FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Congrats, zombiekitty! :)

How are things going, captain? Did you call your dr?

My dr took blood to look for cholestasis, megan. I was very itchy (especially on my arms and legs) for 4-5 days. Happily it seems to have slowed down, so I am pretty sure it is just a weird thing (I think with cholestasis it only gets worse with time). It is easy for them to check- call tmr if you are concerned.

How scary swan. Eep! Do they think you just deliver early for some reason? (Your daughter was 35w, right?). Here's hoping your little man stays put until 37w.

I was having some intense cramps a couple of hours ago... they seem to have stopped. Eep. Hoping not to go to L&D today.

Hey everyone! :) Here's a quick picture of my little squish!

Attachments

• 20150114_184403.jpg
    20150114_184403.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 22
Aww TTC, so cute! Congrats! :hugs:

Surprise, they don't really know. I mean, if the hospital hadn't broken my waters with my DD, I bet I would have gone the same route with her as I'm going with him. But they jumped the gun imho (as well as the opinion of the perinatologist and my midwife) and I was forced into induction as a result. So. We're unsure if I just have a tendency to bust into early labor that then stalls for undetermined periods of time, or if I just bake them fast or if my low progesterone plays into it... too many factors. :shrug: But I'm hoping he stays put a bit longer -- just hoping too the pain doesn't get any worse. Waddling around wincing is kind of awkward! :rofl:

Thanks for the concern everyone, I went into the maternity ward in the end. They hooked me up to a fetal monitor and had me push a button every time I felt the baby kick, as well as taking my blood pressure, temp, etc. Everything was fine!

The nurse showed the results to two different OB's and everyone was happy. Hardest part of all was finding the damn maternity ward, I must have wandered the hospital for over half an hour and had to get help from some cleaners in the end! So good job I went in as now I'll know where to go when the time comes! :haha:

TTC, cuuuuuute picture!! Look at those cheeks!!

Aww TTC, so cute! Congrats! :hugs:

Surprise, they don't really know. I mean, if the hospital hadn't broken my waters with my DD, I bet I would have gone the same route with her as I'm going with him. But they jumped the gun imho (as well as the opinion of the perinatologist and my midwife) and I was forced into induction as a result. So. We're unsure if I just have a tendency to bust into early labor that then stalls for undetermined periods of time, or if I just bake them fast or if my low progesterone plays into it... too many factors. :shrug: But I'm hoping he stays put a bit longer -- just hoping too the pain doesn't get any worse. Waddling around wincing is kind of awkward! :rofl:

It certainly seems like you have a pattern! I guess it goes to show how much more you know and are able to comment this time around, having been down the road you went with your dd. As a FTM, there is no hindsight!

I hope it just means you are an efficient baker! To that end, hopefully mr stays put juuuuuust the right amount of time to be perfectly healthy, but also not prolong your pre-birth suffering :)

CONGRATULATIONS ZombieKitten!! I want more details!! Am I the only person not in the Facebook group?

TTC, he's adorable. Well done!!

swan, hopefully you can keep bubs baking for awhile yet. It sounds very uncomfortable though! I've been having cramps on and off from 6am this morning, I tried timing them for awhile but they would only be regular for 20 minutes or so and then they'd stop for awhile. Enough to keep me awake though!

Today I have been having diarrhea and my husband's teasing me because tomorrow is a full moon and DD was a full moon baby.

#notimpressed

LOL.

I'm having consistent contractions this morning, but not any more intense than before... and he's moving a lot during each one so it looks like something from a horror movie. :rofl: Our bodies are such fascinating things!

Glad all is well Captain! I always feel it's better to get checked than not. :) I've had positive experiences though, in terms of going in even when things are fine. They always tell/told me (both practices with which I've been) that they prefer checking than not. However it's always a relief to be reassured!

Oh Melly, such a bummer! It's no fun when they're keeping you awake, that's when I get frustrated! Last night I had some trouble getting asleep and staying asleep.

Thanks Surprise! I know he's estimated to be a decent size (around 6 pounds) based on them feeling him (no ultrasound). So that's reassuring. My 35 weeker was well-baked, just had jaundice but I know boys sometimes struggle more than girls from what I've been told, in terms of prematurity. However I'm just letting things flow and seeing how it goes. All in due time! How are you feeling? So exciting that you'll soon be meeting your first! :hugs:

If someone can please tell me a secret cure for heartburn right now I'd be ever so grateful. I've had 4 hours sleep in the last 48 hours because I've got it so bad, the tablets the doctor prescribed to me don't seem to do a thing and I've tried drinking milk which has helped before but now it's doing nothing. I'm on the verge of being sick every 5 minutes it's awful :(

Really sorry I don't have time to catch up with you all. We are still in hospital and ollie is back under phototherapy as his jaundice Levels have rebounded :( I know they are trivial things especially compared to savvy and her girls but 5 days now of ups and downs in hospital are taking the toll :(

For those not in fb group ollie is top left and bottom right and the one on the right in the middle. Obviously the other is Samuel lol x

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/PhotoGrid_1421672421296_zpspncxd30o.jpg

Oh my goodness Shells, how freakin cute! And hang in there, sounds like they're little fighters from what I've read, I'm sure you'll be home before you know it :hugs:

Swan - Yes it definitely feels good to just go and get checked out. The nurses there were so nice and kept saying I did the right thing by coming in, and if there were any concerns to just go back. Just relieved everything was okay!

So we had quite a busy week eh?! I wonder who's next.. do we have any more c-sections coming up?

I am pretty sure someone on FB has an induction this week. Maybe even two people. Not positive though!

Shells, melt my heart. They're so cute!!!

It's so exciting!! :wohoo:

Oh and I forgot to mention, Canadian ladies...check out Target! With them closing down there's sales, sales, sales. Yesterday I picked up two maternity shirts for breastfeeding, almost got them a couple of weeks a go but glad I waited now! Almost everything is on sale/clearance so there's some good buys in there if you've still got things to pick up like I have!

Awwww shells, sorry to hear about the jaundice but he's in the best place for it. I guess it goes to show that even if you keep them baking until after 37 weeks, there's no guarantee of avoiding NICU time. :hugs:

So wonderful shells! For heartburn my fil swears by baking soda and water!

Congratulations Shells and TTC. Beautiful babies!

Swan - that does sound painful. If your DH is right about the full moon maybe it won't be much longer.

Pens have you tried warm peppermint cordial? Not peppermint tea, that did naff all, but you can get cordial and having it hot or warm really helped my awful heartburn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->