FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Raspberry, I think I agree with that. Sometimes sleep is just more important to get, so if being on your back is the only position that works, I'd go for it if you're not feeling any ill effects.

Minibump, I think the Jack Newman one is the best all-around breastfeeding book. I also have these ones:
-Mothering your Nursing Toddler (awesome info on tandem nursing and nursing during pregnancy)
-The Nursing Mother's Companion
-Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding.
-Adventures in Tandem Nursing (haven't picked it up yet, but I'm excited to read it).

They're all great in different ways, but Jack Newman's seems the most comprehensive and informative on a variety of subjects.

I exclusively bf both my little ones and never really had any problems thank god. I remember finding it quite hard with my first but in hind sight I think I overfed the poor little guy!

Attachments

• IMG_20140924_202228.jpg
    IMG_20140924_202228.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
I exclusively bf both my little ones and never really had any problems thank god. I remember finding it quite hard with my first but in hind sight I think I overfed the poor little guy!

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Such a chubby doll!!!!! I love chubby babies!!!!!! :)

I've had a really awful nights sleep again. I do usually wake up a few times in the night anyway due to dead legs but last night was bad. In the evening I kept getting a stitch like pain at the bottom of my belly, just above my knicker line, it started whilst I was cleaning the kitchen and was on and off until I had layed in bed for a few minutes. Then a couple of hours into my sleep I woke up with both legs feeling dead, usually if I turn over it subsides but it was constant and they still don't feel right now :( ugh. Does anyone know what causes any of this?

Funny you should say that Pens, I've woken up with a similar stitch like pain, under bump on the right side! Not sure if it's round ligament pain, or whether I've stretched awkwardly. it's not constant though, only if I'm in a particular position.

For anyone doing research on books, see if any of them you're thinking about are at your local library. I'm borrowing Ina May's book currently, and I'll probably end up buying it as well. The library may not have what you're looking for, but if they do, you can at least see if you'd like the book before you buy it.

Oh gosh I had some catching up to to from were I last left off at. Glad everyone is doing well.

Funny you should say that Pens, I've woken up with a similar stitch like pain, under bump on the right side! Not sure if it's round ligament pain, or whether I've stretched awkwardly. it's not constant though, only if I'm in a particular position.

That's where mine is but slightly to my left! I did wonder if I had pulled something because it hurt more when I was in certain positions and completely went away when I was laying down and relaxed. It seems to be alright this morning though.

Raspberry, I think I agree with that. Sometimes sleep is just more important to get, so if being on your back is the only position that works, I'd go for it if you're not feeling any ill effects.

Minibump, I think the Jack Newman one is the best all-around breastfeeding book. I also have these ones:
-Mothering your Nursing Toddler (awesome info on tandem nursing and nursing during pregnancy)
-The Nursing Mother's Companion
-Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding.
-Adventures in Tandem Nursing (haven't picked it up yet, but I'm excited to read it).

They're all great in different ways, but Jack Newman's seems the most comprehensive and informative on a variety of subjects.

Wasn't me that asked but thanks anyway, lol! I have a copy of Adventures in Tandem Nursing too but haven't started it yet. Probably should really!

Wasn't me that asked but thanks anyway, lol! I have a copy of Adventures in Tandem Nursing too but haven't started it yet. Probably should really!

Oops, I meant to say SurpriseBub! ;)

I've had that horribly painful stitch under/ to the side of my bump when trying to roll over. I think it's when a ligament is pulled. I won't miss being pregnant!

Boo to all these painful ligaments!!

I went back to pregnancy pilates last night after the Christmas break and boy was it tough, wonder if that triggered something with my ligament stitch!

I thought I must have pulled a muscle yesterday when I stood up from my desk, I had a really sharp pain across the bottom of my belly for about 30 seconds. It eventually went away but it made my eyes water!! Our poor bodies are starting to reach the edge of their abilities, I think!

Woke up this morning feeling like I can hardly walk, must be all the inversions and tilts - lol.
Saw the midwife today, she said if she didn't know what she knew from my scan she'd be saying may be feels head down but very unsure and would have booked me for a scan , lol.
She has advised ecv if I want the best chance of homebirth but with everything in doing position wise beforehand.
If I go into labour between now and my ecv she thinks I should go to labour Ward early to be scanned and if baby not breech come home, if she is breech at that point to ask for vaginal delivery provided baby isn't footling breech.
I've booked acupuncture and moxibustion for Tuesday.
xx

I hope your little lady turns Ras!!!! It sounds like you're doing all you possibly can!

I can tell my little guy is still breech. I feel him go almost transverse, then back head up! I think I'm just going to stop the inversions at this point. No longer worth the nausea and back pain/stiffness. There must be a reason he can't go all the way.

Sorry about the breech babies, hope they still manage to turn. Sorry if it's an obvious question, but can you feel a definite head up high??

I'm super paranoid I'm breech but last appointment she said head down so hopefully that's the case.

You might be right, mines so hard to tell, I've found out that two knees sticking out together can feel like the head and midwife couldn't tell which was head and which was bottom I've never felt so prodded. Sometimes I have a huge mass of baby across the middle or either side and limbs seem to be anywhere and everywhere and then other times baby seems to disappear completely and it's all just squish.
Xx

LOL I have experienced the disappearing baby squish too!! :haha:

smawfl, I can definitely feel a head. it's quite a bit harder than a butt :) I also can tell because if I gently move the lump back and forth nothing else moves. If I press his bottom, he will kick and squirm a lot more. :) I also have a big amount of pressure near my ribs but no pressure low. And I pee like normal....lol...no frequent bathroom trips here!

I almost forgot I have my appointment in about an hour. If his brain looks ok, we are all good to deliver Tuesday. If not, I'm having a baby this weekend :)

Good luck TTC :) Hopefully you can make it til tuesday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->