FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Melly Honestly it's very bizarre! The sonographers draw pictures on my notes from their perspective where babies are positioned....

So this is my belly from the front....circles are the babies head, the long curved lines are their bodies and the squiggles are the legs and feet! :wacko:

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/36scandrawposition_zps96eb0683.jpg

Rasp i really hope your little one will turn for you! x

Ras, I hope your girl decides to turn herself around so you don't need the ecv!

Surprise, I hope you aren't getting sick!!!!

Lol Shells idk why that picture is so hilarious to me :)

Great picture shells. I think you should frame it for the nursery!

Raspberry, fingers crossed the version isn't needed, but if it is, that it's successful and not too uncomfortable!! Do you need to be sedated for it?

Feronia, that's really funny about you needing those kitchen supplies for delivery, how exciting for you though!

Ttc - Sorry the scan didn't go so well but it sounds like you're getting excellent care and I'm always amazed by how well you deal with everything! Not long for you to go now! :hugs:

Shells - Congratulations on getting a date! That picture is definitely a keeper though :haha:

So am I right in thinking we will have three little babies here by this time next week!? Aghh this is getting so exciting! I should really finish packing my hospital bag!

So excited for babies to start arriving next week! Hope you Mamas get as much rest as possible between now and then. :)

Awe sorry about the scan results TTC, I hope baby is born healthy and happy!
What awkward positions your twins are Shells! Funny picture! Lol. Can't believe you are so close to meeting them :)
Sorry RaspK that your girl is breech, I hope she turns soon!
And that sounds really exciting Feronia about getting the birth supplies ready! I'll definitely want to read your birth story after!
AFM I had another nurses visit this morning. It went well, baby was moving lots on the nst, baseline HB of about 135...my bp was even 114/70. They still seem weirded out that I have tightenings....I don't know if that means I'll deliver before 40 weeks or not...or how I'll manage labour pains, since the tightening don't really bother me....any ideas?
Also, I have another growth scan tomorrow morning, baby was measuring 5lb 10ounces at 33 weeks....so I'm pretty curious what it'll be now...

If I have the ECV then I will get an injection to relax the muscles and stop the uterus contracting but it is supposed to only be uncomfortable and not painful.
xx

So excited to hear your babies will be here so soon shells! Fx for good results ttc

Ahh shells bet your glad to have a definatley date and time! How scary yet exciting! I know I'm feb 15th for a section but don't know what to expect or what time.

That's so exciting shells, it must be so nice having a definite date that you're going to meet your babies! I can't believe how fast this has all gone, it seems like not long ago we was all introducing ourselves.

Does anyone here plan on combination feeding/pumping and breastfeeding? I'm finding it really difficult to decide what I want to do. I know that I definitely want to give breast feeding a shot, but I'm not sure if I will be able to do it 24/7 by myself. Does anyone have any tips or experience?

xx

Pens - I breastfed my first for 1 year.. and it wasn't easy but I'm glad I stuck with it. DD went through a distracted phase around 4 months and refused the breast so I had to pump for a couple of weeks and I have to say it was so much hassle! See how you get on when baby arrives and just take each day as it comes xx

Establishing breastfeeding can be difficult but once you are past the clusterfeeding and have a good latch and supply it is much easier than FF.
Expressing was just an extra hassle and DS hated the bottle, I can't imagine having to make up bottles at the right temperature etc to feed on demand, you'll no doubt have a hungry baby crying in the night, have to go downstairs, prep the bottle etc and all while trying to comfort the baby compared with pick up the baby and breastfeed.
The first requirement is determination, nearly everyone can breastfeed if they just persevere, yes there are times when you feel like you have done nothing but feed all day, and it can be painful particularly if there are problems such as tongue tie or simply a shallow latch but it gets better particularly helpful to have good support.
I had to be very strong as I had a lot of negativity from in laws regarding breastfeeding and also DH was worried about the pain I was experiencing initially and had also been influenced by his parents views however soon became my biggest champion!
I found it helpful to educate myself on normal behaviour of breastfed behaviour, as FF is very very different and so many people will tell you that baby must not be getting enough etc when it wasn't true at all.
When establishing supply the worst thing you can do is start topping up with formula as your body wont know baby needs extra, over time with a lot of combi feeding the amount of formula goes up, the amount of bf goes down which leads to a downward spiral and your milk supply will "dry up".
What makes you thing you wont be able to breastfeed 24/7 Pens?
xx

Raspberry, that was such a similar experience to me!! Totally agree with all you said.

