FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Pens, I've been taking zantac, Tums and papaya enzymes and drinking bucketloads of milk. That seems to have stopped the constant burning at least, if not the constant discomfort and feeling like I need to burp.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to be trying them all! I just want to be able to lay down for 5 minutes.

Well wish me luck I have a scan tom morn then consultant I have to take all my kids with me and be home by 12pm for gas man this is going to be stress

Good luck 2nd time!

I wish I had suggestions for you Pens, but sadly it seems everything has stopped working for me also. I just try and eat a lot of small meals as it gets worse if stomach is empty. Also means I have to eat in the middle of the night when the acid wakes me, but such is life. LOL

Aw lovely pictures Shells!

Heartburn is coming back with a vengeance, thought I had avoided it this pregnancy as with my DD I suffered with it from 14 weeks but this past week or so it's been bloomin' awful! I'm constantly eating rennies :haha: It will be interesting to see if the heartburn = hair is true for this baby, certainly was with my DD!

Also I can't believe I will be 35 weeks tomorrow! This pregnancy has flown by. I have a scan next Monday (to check placenta position etc in preparation for c-section) and then the midwife, and I'll be given the dates and times of the rest of my appointments! I'll have one at the hospital, a pre-op appointment, and then only one or two more with my midwife!

Today I have been having diarrhea and my husband's teasing me because tomorrow is a full moon and DD was a full moon baby.

#notimpressed

LOL.

I'm having consistent contractions this morning, but not any more intense than before... and he's moving a lot during each one so it looks like something from a horror movie. :rofl: Our bodies are such fascinating things!

Glad all is well Captain! I always feel it's better to get checked than not. :) I've had positive experiences though, in terms of going in even when things are fine. They always tell/told me (both practices with which I've been) that they prefer checking than not. However it's always a relief to be reassured!

Oh Melly, such a bummer! It's no fun when they're keeping you awake, that's when I get frustrated! Last night I had some trouble getting asleep and staying asleep.

Thanks Surprise! I know he's estimated to be a decent size (around 6 pounds) based on them feeling him (no ultrasound). So that's reassuring. My 35 weeker was well-baked, just had jaundice but I know boys sometimes struggle more than girls from what I've been told, in terms of prematurity. However I'm just letting things flow and seeing how it goes. All in due time! How are you feeling? So exciting that you'll soon be meeting your first! :hugs:

What handsome boys, shells! I hope they both are at 100% shortly. :hugs: you got them here safe and sound, and did amazingly to get so far. I really do hope they will both be looking super healthy in the next couple of days and you can start looking forward to being home.

Pens- have you tried elevating your head when you go to bed? ...you sound a lot worse off than me, so I am guessing you have already tried lots of remedies! (Sorry if this sounds simple and irritating because you tried it days ago and it isnt helping ;) just thpught i would mention it as the not lying flat definitely helped me!) I also read citrus and tomato are bad, so stopped drinking oj at night. That also helped. :hugs:

Melly- nope, I'm not on the fb either! I don't use fb much and like keeping the pregnancy off there in any case. I also really like having the board, so hope you ladies keep updating both!

Swan- i am very excited, but also worried and nervous about getting there. Last week the doc was concerned about my placenta looking old and beginning to calcify. so I was getting my hopes up for an induction at 37w. This week she thought there was no change, so we carry on. I don't want an early baby who wasn't ready, but am really nervous about something happening to her in utero. Honestly, it is exhausting (Sorry to be a bummer!) I also have BV AND a yeast infection- i think my vagina is over this whole deal! Sigh. I am trying not to complain, as I know others have it tougher than i do... but the lots of little results to worry about is getting me down. I want her here safe and sound ASAP! My OH is convinced that she will come on super bowl Sunday, thus keeping him from the game ;) so long as she is well, I will be fine.

They're so cute, shells! I hope they are both fully recovered soon and can go home. I hope the breastfeeding is going well!

captain, thanks for the heads up! Last time I heard Target didn't have any sales yet, so I guess they do now? I'd love to try to get some more nursing tops!

Sorry for being rubbish at catching up, updating the first post etc - really stressful and busy time with DH business!

You'll be pleased to know baby was head down at my appointment this afternoon although the midwife that had a feel first really couldn't tell and suspected still breech.

Xx

Awesome Raspberry!

We have another scan on Friday to see if ours is still incomplete (footling) breech. We just want him to turn!!

Awesome Raspberry!

We have another scan on Friday to see if ours is still incomplete (footling) breech. We just want him to turn!!

You still have time for him to turn ... Just as mine has time to turn back he he.

Xx

Everyone is getting so close! I'm due in 12 days ahhhh!!

I forgot to mention one strange pregnancy symptom. It seems my leg hair has slowed or almost stopped growing. I usually have to shave very often to keep smooth legs (not that I really do it enough) but lately I've niticed they're oretty smith and I don't remember when I shaved last. So strange!! Has anyone else had this?

Also, my feet and ankles have decided to get pretty puffy by the end of the work day. It happens most when I'm sitting all day at my desk. I have to remind myself to get up and walk.

imphope - I have noticed the slowed hair growth on my legs as well - so not complaining!

Surprise, no need to apologize! :hugs: It's not easy to be upbeat 24/7, especially at the end! And though it sounds good that your doctor isn't concerned, I would still be at ill ease also. Not easy to shut down the worried mama brain, I totally feel that! :hugs: Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and things plug along without issue!

Raspberry, what great news! Congrats!!

Imp my leg hair growth has slowed also. I won't complain! But seems my hair on my head has had a growth spurt. :rofl: Makes no sense to me but it's all good!

Thanks, swan! I hate how quickly each appointment goes. I feel better for about 2 hours and then get worried anew. I need to focus on the good things- ie. Baby performed perfectly for her biophysical profile :) oh, how nice it would be if we could choose when we went into labor. I bet I would snap in a week's time.

My leg hair and eyebrow hair definitely slowed growth too... but i am somewhat embarrassed by my monkey belly. Here's hoping that goes away!

Great news, Rasp! I'm so glad baby turned! Do you think it was the big movement you felt after doing acupuncture? I have cervical ripening booked starting next week. I'm wondering why they insist on starting well into the 37th week -- do they think that the ripening might do the same things as an acupuncture induction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->