waiting for arrival, I'm glad baby had turned for you.

Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow that baby is head down - not that I think she's in any way a stable position but I'd rather not have the "we won't let you go til you book either an ecv or c section" talk.
Xx

So I've read a bit here and there on spinning babies. But I just spent a little while reading in depth. I have clearly got a RoA baby. It's exactly as they describe. I'm a bit discouraged that it is listed as 'not an ideal position' and mostly the exercises are too little too late at this point. I will try them anyway I guess. I do have a few bad habits( like relaxing on the sofa with my hips tilted under me/slouched). I just hope I can persuade little man to switch to a better position. It sounds like ROA babies can cause quite along and especially uncomfortable labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->