FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Lol, it's a bit like symptom spotting on the TWW isn't it?! Glad I'll never have to do that again though!

Surprise Bub, I've been feeling sick for a few weeks, it's kind of like ms, think it's hormonal to be honest.

I didn't have any signs of going into labour last time I'm afraid, it's just a waiting game!

Raspberry, your mw thinks baby is head down, have they sent you for a scan to check? If she's not sure, then surely they will want confirmation? Considering the risks of breech birth?

The midwife at the hospital thought she was breech when I went in for my ecv appointment so they called the consultant ready to do ecv they scanned me at that point and baby was head down so the midwife was wrong.
Appointment with my own midwife this morning suggests baby is still head down.

Xx

Thanks, ladies! There are so many pregnancy things that either mean something... or simply mean nothing at all! And I guess it is impossible to know. I agree it seems hormonal- i do think it means labor is coming... but not sure if that means we are talking days or weeks. Obviously labor is going to happen in the next few weeks at some point! ;)

Every morning I get excited to open this up and see if anyone has had their baby! :)

Thanks, ladies! There are so many pregnancy things that either mean something... or simply mean nothing at all! And I guess it is impossible to know. I agree it seems hormonal- i do think it means labor is coming... but not sure if that means we are talking days or weeks. Obviously labor is going to happen in the next few weeks at some point! ;)

Every morning I get excited to open this up and see if anyone has had their baby! :)

I keep checking too lol just worried mine will come before snow clears

Babys movement has a been a bit weird today and I'm not sure whether to be concerned or not. I wouldn't say the movements have necessarily reduced (wouldn't say that yet anyway as she has never moved a great amount during the day, only prods and pokes, she usually is very active during the evenings, so will have to wait and see) but they do feel different. They don't feel like they're as strong and they're more like little taps and a few times today I've felt a lot of pressure down low like she is pushing. She has also changed position since yesterday, her back was up against the right side of my belly but now it's up against the leftish/middle, so not sure if that has anything to do with it, especially as my placenta is anterior.
I know that I should call my hospital as soon as I get reduced movement but it doesn't seem reduced, just feels different... and this being my first I don't know if this is normal because she's getting a bit squished or what. If she doesn't have a good fidget by this evening I'll be phoning, but not sure whether I should be worried or not yet.

If baby has their feet against your back then you won't necessarily notice as much movement. My movements have changed in that they're less forceful just more squirmy but they still happen as often so I've just put this down to positioning and less room for baby to make huge starfish shapes as it felt like she did before.

If you're worried, drink something cold and/or sweet and lay down on your left side for a while to see if baby wakes up. If nothing happens or you're still not happy then go in to be monitored, don't be embarrassed! I was up at 3:30 this morning doing the drink thing and then wished I hadn't woken her up because I couldn't get back to sleep!

Thanks! I've eaten/drank cold water/been laying on side/given her prods and she's responded to it all, just doesn't feel as strong as normal! My belly feels really hard today where she's laying as well as my belly button seems to be coming out even more so I think her back might be pushed out and her feet are against my back. I really wish our bellys could go see through so we can see what they're up to in there.
I didn't know whether it would be stupid or not to ring triage saying that her movement hasn't reduced but it feels different, but I will definitely ring this evening if she isn't her usual self.

Shells, your boys are adorable!! Such sweet pictures! I am so sorry to hear Ollie is back under phototherapy. Both of my girls spent a day under the bili lights. Hopefully his levels will be normal soon. After 6+ weeks in the hospital I know what you mean, it gets exhausting! Take care of yourself too, hopefully you will be home soon and enjoying your boys!

Well Madison came home on Monday but unfortunately Mackenzie is still in the hospital. She started throwing up after her feeds. They aren't sure if it is something like a stomach bug/reflux or something more severe. They have done some testing to rule out things and are keeping an eye on her tummy, urine output, etc. If it is something contagious I don't want Madison exposed anymore so I stayed home from the hospital with Madison today. Hard to not be there for my baby but she had a good night without vomiting.

