FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Good luck, Raspberry! I hope baby turns! I've heard really good things about acupuncture and moxibustion as a combination method. Can you by any chance get another midwife to palpate you? I personally have one midwife who isn't very good at palpating and another that has superhuman hands and ears, lol. She was able to hear my baby's heartrate through a fetoscope at 17 weeks and can confirm the position of the baby and placenta within seconds -- it's amazing. The other one couldn't hear by baby with a fetoscope until 25 weeks or so and mistook baby as breech at one appointment!
Would you still attempt a breech home birth if baby isn't footling?

Another way you can tell the position pretty easily (if you're comfortable doing so) is to stick a clean hand up your vagina and feel through the wall for a hard round ball. I was trying to find my cervix not long ago when I wanted to make sure all the BHs I was having weren't dilating me, and the baby's head was sooooo obvious and it's like right in there. :haha:

Wow, ttc! Good luck with your appointment -- babies are coming so soon!

Emily is my name too, and while I like the name, I never liked how popular it is. It seems to be going down in popularity, though, so maybe there will be fewer ones in the future. It was #1 for a while and last time I checked it was in the 40s. I was named after Emily Dickinson. :D

I think I will have to see what happens first with the moxi and maybe the ECV and hope that baby has turned, then explore other options after that if baby still hasn't turned. I vaguely asked about breech births at home and midwife said yes they accidentally happen - so I think I will ask at the following appointment how many midwives are skilled in breech birth in the team and also about the ones in the birth centre attached to the hospital. I would be keen to have midwives rather than obs in attendance even if I ended up in the labour ward and have doctors OUTSIDE.
Baby isn't footling at the moment/at the scan, she had flexed legs so perhaps I need to find out the likelihood of a leg coming first in that position as I suppose it depends on if her bottom stays lower than her feet.
I don't have access to another midwife at the moment, I can't feel a hard round ball down there although I think I have dilated a bit more than the 1cm I have been for the past 4 months, my lower belly is also completely soft this evening I have pushed right in and there is nothing there at all - which it wasn't this morning so if I was to hazard a guess right now I would say transverse/oblique.
The heartbeat was heard (with Doppler) all over my belly, she tried in 3-4 different places both low and high.
I think I have read that the moxibustion and acupuncture wouldn't cause a head down baby to flip breech so I guess I have nothing to lose.

xx

Wow- you have been dilated for an age, raspberry. Huge props to you for handling everything so well and all you have done to keep her baking :)

Swan, thanks for that recipe! I've been looking for recipes that are easy to make and freeze. I do remember feeling quite ravenous while breastfeeding and I know I won't want to be cooking things with a toddler and newborn!

This is another one I plan on doing: https://www.veganbaking.net/recipes/breakfast/granola/easy-granola It lasts for a while and I can just put it over some coconut yogurt for a quick snack. Any other quick, healthy, recipes I can bookmark? I can always veganize them! :)

Rasp, well the hard circular ball sounds promising, but I realize I've never felt what a breech baby looks like from that angle. :haha: That's exactly what I'm feeling now, though, and my midwife confirmed baby is head down. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! His bloodflow was still elevated at the scan, but thankfully not as bad as earlier this week :) So yay!!!! Unless I magically go into labor (which I was having lots of contractions on the nst) he will be here Tuesday around 11:30am!!!!!!!

Swan, lol! As of yesterday I have been the most pregnant I've ever been :) It's been fun to go around saying that even though I realize I'm not even early term till Sunday ;)

Ras, I asked today about the chance of a foot coming first :) My guy is frank breech and they said it'd be extremely unlikely he can wedge a foot beneath his bum at this point. They said if the feet are around the head or baby is folded like a taco it's not a worry. But hopefully your girl has already started turning :)

Well court is finally over! We didn't get the ruling we were hoping for, but we didn't completely lose. My husband's alimony to his ex will half in a year and a half and then end around five years after that. Our aim was to stop the payments completely so I guess we did that, just not as soon as we'd hoped.

I never really post personal stuff online but you ladies have been great support, and I don't really have anyone else to tell, so thank you all! I'd love to go on a huge rant about how unfair to men these things are. His ex now lives with another man who pays all the rent/mortgage, has been given a car and no longer works as she's on full disability, yet my husband has to give her almost a quarter of our income each month. The judge today disregarded our lawyer's evidence and would not hear our arguments. It really makes me lose faith in our justice system.

But, on the bright side, it will end, at least! And, as soon as I am ready I will be applying to the RCMP next year, and DH will be a Mr Mom from when I go to the academy, meaning no more payments from then on. :haha:

Okay, rant over!!
Oh, and DH finally got his date to go back to work today, he flies out in six days!

Captain that seems very unfair but at least not a total negative.

Ttc- Thanks for that I think my concern is that she's very mobile and nothing is engaged so legs could easily move and I feel kicks lower than where here bottom was on the scan on Wednesday.

Feronia- that was I can't feel a hard round ball- definitely nothing felt anywhere near the pelvis or in my vagina.

