FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

TTC did they not give you any medications to take the night before and the morning of your section? I have to take 3 pills on tuesday night, 2 are for nausea and 1 is for reflux and i also have to shower (head to toe) in a special disinfectant 2/3 of the bottle (i can shower with normal wash afterwards to get rid of the smell) - then wednesday morning i'm to take the same meds again and wash arm pits and lady bits (there words not mine lol) in the remaining 1/3 disinfectant. Apparently since using this body wash, everyone who has used it has avoided an infection (you might remember me saying the infection control was not good at my hospital and one of the biggest reason i didn't want a section) Good to see they are addressing it. :)

I can't wait to see next week's babies!! So exciting!!! :) I will be thinking of you ladies.

just out of interest- what is your disinfectant wash called, shells? Have they also told you to look forward to super sexy thigh high compression socks? (Or does your hospital not use them during surgery?)

This pregnancy has definitely not flown for me! I have worried about her all the way along... Not so much to ruin the experience, but i just can't help but worry about anything at all happening to her. Maybe that is a more common FTM thing?

How many weeks will you be when your DH is away, jm? My husband was away Monday-Friday this week, and I kindly asked baby to stay put ;) she obliged, which I was very pleased about! I hope your little man listens to you, too! ;)

Enjoy whatever the day with your friends ends up being, mrs poodle!

Shells, you are an absolute trooper getting to 37 weeks!! I'm hoping to make it to 36 weeks. Which at the moment seems forever away. :hugs: I can't wait to hear the good news!!!

I can't wait to see next week's babies!! So exciting!!! :) I will be thinking of you ladies.

just out of interest- what is your disinfectant wash called, shells? Have they also told you to look forward to super sexy thigh high compression socks? (Or does your hospital not use them during surgery?)

its called HiBi SCRUB Plus? It's an antimicrobial skin cleanser - for removal of skin bacteria and fungi (copied off the bottle lol) sounds lovely! Oh yes i will also be sporting some very sexy stockings lol my last surgery they were a lovely shade of blue lol The pills i have are Omeprazole 20mg x 2 and Metoclopramide 10mg x 1 each time

I still can't believe our pregnancies are near an end and that some of you will have babies this week! My pregnancy seems to have gone really fast, I can't believe that next month my life will be changed forever.
I just weighed myself and I weigh 12.4 stone, so I've gained exactly 3 stone so far :-( I'm not sure how to feel about it. I'm only 5ft3 as well so I feel like a dumpling!
Xx

Awwwww Bruce has the hiccups. I love feeling the hiccups for some reason!! Whenever Sheila gets the hiccups she gets really fidgety. :lol:

Pens, I worked out earlier this week I have put on a third of my original body weight again so far this pregnancy, at which point I promptly stopped weighing myself!!!

thanks ladies he is a fool to be honest and mil is a bigger one to put up with his crap for so long my only bone with her is she didn't look after ds properly i.e. not giving him a dinner/medicine/ he was soaked after he got a bottle from her but I bit my tongue but other than that now she doesn't have him we actually get on fine never fell out or had a cross word with her in 12 years, fil treats her like sick and everyone sees it, dh had to have words with him before over how he treats his mother, ive spoken to dh about what was said and he said to just ignore him that I now the way he goes on I said yeah and hes full of shit, looing for attention like a child, sorry for the swear words,

ttc that's shocking it wasn't your fault they couldn't come up straight away and anyway its time for yourself after a baby!

its called HiBi SCRUB Plus? It's an antimicrobial skin cleanser - for removal of skin bacteria and fungi (copied off the bottle lol) sounds lovely! Oh yes i will also be sporting some very sexy stockings lol my last surgery they were a lovely shade of blue lol The pills i have are Omeprazole 20mg x 2 and Metoclopramide 10mg x 1 each time

Super interesting with the body wash, shells. I had never heard of doing that before... But it certainly makes sense! :) I didn't know about the compression socks before I turned up for my tonsil surgery. i looked super attractive with those and the open back robe on! ;) I wonder if the body wash is now a normal thing over here, too... If not and I do have a c section, I might buy a regular antibacterial soap from the chemists. I mean- why not? :)

