FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

So, I am scared of needles - usually, so acupuncture was a big thing for me to try. I wasn't sure if I was going to go ahead with it or just the moxibustion.

First of all the man was the most unlikely looking acupuncturist you have ever seen, and he was great! He went though all of my medical history, including family medical history, asked some really bizarre and personal questions and got a really good picture of everything I would say, but made me feel totally at ease at the same time.
He decided I would benefit from acupuncture plus the moxibustion and I was happy with that.
The first needle went into the top of my head, didn't feel a thing other than him tapping (?) on me at the same time and it was quite strange. The others were a couple near my knees, and mostly on my feet and ankles.
Once they were in I did feel slightly ill to start with, I went really hot and clammy and strange until my ears popped. I had a tight feeling like I couldn't breath properly almost, under my bust where my bra is and just below.
After that all went I was deeply relaxed and he started the moxibustion, which was a burning stick of charcoal infused with herbs rather than rolled herbs which apparently makes too much smoke etc, held very close to my little toe and circled there on each side for about 15/20 minutes.
I felt baby make a huge movement at about half way through the moxibustion and she has been sticking out in odd places and moving differently ever since.
When the needles were taken out I did feel nauseous, apparently that's normal.

I have a moxi stick at home with me which I have to get DH to do for me at least 10 minutes each day, he will love doing it anyway especially if I tell him he can do some meditation with me at the same time.

I am really hopeful that she will move before the ECV on Monday, if it turns out there is a reason for not going ahead with the ECV or it doesn't work I will go back for more treatment.

I am fairly certain I will do the cervical ripening once we think baby isn't breech anymore, I said with my possible cervix issues etc and baby being breech that I would hold off til nearer my due date for that.

I am calling tomorrow to get DH an appointment hopefully for Thursday as he is getting headaches a lot that are bordering on migraines and his neck is playing up too.

xx

Fingers crossed it works, Raspberry!

I just had my growth scan, they are now measuring exactly the same and are still both head down. So, no worries! Woohoo!!

Sounds promising raspberry, especially if she was moving while you were there!

Great news for you, melly! :)

Hi everyone! Just a quick update!

Everything went well! He was 6lbs 11oz! He is so adorable! He's been so sleepy so hasn't really eaten yet, but he should wake-up tomorrow a bit more hungry they say!

The section was extremely odd feeling! I could feel lots and lots of pushing and pulling. But not painful really. The only bad thing was that as soon as he was out I couldn't stop throwing up! Bleh! But I'm feeling pretty good now and overall it was great! :)

Congratulations!!!!!! So happy for you to have your baby here safe and sound. :hugs: p

...hopefully the nausea has subsided, too!

Huge congrats TTC!!!
Awesome news Melly!
And I'm hoping for the best that your baby girl turns Raspberry!
What great updates! :)

Congrats, ttc! Any pictures? :) (Maybe in the FB group?) I hope the nausea subsides soon!

Raspberry, thanks for letting us know your acupuncture/moxibustion experience -- very interesting! I'm totally booking myself for cervical ripening when I'm 36 weeks now. I hope your little one turned!

Melly, great news that both babies are head down! :D Yay!

Yay congrats TTC! 3rd baby born! So exciting! Can't wait to see pics! Hope you are able to get rest. Glad you are feeling better.

Congratulations ttc!!! So glad to hear he is safe and well. Hope the sickness has stopped for you now xx Can't wait to see pics x

Well I did actually manage about 3 hours on and off sleep but at 4.30am I'm officially awake now lol must have snored bad... Dh is not in bed with me ooops better go find him I think lol

Thanks for all the good luck messages will update when i can xx

Absolute best of luck for today, shells!! So excited to hear an update- i hope everything goes super smoothly and you have an amazing experience x

Wonderful news ttc, congrats on the birth of your son!!!

Good luck today shells, I can believe you get to meet your little men so soon :D

My bubba also gets hiccups about 5 times a day.

Congrats ttc. Glad everything went smoothly. Hope the nausea has stopped. Looking forward to pics.

Good luck today Shells. Will be thinking of you today. Looking forward to an update.

I get my c section date tomorrow. So weird that I'll know what day my boy will be coming (unless he comes earlier lol) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->