FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

great news savvy!

pens id just show up like she said I there was a issue with you not being able to attend im sure she would have told you leave it until next week :)

since I found out the other day I maybe having natural birth im terrified, im so scared the same traumatic labour ending with csection will happen again id love to give birth myself and to experience it but im terrified :(

Great news Savvy, glad you and babies are doing well and should be home soon.

Bouncyboo, i know how you feel, i had the choice of having a natural with my 2nd but they said 30% chance same thing could happen again to me, so opted to have another c-section. They seem confident with you having a natural birth, so i'd give it a go as it sounds you'd like to? Do what you feel is best for you. I'm sure you'll be fine and they'll monitor you more closely this time xxx

Raspberry, i'd do whatever is easiest for you regarding the front page. You've done an amazing job and i wouldnt even know where to start, lol xxx

Great news savvy!

Posted maternity pics on FB and in my journal. :)

Bouncyboo, i know how you feel, i had the choice of having a natural with my 2nd but they said 30% chance same thing could happen again to me, so opted to have another c-section. They seem confident with you having a natural birth, so i'd give it a go as it sounds you'd like to? Do what you feel is best for you. I'm sure you'll be fine and they'll monitor you more closely this time xxx

thanks hun, yeah id love to im guess im just frightened over last time, was chatting too dh about it gonna go with it and see what happens and if I need a section then its fine at least im more prepared this time around in case I need to

I'm in the same position bounceyboo. I was absolutely determined to try for a VBAC but as the big day gets close, I'm getting more nervous about it because I suspect it will end in a section again. I figure this will likely be my last baby though so I do really want to give it a go!

I did my first hypnobirthing class this week and the first thing they discussed was putting your last birth experience in a little mental box and locking it away so it doesn't affect how you approach this birth as each one is so different (unless you have a medical condition or physical limitation). I'm definitely trying to approach this as a completely new experience and forget what happened last time (I feel I've learned from it now so don't need to think about it again until afterwards).

Wishing you the best of luck, I only know 3 women who have had VBACs and all of their second births were fast and easy so I'm hanging onto their positivity!! :thumbup:

thanks minibump wishing you to the best of luck too theres only a day between us hopefully the babies will come easy for us and we get an easier birth this time around, your right about trying to forget about the last birth, sil was saying the same to me yesterday that no 2 labours and births are the same she said she had a rough time with her first and haemorrhaged after her and her 2nd although over due by a few days went very smooth and from when her waters broke to when she had abbey was 4 hours on her last baby she just about made it to the hospital and her husband was parking the car and missed the birth by the time he got upstairs,

thanks hun, yeah id love to im guess im just frightened over last time, was chatting too dh about it gonna go with it and see what happens and if I need a section then its fine at least im more prepared this time around in case I need to

I had resigned myself to a cs, before baby decided to flip! So I don't have the past trauma.... but know the feeling of the plan suddenly changing (I think mommy2missr us in the same boat, too?). I want to talk to my doc about when to intervene etc if things go pear shaped. If you are scared, maybe you could discuss that too so you know you and doc are on the same page?

savvy, I'm so glad your girls will be home with you soon. The last month must have dragged!

Today is my last day at work! :happydance: Woot woot!

In shock here thought I would share it with you ladies.... My best friend gave birth today… all through her pregnancy the hospital told her baby was a girl…

and yet she gave birth to a 8lb5oz baby BOY…

I did`nt think that still happened…

Haha I know!! Im putting a little bag of my babys things..and Im putting a few gender neutral things on my shopping list :D

Oh wow MrsLemon!! I wonder how sure they were that it was a girl? I remember at the 18 week scan, the tech was 80% sure it was a girl, and then when I asked him to check at the next growth scan (... 24 weeks?) he said she was still a girl. He had no doubt that the boy was a boy - his exact phrase was "That is a penis." :lol:

We'll be in trouble if it's two boys, we already have way more girls clothes than boys clothes! And we still don't have one boys name picked out, let alone two!

I had resigned myself to a cs, before baby decided to flip! So I don't have the past trauma.... but know the feeling of the plan suddenly changing (I think mommy2missr us in the same boat, too?). I want to talk to my doc about when to intervene etc if things go pear shaped. If you are scared, maybe you could discuss that too so you know you and doc are on the same page?

thanks hun yeah I think ill do that just have the head consultant meet with me and voice my concerns to her im in again Tuesday week everyone round me is trying to mke me totally go for the csection but whos going to be there in the middle of the night with a screaming baby a toddler and a new mam whos in pain and sheer tiredness not them any way!

That's my biggest fear, trying to deal with a toddler after surgery. It was hard enough with a tiny baby first time around so a kicking, running toddler who wants to be picked up and to jump on you has got to be tough!

I'm slightly worried that I'll try too hard to go natural and end up with a baby in distress so it's trying to find a balance and know when to accept 'defeat'!

think you nailed it on the head there, I suppose just go with it and see where it takes you that's my new plan so far lol ask me again in a few weeks!

My motto is just to do what is best for baby (based on me weighing up my risks + my drs advice). None of us can do anything more than that. Talk things through with your doc and OH, think things through and then go with your best option. :flower:

Oh goodness, mrs Lemon! They must have been so shocked!! I cannot even imagine that moment. I bet they are busy thinking up a new name, now!

Does that mean you have a girl name sorted, melly? We are 99% sold on our choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->