FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

When I say 'go natural', I mean vaginal - I have no problems with pain relief and will take what I feel I need! I just don't want to try so hard to avoid a repeat section that I cause more problems than I'm trying to prevent, if that makes sense?

It's so funny that some of you genuinely thought Melly was calling her babies Sheila and Bruce but then I'm well aware of these 'stereotypical' Aussie names and didn't realise they weren't known over the pond, lol!

Hi ladies congrats on all the births I just read 30 pages as only just got Internet back since mocing house, it took 6 days to move all our stuff and give jeys bacj to okd ll but I am now a homeowner yeh. We tried to tell mil about the pregnancy last night she got so negative we changed the subhect so I guess this is a secret baby lol

Also forgot to mehtion I am noe officially messuring small and my mw thinks I have low fluid so off to uospital tues morning for a scan not going to be fun as I need to take 3 kids as mo babysitter

Hello ladies, just to let you all know that Bridget has given birth to a beautiful baby girl on 16th. Details are on facebook group xxx

Thanks, bubbamadness :)

Congrats bridget! (If you still come on here?) Does that mean baby was a few weeks early?

whats the facebook group please? I seem to have missed out on that ..

For the first time in this pregnancy, I feel worried... I woke up with very itchy arms and legs, like on the inside of my thighs and like where my biceps are. It's not constant but it is a strong itch. I am going to take a bath with cocoa butter and put tons of lotion on to see if it's just dry skin since it is winter and dry skin is not new to me- but I do the same Aveeno all-over lotion routine every day. I guess I'll see how I feel today and if it still itches tomorrow I'll call the doctor because my next appt isn't for another week. Don't know if I should actually be worried or not but I just needed to vent a little. Maybe I just ate something I'm slightly allergic to without knowing it.

I've been itchy mostly on my belly from stretching skin.
Are you retaining water at all because I remember I got all bloated with water everywhere pregnant with ds and my skin was fit to burst and that was itchy.
Definitely keep an eye on it but probably nothing to worry about unless it's severe.
.Xx

I would contact your Ob/midwife if it's not better by tomorrow. There is a pregnancy condition that cause very itchy skin that usually needs medication to treat. I hope it's nothing serve and clears up. Maybe try an Epsom salt bath?

It's called intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP), but it's very, very rare. Some itching can be caused by just increased hormones this late in the pregnancy which will clear up after delivery.

Raspberry- I've had occasional swelling in hands and feet which itches, but right now I'm not swollen at all.

I've been somewhat aware of Cholestasis and before now I knew where my itching would come from (dry skin, swollen hands) but this is in a totally different spot and doesn't feel related to skin stretching.

Mom2Chloe- I'll be doing just that, waiting to see if the itching goes away by tomorrow. Thanks so much.

I'm going to try not to get carried away with worry, I know it does no good. Work was canceled due to icy roads today so I just have me myself and the dog to hang out and try not to go down the rabbit hole... lol.

Haven't checked in for a few days -- so catching up on everyone now! We've had a crazy last few days here, hence my disappearance, but I'll update on that in a second.

Glad to hear good news on your end Savvy! Have been thinking of you! :hugs:

Wow Mrs Lemon that's crazy! Congrats to her, but what a shocker! I've on very rare occasions witnessed posts on here and other boards about that happening, but still. What a shock!

Melly, Bruce always makes me think of the shark on Nemo. "Fish are friends, NOT food!" lol. Though it was also my uncle's name. xD

ZombieKitten also had her baby -- for those not on the FB group. A boy! :)

My tummy's itchy, but due to him dropping and stretching me to 'the max.' lol. I wanna go sleep in a tub of cocoa butter or coconut oil.

AFM, it's been... crazy. Wednesday late night into Thursday morning, I went into labor. I had been joking on the FB group around 11pm that I lost my plug (a ton of others were saying they had too) and that it was contagious. But to my surprise, contractions began a half hour later and were coming together quickly. We went into the midwife and I was 2 cm (around 2:30/3am) and contractions were steadily plugging along. They checked me two hours later and I was 4cm and they said, okay great progress, looks like a baby is coming soon!

