FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Congrats on 35 weeks, melly!

Raspberry, when do you plan to set up your tub? I was thinking 38 weeks. Cloth pads are so expensive that I decided to combine them with prefolds -- so glamorous! :haha:

Most probably when I'm in labour :haha: we don't have a very big house, ok we have a very tiny cottage and there's no where out of the way to put it blown up between ds and the cat I think it'd be ruined.

It didn't take long to set it up last time and dh has an amazing pump that'll probably do it a lot quicker than the 45 minutes it says on the box. Once the bottom part of the pool is pumped you can start filling with water before the next part is pumped up if needs be.

Ooo prefolds- there's an idea, I have some that got rust stained that I could use.
I'm planning on disposable mat pads for the really heavy few days/sitting on disposable bed mats certainly for the first few hours.

Xx

That's probably a better idea! Ours took over an hour to inflate when I tested it out, but I'll probably have that time considering how long my labour was last time, heh. Our living room is tiny so we can certainly use the space. I plan to use the disposable mat pads my midwives gave me until those run out and then start on the cloth pads/ prefolds. :)

Hi ladies! Checking in to see how progress goes! Quiet though, hahaha. Quiet before the storm perhaps? Full moon here tonight, I believe, and snow coming too! Curious if it lures out any babies this week from the group!

Same old here. Still having contractions. But they're not stronger so I keep plugging along. LOL. Cervix is a bit tender today, so interested to see what, if anything, they say at my appointment tomorrow!

My officemate missed giving birth in her birth pool at home because it took too long to set up, so don't leave it too long ladies! :lol:

Celebrated my first day of maternity leave by staying in bed until 10:45am. Bliss. :lol:

My officemate missed giving birth in her birth pool at home because it took too long to set up, so don't leave it too long ladies! :lol:

Celebrated my first day of maternity leave by staying in bed until 10:45am. Bliss. :lol:

Woo hoo, mat leave! :thumbup:

Ahh, I don't know when to set it up now. I tend to over prepare so I'll probably end up doing it in a few weeks anyway. How bad of an idea would it be to have it set up for a few weeks with a crazy 2-year old running around? :dohh:

I doubt I'll be lucky enough to have such a quick labour that we can't set up the pool. I read my labour notes when I was at the hospital yesterday 35 hours from first slow leaking waters to baby, 26 hours from first contraction to baby, 35 minutes second stage labour (that was admission time to baby birth), it's listed that I had a heavy bloody show which was why I was on the bed on the monitor and also given the Injection for managed third stage (with out my consent) but third stage from birth of baby to placenta was only 7 minutes.
My home birth midwife didn't note my main waters breaking so I don't have any idea how much time between that and birth but it wasn't that long. I was "stuck" at 4cm up to last check 2-2.5 hours before dswas born.
I've no idea how things will go this time.
Xx

Yeah, she had about an eight hour labour, and my recollection of her birth story is that by the time she asked for it (she wanted to save it for active labour), then in the hour or so it took to get set up, she was already moving to transition and no longer wanted to/couldn't get into the pool.

Ahhh I'd probably have dh set it up at first twinge - if he's even here when I go into labour.

xx

Anyone on baby #2 or more... did you feel sick before labor began? I can't put my finger on it, but I just feel a bit "off". No fever, vomiting or anything too alarming. Just curious. I suspect it is something hormonal as it is a little reminiscent of m/s.

I didn't feel sick before labour began, but it was a really slow to start labour. I really didn't feel any different, sorry!

With DD I thought I had the stomach flu. Was tired and in the bathroom all day long. I just felt not right and then the diarrhea hit.

But it's hard to really say since it varies so much with people, even from pregnancy to pregnancy. I've felt off the past two days too - no sign of him coming yet.

Hang in there mama! Could be the start of something or could just be an off day. :hugs: hopefully you know more soon! :)

Finally finished sewing the stash :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 13
Thanks, feronia and swan... I tried to read up on it. Some people feel off like that before birth. But it might be a day away, it might be weeks yet. Or it might be totally unrelated. We shall see.

How are you feeling, swan? Do you think you are making slow progress? :) I hope you feel better, and he comes at just the right time!

Amazing, river! You are very skilled indeed :)

River that's a fab stash!

SurpriseBub I felt restless more than anything and was sick as transition.

Xx

Surprise Bub, I've been feeling sick for a few weeks, it's kind of like ms, think it's hormonal to be honest.

I didn't have any signs of going into labour last time I'm afraid, it's just a waiting game!

Raspberry, your mw thinks baby is head down, have they sent you for a scan to check? If she's not sure, then surely they will want confirmation? Considering the risks of breech birth?

well done river they are lovely :)

op, I felt very off and very crampy this day last week and I was fine the day after and since might just be a bug going around or something?

Surprise, I felt really sick all weekend before I had this little.guy. When I went for my checkup last Monday, I was having strong contractions. My dr thought I was going into labor. The next day before my c section same thing...lots of contractions getting more regular. So I don't know! Could be a sign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->