FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Melly you look wonderful!

TTC am thinking of you!!! Can't wait for updates, good luck!

Shelly tomorrow it's your day!!

Captain I'm so sorry hubby is on his way out :hugs: I pray that baby cooperates accordingly!

Mommy2 I would keep an eye on on it and see. I know some people who've lost theirs and almost immediately lost the rest and went into labor. Then others who lost small bits leading up to labor for days as I believe it, like amniotic fluid, replenishes itself. So I would just be aware and see how things go but sounds like your body may be getting closer in prep! :)

Good luck MrsPoodle! I hope things go well Friday!

My next appointment is tomorrow at 11. Can't wait! Gonna get my strep b test since we never made it to that with DD lol. Getting excited now!!

TTC I'll be thinking of you today! Happy birthday to your little guy. We look forward to hearing about it when you're ready.

Thinking of you TTC! Can't wait to hear from you!

Yay Shelly tomorrow will be your twins Birthday! So exciting!

So exciting, ttc! Can't wait for your update! :D

So sorry that your husband is going to be away now, captain. I hope he ends up being there for the birth -- stay put, baby!

Looking great, Melly! :D

Mommy2missR, it really depends. Mucus plug can regenerate, so unless it's tinged with blood, it's really hard to say. With DD I lost a huge chunk of my plug at 26 weeks after a ton of exercise, but she stayed put until 40+4. It can also look like it's starting to come out a day or so after sex, but that's normal.

TTC thinking of you :) Can't wait for an update!!!

Melly love your belly!!! Beautiful!!!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes... honestly... i had a meltdown last night! I've been emotionally fine this pregnancy but last night reality set in when my mum dropped off the shawls for the babies that my grandmother has knitted... she has knitted the same shawl (same pattern only made for family) for her own kids, grandchildren and great grandchildren - something i ever thought i'd be apart of... just got too much for me! DH went out to his usual monday social night and i just broke down... complete with snot and everything, was a really good look! :blush:

I've waited so long for this moment i started to question whether i could really do this, be a mother to 2 babies! Worried i wouldn't cope with the massive change about to happen in my life. Didn't help that DH is alway so excited and showing no sign of nerves! Today he confessed he is now nervous! Hooray! Makes me feel so much better!

Today i feel so much better about things, i've tried to keep busy and take my mind of things, but i know there will be no sleeping for me tonight! x

Big :hugs: shell! I have had a rough time yesterday and today. I am worrying about the pregnancy vs. The babies... but can very much relate to the tears! :hugs: you have done do amazingly getting so far with your boys- i suspect that handling a twin pregnancy is the absolute best prep for having two babies that you can get! You are clearly already in love with them, and you can't get anything better than a loving, caring mum! I have no doubt you will be great.

I have just gone 35 weeks, and it seems like baby is hiccuping a lot. It is mid morning here and already happened twice!

Have often does your baby/have any previous babies had the hiccups?

I have just gone 35 weeks, and it seems like baby is hiccuping a lot. It is mid morning here and already happened twice!

Have often does your baby/have any previous babies had the hiccups?

For weeks now I've been feeling periodic hiccups. Baby has them a few times a day. Some days he had them as many as five times that day. I asked my OB and he said not to worry. It's actually a good thing. Baby is learning to breathe and is tasting the amniotic fluid.

Good luck tomorrow Shells!! You're going to be a great mom. :)

Can't wait to hear how it's going, TTC!!!

shells, my husband is terrified enough for the both of us, I think. I'm getting more and more calm about the labour thing as time goes by - but I have NO IDEA how we'll cope with two. We'll manage, because people do, but it's obviously going to be a huge upheaval! I can't wait. :D

SB, my husband was worried about how often the twins seemed to have the hiccups so he looked it up and the internet said several times a day is normal, and around 5 minutes at a time is normal, and only to mention it if they start lasting 15-20 minutes.

Melly - He better be back in time for the birth!! He'll be working quite close to an airport, so as soon as things start to happen he will have to rush home! The main flight to Vancouver will only take him an hour, and then the flight over to the island takes just 20 minutes where our friends are an standby to pick him up from! The problem with being on an island is that all the flights/ferries end at 11pm and start up again at 6am, so I just hope we don't get caught out that way. And cute pic by the way, you're looking awesome!!

Shells - In case I don't get back on here today, best of luck for tomorrow! Will be thinking of you xx

Okay, glad he can get back in a few hours if the timing is right!

Can't wait to hear how it's going, TTC!!!

shells, my husband is terrified enough for the both of us, I think. I'm getting more and more calm about the labour thing as time goes by - but I have NO IDEA how we'll cope with two. We'll manage, because people do, but it's obviously going to be a huge upheaval! I can't wait. :D

Awwww, bless! :) I can't wait to have the baby and sees she is safe and well. I think this waiting is unbelievably tough- when the babies start to get here we will all have so many things that need doing... Honestly, I think the first 3 months will fly by- especially with twins! I think you are exactly right- we will just cope/get into our own grooves as that's what you have to do!

Lovely bump pic, too btw. :)

Hiccups - mine has them 4-5 times a day. Asked the OB about them this morning when we were in for a check up, and she said totally normal, and nothing to worry about.

She is booking me in for a scan and nst in a couple weeks to check up on things. Part of it is my worry - since last time I never got checked, dd went overdue, and then they checked and saw very low fluid/etc. I'd like to make sure things are good.

melly - awesome bump pic :)

ttc - FX all is well :)

shells - wow tomorrow!

ttc I hope everything went ok and you a snuggling your little one :)

shells best of luck for tomorrow enjoy the double cuddles :)

I had my check-up today all's going well except I have to go for the glucose test Tuesday morning because there was sugar in my wee, never had it with my ds so hope it goes ok! on another note had a scan baby is head down, looking well and doctor thinks hes smaller than my ds was so a vbac is looking to be a good option for me im just frightened about the whole labour as I was induced last time at 41 weeks, I didn't progress, my ds was in distress, he was too big for me to push out and had a emergency csection along with crying with the pain at 1cm dilated and contractions at 1 minute apart for hours and epidural stopped working twice.

Mrs poodle I hope baby is not breech by Friday, I'll have to let you all know about my acupuncture today when I get on the laptop.

Bounceyboo Yay for head down and an altogether more positive labour abd delivery experience for you this time.

Good luck shells!

Xx

So excited to hear all the baby updates! :D

Raspberry, I'm also curious how your acupuncture goes. I'm thinking of going for cervical ripening, but I've never been during pregnancy. I've only done acupuncture while in labour and obviously it wasn't the most comfortable experience. :haha:

whats cervical ripening? Is that a sweep?

No, it's just acupuncture. They start at 36 weeks and recommend going once a week until your baby is born. It supposedly helps prepare your cervix for labour by softening it and making it dilate more effectively once you do go into labour. I have it covered under extended health insurance so I figured I'd give it a try! Acupuncture helped flip my baby from a bad position in labour last time and I was a skeptic!

So many exciting things happening!

TTC- Hope things are going well with your LO

Shells- Woohoo! You are nearly there. Enjoy your big day tomorrow.

Surprisebub- my baby gets the hiccups at least 3-4 times a day. It helps me know that she's still head down.

It's so crazy that in 1-2 months we'll all be talking about our babies instead of our pregnancies. My midwife started talking to me about contractions and what to look for and when to go to the hospital. It was a little surreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->