They told me to try and get some rest since they didn't consider it 'active labor' at that point, since they said that's nearer to 6cm and my contractions weren't quite to the point of 'active' yet. I did some steps, took a nap, did some steps, took a nap. They monitored me for another 6 hours without doing any internals, trying to let my body do as they felt necessary, but they continued to monitor my vitals and baby's (who was completely unphased by every contraction).

Well, 6 hours later I was still 4/5cm and 50% effaced. So they sent me home (was only 36+0 that day). Was told to call / come in if I have bright red blood, my contractions intensify immensely, reduced movement of the baby.

I was fine with that. I'm glad they didn't break my water because then you're stuck with an induction if they're broken and you're not progressing (what happened with my daughter). So I agreed and have been home since. Contractions come and go, sometimes steadily for awhile, then they taper, then they return. Nothing strong enough to push me beyond 4/5 I'd imagine (just based on how they've not gotten much stronger at any given time than they had been when I was there). But they're there. And he's low. And my poor cervix is still tender from the checks. I'm losing plug consistently and occasionally a little bloody show. But nothing exciting.

Thankfully I'm able to sleep at night, so I'm trying to conserve energy. They advised against doing steps, bouncing, etc. because they said at this stage, it's a waste of energy since I'm not in active labor and unless my body is ready to progress, it won't. That was proven at the center since steps made my cx intensify, but then the second I stopped, they would ease and no dilation occurred anyway. So what they told me makes lots of sense. I've been doing business as usual with work, home, taking care of kiddo and trying to rest to save myself for true labor.

BUT DAMNIT MY VAGINA HURTS. :rofl: I'm trying to be as patient as possible since I know baking longer is best for him, I do. But walking has become quite painful! So I'm trying to lay low and sleep as much as I can. They said I could be like this for hours (yeah, beyond that now LOL), days or WEEKS. So we'll see what happens. But man, I never imagined how painful being stuck at 4cm could be!

Anyway, saga over... just waiting now. :) lol

Ugh swan , I was stuck at 4cm for 24 hours with ds so I can empathise with you on the vag pain! Xx

Hope baby arrives safely soon Swan! :hugs:

Baby is really quiet today. I've been monitoring movement and there's been enough for me to not need to get checked out, but I really don't like it! She's usually more active that this but I guess this is to be expected?

Hmmm Captain I wouldn't be expecting less movements, unless baby has changed position and kicking more towards your back than the front?
Any decrease in movements should really be checked out, have you tried a few things that usually get her moving?

xx

hope baby comes soon swan!

captain if you are worried at all id give you hospital or midwife a call theres no harm done and better to be on the safe side :hugs:

My midwife has always said if there is only one thing I ever remember that she's told me it's that any change in babys movements that I ring the hospital straight away. Movements will change due to lack of space but they should never reduce. She said never to go to sleep feeling unsure and to see how it is the morning, it's more important to get yourself checked out just to be on the safe side xx

Captain, I'd call if you're concerned. Have you tried drinking a cup of cold water, lying down on your side, and monitoring movements? If baby is usually moving much more at this time and she's not, definitely call!

Swan, that sounds tough! I hated dealing with the slow prodromal labour last time. I was 4 cm forever as well. I totally agree with leaving it alone and not doing anything to progress it until you're in active labour. I made the mistake of going on long walks, doing nipple stimulation, and really just whatever I could to strengthen the contractions and I just wore myself out and it didn't help... I hope you can get some rest!

Thanks ladies! It's definitely a little awkward and uncomfortable, but I know it could be worse so I'm trying not to be too whiny. :rofl: My husband's been so sweet allowing me to nap and rest a lot more than my usual while he's been home this weekend, so that's been wonderful. Tomorrow he will return to work and I'm just hoping I have enough activities on hand to keep my toddler busy and low-key for the week. LOL. Thankfully, I have been able to sleep and rarely get woken by any contractions, so I am hoping that will continue so I can be well-rested for true labor. FX anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->