FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

We haven't solidified, but we have some options we really like, so at least we have something!

I thought you were doing Bruce and Sheila? Or are those just pregnancy nicknames?

Those are just pregnancy nicknames!! They are in-jokes for the Aussies among us, really. :lol:

So I went for my presentation scan and baby is breech, not foot first but bum first! Went to see the consultant and they wouldn't recommend ECV due to me having a previous section. They weren't massively happy about trying breech VBAC due to the risks and to be honest, I wouldn't be happy about this either, due to cord etc.

So my section is booked for February 3rd at 39+2. It feels strange to think I won't be going through labour or ever have the experience of a vaginal birth (as this is our last baby) but I would rather do what is safe. Having a set date will help us plan things and my mum has cleared her diary for round then, so it's all easier really!

Hi everyone, i havent been online in a while..I can't believe we are almost into February 2015 & lots of babies will be born soon. My due date is 3rd Feb. so exciting, I am collecting my pram today yepeeeeee.....

I am really struggling with boys name to the point I'm crying most days about it.. We are team yellow. If yous could suggest some boys names to me it would very much appreciated xx

C-section ladies.... This will be my 4th c-section. Please don't worry about looking after a new baby and a toddler. You'll be fine. There was only 14months between my first 2, and 2years between the 2nd and 3rd, and everything went really well. I just explained that my tummy was sore and that they had to be gentle. As long as you protect your scar area from your toddlers roaming knees, feet and elbows! Lol!! They have an art of flying onto your lap like that, dont they. Try to relax and look forward to your special day. You'll all be fine xxx

Hello ladies, just to let you all know that Bridget has given birth to a beautiful baby girl on 16th. Details are on facebook group xxx

Jackdoll, my list was:
Arlo
Milo
Sebastian
Theo
Xavier
Finley

My friend's LOs are:
Leo
Finley
Logan (x2!)
Liam
Henry (x2)
Owen
Ethan
Jack
Oliver
Max
Alex
William

Shamz, yay for c section date buddies :) x

Melly- that's hilarious, I totally thought you really chose those names. Haha.

Jackdoll- we also can't agree on a boy name. We've looked at every list and gone through every name, and in the end we still don't agree. It also stresses me out a lot but I think good advice would be to relax about it and 1. see what gender baby is when born and 2. give yourself a day or two (or more) to find a fitting name when you meet him/her. I wasn't named til after I was born and it worked out just fine :)

Congrats to Bridget! I think I need to get on this FB page!

Time is really dragging on for me, personally, I feel I really want to have this baby!! I don't want him to come early unless he's ready, but the next few weeks are really going to be a challenge. I guess I have to try to use my time wisely and pack my house as much as I can before he arrives. Closing date is April 15 so I'll probably have a 6-8 week old by the time we move :)

Hope everyone is doing great. Thinking of you all.

I agree Megan. The wait feels like it's getting worse now. Not long left but feels ages away. I think because babies are starting to arrive aswell it makes the wait seem longer. We'll get there. Not long left now :)

MrsPoodle - Do you have to arrive in the morning or afternoon? I have to arrive at 7.30am so hoping bubs will arrive by latest 12 :)

Those are just pregnancy nicknames!! They are in-jokes for the Aussies among us, really. :lol:

I didn't realize! :haha: I just tried to google the meaning of these names for Aussies but I totally didn't understand. :dohh: I totally thought these were the names you chose though! My daughter's pregnancy nickname was "Guttersnipe" and this one is "Flapjack" so I don't think anyone would mistake them. :haha: At least I hope not!

So many babies already, it's exciting!

Congratulations Bridget!

I must say, I was feeling slightly on edge that so many ladies from here went in to hospital the very day DH went back to work! Then I read one of the comments on the FB group saying by the law of averages, some of us will have to go over...at this point I'm hoping it's me!!

Since DH left Wednesday I've been doing a lot of sleeping and cleaning! Trying to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy and slowly get the last of things ready for the baby. It's a strange feeling knowing what's about to come, like the calm before a storm :haha:

Hope everyone's having a good weekend :)

Hahahah! Sorry Feronia. So 'Sheila' is basically the Australian nickname for girl, like "Come on Sheilas, let's go to the pub" or something like that. And Bruce was so ubiquitous a name in Australia that it became a joke, and made famous in a Monty Python sketch (which also mentions Sheila!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

I'm lolling at everyone, I got the nicknames melly! I love the culture differences on here, I find it really interesting.

Xx

Hahaha, I see -- so Bruce is just an extremely popular name in Australia? Funny, I've only met once Bruce before! I can't say I understand that particular Monty Python Sketch but thanks for sharing! :haha:

I'm slightly worried that I'll try too hard to go natural and end up with a baby in distress so it's trying to find a balance and know when to accept 'defeat'!

Don't consider it defeat to need something! Listen to your body, don't fight any urge you have during labour, no matter how silly it seems, just go with it! Also listen to your carers, but still make your own decisions!

If you haven't already, please try to read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - I'm nearly through it and I will be buying a copy to keep to read again later. The one I have at the moment is borrowed from the library. :)

Quick update :

Had doctors appointment on Tuesday and the doctor says she can actually feel the head it's so low so I've been put on bed rest because my job is really physical. Anyway my cervix is still closed so that's a good thing.

This morning I went to use the bathroom and part of my mucus plug was on the tissue when I wiped.

Lastly, has anyone experienced cramping in the legs and pelvic area lately? It's so bad that I'm not able to walk around without holding onto something or someone

Oh MrsLemon that is awful, I am so paranoid that I will end up giving birth to a boy instead of a girl, I'll be absolutely devastated because we've even painted the nursery pink!! At my 20 week scan I probably annoyed the hell out of the lady doing the scan, I kept saying "how sure are you? 100%? what percentage are you sure?" and when she said it's never 100% and not to buy everything pink it stuck in my head that maybe she could be wrong! :dohh:

Bet you can't wait to get your little ones home savvy!

My parent craft class went really well apart from being uncomfortable the the most part of 5 hours! We learnt all about birthing techniques, pain relief, what happens when the babys born, etc. so now I have a much better idea of what I'd like to do when the time comes. They want me to go to another class on Friday which covers what happens when the baby is born again, basically repeating what happened today and they signed me up for it even though I said I didn't want to! :growlmad: I just don't see the point in being told the same thing again especially when I get so uncomfortable sitting for so long. I've read up on so many things, I think I'll be okay managing skin to skin without someone telling me how to do it again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->