I lost count the amount of times my parents and in laws told me they thought DD wasn't getting enough! Sheer determination and stubbornness got me through to one year and I'm so proud.

I also found www.kellymom.com to be a great source of reference whenever I had any worries.

my midwife says that newborn babies have a stomach the size of a marble and that is all that needs to be filled each time. Formula is apparently heavier than breastmilk and stretches the babies stomach sooner making them need more formula than they would if they were having Breast milk and this is why when we only produce a little amount for the first few days it is enough at a time, even if it's frequent, until it comes on fully in the 3rd day. Obviously the info i have is just what i have been told lol But i do hope to BF both my boys!

Thanks for your replies. I really want to go give it a good go but I think I have listened to too many peoples "horror stories" which is making me think I won't be able do it. Some people have said they've had babies that have an hour on each breast and are still hungry, others say they are awake every hour in the night and that they didn't think baby was getting enough milk. I think I would just end up worrying that she isn't getting enough and it would end up driving me potty. I think I'm going to buy a breast pump just in case and pump as often as I can if I need to. This is my first time so I really have no idea what to expect so I want to be prepared for all scenarios!

I'm having a bit of a mare today, our road flooded earlier and it seems like it has blocked up the drains and now every time I go to the toilet and flush the water rises to the top and won't get rid of any toilet paper! I've been told not to use the toilets and try and flush them again in a few hours and if they still don't flush to report it again. Easier said than done when you have a baby that likes to use your bladder as a squeeze toy!!!

xx

I second what Raspberry said too. Breastfeeding is 90% determination, 10% breastmilk. So many women get it in their heads when pregnant that they're going to express and I don't, personally, understand it because it really is more work! Once you've cracked breastfeeding it's a doddle and has so many more benefits than just being nutrition. Go to a class or even find a local support group now and get involved. Know where the support is (even if it's just an online or Facebook group) because everyone needs it, even if feeding is going well. Sometimes just the incessant nature of feeding during a growth spurt is enough to make some mums want to give up so having somewhere to rant helps!

Milk doesn't always come in on the 3rd day so don't fall into that trap, can be sooner, can take longer. Also, your baby will probably lose weight after the birth but this doesn't mean you need formula top-ups, you just need to feed, feed, feed and massage to get your supply going. Buy a good book if you can, you'll refer to it often! (The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding from La Leche League is a good one)

Again, as Ras said, educate yourself about normal BF behaviour, do your best to trust baby and follow their lead because you will receive helpful but very wrong 'advice' from family and friends (and sometimes healthcare professionals!). You will hear often how FF babies sleep better but understanding why that is will help you feel better about BF (they're basically working very very hard to digest the formula). There's too much to go into in a post on here so definitely get a good book and bookmark kellymom.com! :thumbup:

Thanks for your replies. I really want to go give it a good go but I think I have listened to too many peoples "horror stories" which is making me think I won't be able do it. Some people have said they've had babies that have an hour on each breast and are still hungry, others say they are awake every hour in the night and that they didn't think baby was getting enough milk. I think I would just end up worrying that she isn't getting enough and it would end up driving me potty. I think I'm going to buy a breast pump just in case and pump as often as I can if I need to. This is my first time so I really have no idea what to expect so I want to be prepared for all scenarios!

I was exactly like you listening to the horror stories.. so much so that I was more worried about breastfeeding than labour!!

All babies are different, you never know, you may get a super efficient feeder and will be on for 10 mins max. You just don't know, but I think the fact you want to try it is good..

And one of my biggest tips is Lansinoh nipple cream.. apply religiously after every single feed! Was a big help to me. I also started using in once a day a couple of weeks before due date and think that helped too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->