FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Appointment and ultrasound went well today. She checked my cervix (ouch!) and said that it is starting to soften. Ultrasounds was good. Baby is head down and weighing in a 6 lbs. 1 oz. Not that the weight measurements are all that accurate. Her head was turned toward my spine and she was covering what little of her face that we could see with her hand, so no great face shots for me :(

Ultrasound tech did confirm that her limbs were all up in my ribs, lol. They are so sore. It's all starting to get more real!!

RaspberryK I'll keep my fingers crossed for you if you do for me lol we both need head down babies tomorrow! Scan ob and pre op all tomorrow! I want to be able to have the talk about induction and not just section at my OB and pre op tomorrow. X

Fingers doubley crossed for you shells!

Imp- it isn't too late imo to start now and not everyone has difficulties with baby in that position.

Xx

Try not to be discouraged imp, you can still start trying things - they can't hurt!

Good luck tomorrow shells. I hope I am still baking these twins at 36 weeks pregnant like you!!

Glad to hear that babies are flipping! :D

imphope, like others have said, spinningbabies but try not to be discouraged! I saw my midwife today who said baby is ROA, but I know baby was ROA just yesterday (and OP all the time). She said they flip around all the time. There's still plenty of time for baby to move around, and like Raspberry said, not all labours that start like that are long and difficult.

Minibump, so glad you're not experiencing the aversion! It's so hard to describe... like I just can't take the physical sensation of it, and it's worse at night so I've tried to stop night feeding her and just cuddle instead. Glad it passed for your friend! Everyone has been telling me that it hasn't gone away for them after birth... :/

My midwife appointment went well though! I received my home birth kit and they're scheduling a home birth visit next week -- ahh I can't believe this is going down so soon! I got a supply list and still need to get a few things ready from their list (like a cookie sheet, haha, which we don't have)! Nice excuse to bake cookies though. :haha:

What is the cookie sheet for?! ;)

Making cookies, duh! ;)

Apparently it's for newborn resuscitation or for examining the placenta. They like to have a hard, flat area that can be moved around easily if need be. Under that it lists having a large mixing bowl on hand. That's to squat over to deliver the placenta! It sounds like if you have a fully stocked kitchen then you're ready for a home birth! :haha:

Ouch! I think my babes is dropping! It feels like a sharp awkward pain down there whenever I get up from sitting.

Interesting... Makes sense! It would have been awesome if the answer was that freshly baked cookies make for a smooth delivery ;)

Hahaha! Who would've thought you needed kitchen supplies for birth! Feronia, I agree with Surprise! I really wish the sheet was for cookies :) Maybe magical labor cookies!

My perinatalogist appointment today wasn't the best. His brain scan wasn't very good. The measurement needed to be around 50, but his blood flow was 90+! So definitely too high. They think it was because he was doing lots of practice breathing, but they are having me back Friday and are definitely glad we are all set for next Tuesday. Hopefully everything looks ok Friday...if not we won't even make it to Tuesday.

He is still breech and I found out some info today that has put me more at peace with a section. Even if he wasn't breech, they would still only give me a trial of labor. The.midwife at the office said it was likely I'd have ended up with a section anyway because with his brain scan not being optimal, they don't want him in distress at all.

Totally forgot to order clary sage... so just placed an order now. I hope it makes it before he comes (which, it better, it's due to arrive within a week, and he better stay in at least a week and a half! :rofl:

Big hugs TTC. :hugs:
So sorry your scan and such today wasn't ideal :(

Sorry that your scan today wasn't what you hoped, ttc. I don't understand the metrics- but hope he was just caught in a bad moment and is still doing well overall. I hope Friday goes well. I am glad it sounds like you are getting good care :hugs:

I am completely at peace with a section if I end up being advised to have one. My whole mantra has always been to do what is best for baby. So, if that is a c section, then so be it :) I hope to see the positives with whatever ends up happening!

My bh are pretty intense tonight. It is still more uncomfortable, rather than painful and they seem to come on each evening. So, hoping I am right to assume they are just plain old bhs. Ugh- totally nerve wracking, though! It gives me huge comfort each day as I now creep away from preemie territory towards term. I can't believe we are all 32-36 weeks now :)

ttc sorry to hear things didn't go too well! I bet Tuesday can't come quickly enough now!

Love how everyone is preparing for these new arrivals :baby: Not long ladies... not long!

...and its a definite c-section for me! I have 2 babies in what could only be describe as the worst positions ever! Leading twin is now footling breech! Twin 2 is oblique with head in my ribs! If my waters break i'm to phone an ambulance as i could deliver the feet with the waters apparently... GREAT! Good news is they are both super healthy looking, no size difference again! Makes me wonder what the heck they were measuring a few weeks ago - both approx 6lb 4oz! Amniotic fluid is equal again at 4cm. I have been given my meds for the night before and the morning of my CS. I have to have bloods done on monday morning and then i'm booked in for 7.15am on wed morning for prep for surgery! SO real now.... this time next week i will have my babies in my arms. xx

Shells that's exciting! I'm sorry they've decided to turn in totally crazy ways! But yay next week they'll be here!!!!!!

It's so exciting to think that planned deliveries start happening from next tuesday!! :wacko: where did those 37 weeks go!!!!

I'm ok with the c-section, got my head around it and got a few more questions answered today and they will do their best for the delayed cord clamping (so long as no issues they can do it) and if i can't do skin to skin then DH will do it :happydance:

Man, those are crazy positions!! It seems so surreal that you know when they will be here!

TTC, fingers crossed things look good on Friday.

I think I am starting to get used to the lack of sleep. Or I am more resigned to it now!

Little miss is still breech although imo she changes position all the time!
35+5 weeks and 6lb9oz apparently.
Ecv provisionally booked for 19th when I'll be 37+3.
Xx

Yay for having a date shells! And it is so soon :) :) :) ahhh- i can't believe it. (Also: you had me laughing with the 'worst positions ever' comment ;) )

I hope your version goes well, raspberry! ... or better yet that she may turn on her own in the meantime.

I woke up with an achey arm and feeling bleurgh.... pleeeeeeeease don't be the flu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->