I have put on a pretty decent amount of weight, too. I think it is over 40lbs at this stage. I Looked back through my bump photos and was shocked at how skinny I was vs. where I am now as I don't feel that much bigger. but if I am honest with myself, I can see that along with the bump my butt and thighs are certainly looking chunky ;) Ahhh well- it doesn't bother me as it is all for the very best cause! I am going to continue to try and eat good food, and eat when I am hungry. I figure the rest will come off as I get back into a normal non pregnant eating pattern post birth. Also hoping it is true that breastfeeding helps melt some of the extra baggage off. :)

So DH and I were watching the hockey at home last night when baby decided she wanted to play! She's never been this active before so we were excited enough to start filming. She was doing this for about half hour before we started filming and kept it up for two or three more hours! :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00P3K_f3Rfo

So DH and I were watching the hockey at home last night when baby decided she wanted to play! She's never been this active before so we were excited enough to start filming. She was doing this for about half hour before we started filming and kept it up for two or three more hours! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00P3K_f3Rfo

Awww, lovely captain! I have never caught my little one on camera. She also seems to stop moving as soon as Daddy looks her way! I figure she thinks it is a private thing between us :haha:

I also love giving her a poke and getting a reply like you are in the video :cloud9:

Cute! I have been trying to capture my two as well. Here is Bruce having a stretch from yesterday:

https://youtu.be/Yr0QhtCw3ko

Shells, when I had my section, I had inflatable compression stocking things on. They inflated and deflated periodically which was extremely noisy, annoying and made for a sleepless night!

Be prepared for feeling extremely cold after your surgery, I forget why it is but you might have a shivering session in recovery, took me by surprise!

Cute video Captain! Hockey fan in the making?! I took a video of my LO trying to escape the other night but I'll have to upload it to FB. She goes mad if I lay on my left!

Can't wait to hear news of more babies being born, how exciting!! :happydance:

Surprisebub It's fairly new thing to do at our hospital. When i had my lap surgery last year they didn't use it and i caught a nasty infection and was one of my biggest worries about the section as it definitely prolonged the pain and healing. The midwife said that everyone who used it on planned sections avoided infection - one woman refused to use it and caught an infection (why would you even refuse to use it :dohh: ) and emergency sections obviously don't have the time to do it so it's pot luck.

Captain i love the video :thumbup: My phone is full of videos where i've filmed my belly i've shared a couple but the rest i'll store somewhere for my own pleasure.

My weight gain is around 70/75lbs.... My thighs and bum definitely show a huge increase lol When i look back at my first '7 week' photo.... oh how skinny i was lol (and i wasn't even that skinny then lol) I hope to get back to where i was eventually.

So many BH tonight, i've moved position again and guzzling water hoping they settle down, but babies are going crazy and that causes more BH...vicious circle!

Melly love you video too!! It's so cool to see babies moving around!

Minibump i've read about feeling cold afterwards, i'll maybe have to get a fleecy blanket washed up i think and take it in with me. I have heard a few people had them inflatable ones, i'm hoping the socks will do for me!

I will have blood thinner injections for either 7 days or 6 weeks depending on my 'score'.... no inbetween (it will be 6 weeks because of my age and BMI i know it will!) And i will have to do them myself :wacko:

Yeah, the injections are not pleasant but your midwife will do the first few so if it's only 7 days you might only have to do a couple. I had hubby do them for me. 6 weeks sounds terrible so I hope you manage to avoid that! x

Haha Captain! I was watching the game too! But I'm a Flames fan living in "Oil Country" :p

Yeah, the injections are not pleasant but your midwife will do the first few so if it's only 7 days you might only have to do a couple. I had hubby do them for me. 6 weeks sounds terrible so I hope you manage to avoid that! x

my hubby won't even be able to watch me do them, i've got no chance of him doing them for me lol He's a big guy, proper manly man and is scared of needles and so squeamish - i'll be shocked if he doesn't pass out in theatre lol :dohh:

You get used to injecting yourself pretty quickly. I was doing 3 each morning at one point during ivf and didn't bat an eyelid after the first day.

I don't think I could handle giving myself injections. :( I'm so bad with needles. Are they mandatory after a c-section?

I think they are here Melly not sure about over the pond x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->