FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

MrsTM1, love the cord ties and other baby stuff! How did you sterilize yours? I put mine in boiled water for 5 minutes, let them dry, and then put them in an air tight ziplock bag in the freezer. My midwife said that's fine.

Same thing, only I'll probably leave mine wet. Easier to tie and they will tighten up a bit as they dry.

Can you join fb group? Details on the first post of this thread.

I'm not sure if shellie will be sharing photos and full names here?

Xx

Didn't Shellie ask for someone to post the photos to this thread on her behalf after she puts them on FB? Or did I imagine that?!

Great news, Shells! :)

I would love to see pics, but agree that shells should be the one to post them if she wants to. She did say something about updating everyone, but nothing about full names, pics etc like raspberry said.

I just got back from my 35w appointment and got a bit of a mixed review :( baby has flipped and is 'very low', and my cervix is soft but closed.she is doing bloods to check for OC, which I am happy about- turns out it is more common in Scandinavian women (which I am). She did a quick scan to check the position, as she couldnt tell by palpitation. Sadly, the scan showed that my placenta has started to calcify :( so, now I will do weekly scans and non stress tests. She also told me to be extra vigilant about changes in movement. Now I am really spooked, and wanting this baby out ASAP. :cry:

Edit: FYI as I for one had never heard of it before today: calcifying means the placenta is beginning to die. It does happen to some people normally (especially if you go past term). 35w is just too early.

Thank you all xx Samuel Stuart 6 lb 5 oz and oliver Michael 5lb 2oz born at 14.04 on 14.01.15 both are amazing I'm so in love already. They have fed from the breast in recovery and I had 4 hours with them but breathing become grunty and are currently in scbu being assessed but all is looking ok and I hope to have them back with me shortly. I'm still bed bound and can't get down to them. I don't mind if someone wants to share the pic on fb I can't resize from my phone and I'm exhausted and can't work it out lol xx

Well Dr appointment was good again. My lab work was good from yesterday, but Dr isn't going to let me go past 39 weeks....
I am 1cm dilated, so she she will do a sweep next appointment.
I'm gonna try my hardest to get this baby out naturally in the next two weeks!

I'm also not allowed to go past 40 weeks due to history and age. Seeing consultant team tomorrow for 38 week check and should get a date for induction at the same time.

Wnt2beAMom, I hope baby comes soon then. Why won't your doctor "let" you go past 39 weeks? Is this your first? Most first time moms go past 40 weeks and the average is actually closer to 41 weeks. Remember, you always have the right to decline an induction! It's totally up to you!
Well, she said today that because I'm on preeclampsia watch she doesn't want to test my luck. She said "say I get really sick at 40 weeks...it will be silly to still have me pregnant"
I'm not sure if I can decline really because I'm on sick leave and it could mess up my benefits not following DR's orders....
I'm open to any natural induction suggestions! :)

Also, that's great news Melly! I can't believe you are still working even!!!

Congrats Shells. This is all getting so exciting that babies are starting to arrive :)

I didn't even realise there was a Facebook group, I'll send you a request if that's ok Raspberry.

SurpriseBub I hope that everything works out ok for you, I'm sure that everything will be absolutely fine :hugs:

And congrats shells, your boys are gorgeous!!!

xx

Here we are shells ...

https://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/katienwillbump/IMG_54018503932223_zpspsoltke1.jpeg

xx

Thanks Melly! And tbh, with my last pregnancy, sex in third tri was so far from my mind. But we haven't been able to DTD since like, 16 weeks... so now I am losing my MIND!!!!!! :rofl: :brat:

Shells I can't stop looking at your pic here and on FB, they're so adorable. Congrats to you mama! :happydance:

Surprise, I'm so sorry for the news! :hugs: I'm glad they're taking you in to monitor you extra and such, but still. The nerves! <3

I had my 36 week appointment and the midwife was pleased with everything! He's head down still (has been for like, ten weeks and hasn't seemed to flip at all that I've felt lol) and measuring well. She did my Strep B today just in case I go before my next appointment. Handed in my sharps container for disposal and all my extra, sealed needles were given to them too. Can't believe I'm done with my shots!

Also got approval for DTD (HOORAY!) and taking RRLT and/or EPO. She said she's no longer worried about what goes on in there and we're just waiting to see when my body is ready. It's such a huge weight off my shoulders. And now, no more crazy protocol for when I THINK I'm in labor. I can just call them when I AM in labor. LOL.

I am on cloud 9 today. It feels so wonderful to be able to just savor the end, now, no strings attached. :)

A big congratulations ttc and shells. So glad everything went well. The babies are gorgeous.

Hope your baby is head down now Raspberry xxx

Thanks Raspberry! It's exciting to have finally reached this point! :) And I'm glad that I can stop worrying about, 'oh crap, am I gonna stir up some kind of irritable uterus nonsense with this, that or that?' and finally can just go about my business. LOL.

How are you feeling now that you've had a day to recoup from acupuncture?

Great news, Shells! :)

I would love to see pics, but agree that shells should be the one to post them if she wants to. She did say something about updating everyone, but nothing about full names, pics etc like raspberry said.

I just got back from my 35w appointment and got a bit of a mixed review :( baby has flipped and is 'very low', and my cervix is soft but closed.she is doing bloods to check for OC, which I am happy about- turns out it is more common in Scandinavian women (which I am). She did a quick scan to check the position, as she couldnt tell by palpitation. Sadly, the scan showed that my placenta has started to calcify :( so, now I will do weekly scans and non stress tests. She also told me to be extra vigilant about changes in movement. Now I am really spooked, and wanting this baby out ASAP. :cry:

Edit: FYI as I for one had never heard of it before today: calcifying means the placenta is beginning to die. It does happen to some people normally (especially if you go past term). 35w is just too early.

Sorry to hear that your going though a stressful time. I'm sure everything will be ok. Good that they picked up on it now and that you'll get regular checks. Big hugs to you xxx

:sad1: I just went to the toilet and when I wiped I seemed to have some blood. It wasn't just bright red blood it was sort of mixed in with watery looking stuff. I did two wipes and it was there both times but now there's nothing. I don't know what to do!!!

Thanks Raspberry! It's exciting to have finally reached this point! :) And I'm glad that I can stop worrying about, 'oh crap, am I gonna stir up some kind of irritable uterus nonsense with this, that or that?' and finally can just go about my business. LOL.

How are you feeling now that you've had a day to recoup from acupuncture?

I'm relieved too, also glad to have proved my consultant wrong and get to full term !

Feeling energised, did a full food shop this morning, and drove for 2 hours this afternoon taking a part to a manufacturer in the next city for dh.
This evening I'm batch cooking for the freezer - wasn't even going to bother but am doing a huge chilli for dh, a mega bolognese some for lasagne. I saw some tin foil trays while I was shopping and was inspired.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->