Thanks surprise - yeah I started dilating at 23/24 weeks I think it was and consultant went into scare tactic and panic mode at that point, had steriod injections at the following appointment but after that (and mostly scans by others my cervix stayed dilated but long at around 4cm).
I'm really miffed as at my last appointment the histology for my lletz treatment came back as small/negligible in relation to effects on the cervix so I had all those appointments and intervention for nothing.
He said I wouldn't need to get the cervical length scans in any future pregnancies.
Xx

hey everyone haven't been on here in a while hope everyone is doing good and gonna meet the babies soon :D I should find out Tuesday my date for my csection, so only 5 wks left this pregnancy has flown by! got a new mattress for the moses basket last night because it not my basket, got some bargains in the sales for some winter clothes for baby in 9-12mths, because my ds was in summer stuff at 9-12 this bubs will need winter anyone else picking up bigger sized stuff?

my mam also got us our baby monitor for 30 euros and I saw the same one on sale somewhere else for 90!

captain glad the court sort of rules in your favour, at least the payments are going to stop

captain, I'm glad it's somewhat taken care of...though it does sound unfair that the support has to continue for a time!
Your DH will go back to work then have to turn around and play baby ;)

Ras, that makes a lot more sense that you'd worry since she's still so mobile. I don't know what it is, but I also feel kicks very low like in my foof area lol. Maybe it's hands reaching down? In my case they seem to think his bottom is wedged in....although I've had no cervix checks to know for sure...just palpation and scans. It's hopefully a good thing she can still move so much! She can still flip! You have to share about your whole moxibustion and acupuncture experience :)

bouncyboo, can't wait to find out your date :) Getting exciting :)

I feel like crap today. So achey, so nauseous! Bleh! Like a truck hit me!

Well I thought she was turning in the shower earlier but I think I feel her head in my ribs, who knows what they get up to in there, looked at belly mapping a few times and none of her movements or kicks are localised they change all the time. I was getting what was very strong kicks in my ribs so either she can still get her feet up there even being breech or she has very strong arms and elbows.

Xx

I know all about kicks in the foof area lol Footling breech... yeah thats lots of fun! I thought when he was oblique and it was hands down there is was bad enough, but feet! lol I randomly squeal and squeak and it's from him kicking out down there... people panic and ask if i'm ok lol If he turns while stretching out... that can make me scream never mind squeal!

Ugh I get painful stuff but must be doubley bad for you shells, kicks to your cervix and arsehole from the inside can be bad enough to have me leap off the sofa and doubled over.
Xx

captain, that sounds so stressful, but I'm glad it's over for you. Sorry you weren't able to get the payments stopped right away, that really sucks. At least now you can get it off your mind and concentrate on baby, right? That's so neat that you decided to do RCMP training!

Ooh, sorry RaspK, I misread you! Well my fingers are crossed that your baby flips in one way or another. I know the butt up near the ribs also feels like a head. I get that poking out and sometimes I think it's a head, lol.

Good news ttc, and that's exciting that you have a date! :)

Captain that seems very unfair but at least not a total negative.

Ttc- Thanks for that I think my concern is that she's very mobile and nothing is engaged so legs could easily move and I feel kicks lower than where here bottom was on the scan on Wednesday.

Feronia- that was I can't feel a hard round ball- definitely nothing felt anywhere near the pelvis or in my vagina.

Thanks surprise - yeah I started dilating at 23/24 weeks I think it was and consultant went into scare tactic and panic mode at that point, had steriod injections at the following appointment but after that (and mostly scans by others my cervix stayed dilated but long at around 4cm).
I'm really miffed as at my last appointment the histology for my lletz treatment came back as small/negligible in relation to effects on the cervix so I had all those appointments and intervention for nothing.
He said I wouldn't need to get the cervical length scans in any future pregnancies.
Xx

How annoying... but you did everything that could based on what you knew at the time. :) you can't really have done any better! Good to know that you shouldn't need the same in a future pregnancy- i guess they can't know either until your cervix is under some pressure. I remember you first talking about all of it, and it sounded like you would go early. Yay for still baking bubs...! Now she just needs to kindly turn for you!

captain, that sounds so stressful, but I'm glad it's over for you. Sorry you weren't able to get the payments stopped right away, that really sucks. At least now you can get it off your mind and concentrate on baby, right? That's so neat that you decided to do RCMP training!

Thanks Feronia! (and everyone else for the kind comments!)
And yes it's nice for it to not be hanging over our heads any more and to concentrate on baby! Very nervous at the thought of joining the RCMP, but I'd always planned on joining the police in the UK so why not! Just need to wait for my citizenship next year! If I make it chances are I'll be doing my two year probation in Surrey! Yuck!!

Thanks Feronia! (and everyone else for the kind comments!)
And yes it's nice for it to not be hanging over our heads any more and to concentrate on baby! Very nervous at the thought of joining the RCMP, but I'd always planned on joining the police in the UK so why not! Just need to wait for my citizenship next year! If I make it chances are I'll be doing my two year probation in Surrey! Yuck!!

Eww, Surrey. Well at least it's only 2 years! :flower: I'll be applying for citizenship this August I think, hopefully it's not too expensive...

Hope baby turns for you Raspberry and you get the birth that you want.

I sometimes get really paranoid that the midwife has/will get my babys position wrong. I feel a lot of movement up near my ribs and the top of my bump usually feels a lot harder than the bottom and sometimes I will get a bump pushing up under my below my ribs. I have no idea what bums and heads feel like and I've never been pregnant before so I don't know what movements should be where, I'm just a big worrier!

xx

Hope baby turns for you Raspberry and you get the birth that you want.

I sometimes get really paranoid that the midwife has/will get my babys position wrong. I feel a lot of movement up near my ribs and the top of my bump usually feels a lot harder than the bottom and sometimes I will get a bump pushing up under my below my ribs. I have no idea what bums and heads feel like and I've never been pregnant before so I don't know what movements should be where, I'm just a big worrier!

xx

I wonder about this too. Can feel lumps and bumps, but don't know what is what. Apparently bum is what is pushing up and giving me rib ache, but I can't tell whether the head is down, or low on my left side. Got appointment on Thursday, so hopefully they can confirm for me then!

Pens if she has doubts by 36/37 weeks she would request a scan for you.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->