FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Oh my goodness, the missing-baby-squish is weird isn't it?? I have had that a few times, since Bruce (on the right) is higher than Sheila (on the left), that in the lower right it sometimes just feels squishy and weird.

I'm 98% positive Sheila (baby A) is still head down, given all the pointy things poking out and swiping across my belly up high on the left. Bruce (baby B) I'm not sure, I've never been able to tell as easily. Something large and bulbous is usually poking out up high - at one point it was his head, and then last week it was apparently his butt. :lol: So, I can't tell the difference.

Holy Moly babies already! Good luck TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck ttc, that's so soon! Both midwife and I have both tried those methods and it doesn't work for me but I've always been hard to palpate birth pregnancies - no idea why.
Xx

TTC- best of luck to you with baby and the birth. I hope he can hang on until Tuesday. Raspberry, hope you manage to get your baby to turn. Baby pics are a definite from next week!!

I have just had some news and a half. I have to move house on Feb 27th!!!!!! OMG, I dont know how I am going to manage that. Plus DS has an op coming up as well. Why do things always come at once?!

So we've settled on the name Emily. My niece is called Emma. Are the names too similar?

Good luck, ttc! I will be thinking of you!! X

I was completely wrong on baby's position when I tried to guess for myself. I have no idea right now and have given up trying to tell! ;)

Wow- that's a lot going on emy... at least it will be April for you in what will feel like the blink of an eye ;) is your little one having his tonsils out? (If you don't mind my asking...? I remember you talking about that a while back).

Emily is lovely, izzie! :) I wouldn't worry about the names being too similar... if you love Emily, then go for it. I think we have a name... we had a list of final options, and that slowly just morphed into one name :) we are keeping it under our hat, just in case we see her and change our minds! I also don't want to hear reactions until we know.

I don't think it's too similar, Izzie. Unless they both get the nickname Emmy!

EMYJC, yikes! I hope you have a lot of help for the move :o

Oh, and izzie- i have not one, but two cousins named Alva. It was still on my list :) (one of many vetoed by DH)

So we've settled on the name Emily. My niece is called Emma. Are the names too similar?

Emily is a wonderful name! Granted, I'm a bit prejudiced, as it's my name too. ;)

I was named after my grandmothers middle name, which is Emma. Also, your due date is my birthday!

Thanks guys. Surprisebub yes tonsils and adenoids for sleep apnoea. Not ideal it's happening when baby here as he needs an overnight stay so its gonna be down to just OH to stay with him. Might see if my mum can come up and stay over in case he's struggling to get my son to settle so I can pop up to the hospital.

Melly I think I will go to my parents for the wkend with the children and my dad can help OH with the move. We are getting professionals in to do it for us and I have done some decluttering already. I am just feeling pretty overwhelmed!!

I am sure he will do well, emy! I had mine out a few years ago, and if definitely wasn't fun. But after a week I was so happy they were gone! Kids are also meant to handle tonsils a lot better than adults do :) I hope it all goes smoothly.

Poor you- So much going on at once! I would definitely do the go to your parents' place during the move plan. :)

Ooo this thread is getting exciting :) I wonder who will give birth on the same days!
Best of Luck TTC!
I hope baby is turned RaspK. I was frightened mine had turned breech after being head down for so many weeks. It was having hiccups and I felt them in my ribs! Maybe baby was just kicking with each hiccups cause it was head down and I think its pretty stuck! It's head is measuring 38weeks....from the ultrasound I had yesterday.
I'm currently getting pretty sick and tired of medical interventions because of my hospital scare almost a month ago. They want me doing ultrasounds once a week, nst's 2x/week, blood pressure checks 3x/day, lab work once a week plus Dr appointment every week. It doesn't give me any hope that my birth plan will be followed if I can't be left alone currently!

Good luck, Raspberry! I hope baby turns! I've heard really good things about acupuncture and moxibustion as a combination method. Can you by any chance get another midwife to palpate you? I personally have one midwife who isn't very good at palpating and another that has superhuman hands and ears, lol. She was able to hear my baby's heartrate through a fetoscope at 17 weeks and can confirm the position of the baby and placenta within seconds -- it's amazing. The other one couldn't hear by baby with a fetoscope until 25 weeks or so and mistook baby as breech at one appointment!
Would you still attempt a breech home birth if baby isn't footling?

Another way you can tell the position pretty easily (if you're comfortable doing so) is to stick a clean hand up your vagina and feel through the wall for a hard round ball. I was trying to find my cervix not long ago when I wanted to make sure all the BHs I was having weren't dilating me, and the baby's head was sooooo obvious and it's like right in there. :haha:

Wow, ttc! Good luck with your appointment -- babies are coming so soon!

Emily is my name too, and while I like the name, I never liked how popular it is. It seems to be going down in popularity, though, so maybe there will be fewer ones in the future. It was #1 for a while and last time I checked it was in the 40s. I was named after Emily Dickinson. :D

I don't think it's too similar, Izzie. Unless they both get the nickname Emmy!

EMYJC, yikes! I hope you have a lot of help for the move :o

We were thinking more Millie for shortening and Emma isn't shortened to anything yet so think we're safe on that one!

TIME IS FLYINGGGGGGG! :happydance: :rofl:

Can't believe some babies are scheduled to land earthside next week! :) So excited to begin seeing pics and hearing birth stories!

---
Pens I'm late to the show but for the first week we did combi formula/BF because of her prematurity, latch issues and lack of support from the hospital -- I was convinced by them that she needed it when really, looking back, she didn't. But once we got into the swing, things settled along nicely. I did pump a ton esp in the beginning to try and build my supply and created a hoard of milk, some of which was donated and some of which we used. Ended up with oversupply as a result, but we combated that accordingly.

Best suggestion I can give is to utilize your resources. My husband was my biggest support person and when I felt the hospital didn't help me enough, I called La Leche League. There's tons of people out there willing and able to give the support you may seek when your time comes. :) I was told by the LC at the hospital that it would be a miracle if my daughter ever BF... and she self-weaned just shy of two. So NYEAH to them. LOL. #mature

As others have said, KellyMom is a great site!

One thing I will say: SNACKS AND DRINKS ON HAND AT ALL TIMES. lol. If you have the energy now, make something like these energy balls and freeze them. (https://teentoddlernewborn.com/2013/06/17/no-bake-lactation-bites-recipe/) You'll be hungry and having quick, easy-to-grab snacks like the no-bake balls, lactation cookies, cut up fruits/veggies, etc. will be something for which you're grateful! And lots of water, lots and lots. Keep hydrated! I froze some balls already and plan to freeze some more :)rofl:) to be prepared this time!
---

I've never been a back sleeper, but I find myself on my back a lot when I wake in the middle of the night and then get annoyed because I want to stay there and can't. LOL.

Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter is great, River, from what I hear. I am excited to try it this time. I didn't use nipple creams much/at all last time, just coconut oil. But when I did use cream, it was Bella B. Nipple brand. I have used it a few times recently to ease my painful, cracked nipples actually. I don't use lano products on my nips, so those are my suggestions. :)

Good luck to all those trying to encourage stubborn littles to turn! Turn, babies, turn! And best wishes TTC! :hugs: Will be stalking to see updates!!

BTW: Crazy for me to think that in three days, I'll be the same duration of pregnancy I was with my daughter when I delivered... and in four days, I'll be more pregnant than I've ever been in the four pregnancies I've had!

:happydance:

Thanks for the ball recipe, swan! I might try and make some this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->