Thanks! I've eaten/drank cold water/been laying on side/given her prods and she's responded to it all, just doesn't feel as strong as normal! My belly feels really hard today where she's laying as well as my belly button seems to be coming out even more so I think her back might be pushed out and her feet are against my back. I really wish our bellys could go see through so we can see what they're up to in there.
I didn't know whether it would be stupid or not to ring triage saying that her movement hasn't reduced but it feels different, but I will definitely ring this evening if she isn't her usual self.

Honestly I would just call triage and put your mind at ease. At my hospital they told us to not feel bad about calling with questions or even if you came in with false labor. They would rather answer questions and send you home than have a baby in the car because you wait too long. Sending positive thoughts your way. :hugs:

Honestly I would just call triage and put your mind at ease. At my hospital they told us to not feel bad about calling with questions or even if you came in with false labor. They would rather answer questions and send you home than have a baby in the car because you wait too long. Sending positive thoughts your way. :hugs:

Thanks, I think I'm going to now because I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling in my belly like I'm about to come on my period! :(
Hope your little Mackenzie is better and home soon xx

Ras, I'm so happy your girl turned :) That's great news!

Pens, sounds like a good idea to get checked out!

Savvy, so glad madison is home! Will be thinking of your sweet Mackenzie!

Oh savvy, it must be so tough to have one of them at home and the other in hospital still. :hugs: I hope Mackenzie can be with you and Madison ASAP!

Pens, our hospital said they'd rather have a hundred women call about nothing than miss one woman with a problem, so I would call.

I had a very, very bad period-like cramp for a minute or two low on the right hand side of my belly after rolling over in bed last night. No idea what it was but after it stopped I was fine. Hurt like a bitch though!!

Savvy, hope Mackenzie will be able to go home soon! :hugs:

Pens, sounds a bit like what I experienced Sunday. I certainly had reduced movements but even when I did feel some they were just different, and not as strong. I was really glad I went in to get checked. Once that thought's in your head I think it's the best thing to do!

I know what you mean, pens. I don't want to be the girl who cried wolf... But as everyone says, if you are concerned, then don't feel bad to go in. It would put your mind at ease if nothing else.

Wishing Mackenzie the very best. I hope she joins you at home shortly, savvy xx

DH didn't go into work today because he felt like he had the flu, so he stayed in his room in camp. I called him about half hour a go after my pre-natal appointment to tell him how it went and he starts coughing like I'd never heard anyone cough before, I think he was sick too. Then it sounded like he couldn't breathe. He barely got out that he was going to the nurses office then hung up.

I was so worried. I gave him five minutes and he wasn't texting back so I called, the phone answered but he wasn't talking, all I could hear was background noise. I could hear nurses and it sounded like they lifted him onto a bed and they were giving him air, I could hear him cough every now and again, then the phone hung up. He texted me just after to say he's fine (which he would say even if he's not), and that he's on ventlin and can breath like normal now.

I was sitting in the car when this happened so I was going to go to my neighbours as I was starting to freak out. But as I was walking across the car park they were running to their car because they're very good friend (someone who they call their father) had just had a heart attack.

When it rains, it pours eh?

I would be freaking out too, captain. If he is being seen to, then I am sure he is fine. I hope you can talk to him shortly and get an update.

Hi ladies! I've just finished getting caught up on everything! Congrats to those whose LOs have already made their appearance.

I'm getting very eager to meet this little one and to have her stop doing her kickboxing routine on my ribs. Sleep has become a distant memory and I am getting tons of pelvic floor pain that makes walking quite difficult.

It's really fun reading everyone's updates. I can't wait to see more announcements and pictures!

Yikes, Captain, scary! I hope you've had a proper update by now.

Thanks ladies.

He started to text a bit more once he was stable. They took him to hospital for x-rays as they thought he had pneumonia. The results came back clear so he doesn't have that thankfully. They're giving him antibiotics and a ventlin puffer and sending him back to camp, which is good, but I'd rather they kept him in to keep an eye on things. I asked him what had happened for him to be struggling to breathe so much and he said he'd tell me later, ugh.

I'm feeling quite exhausted after all this. I wish my neighbours were around to talk to, they're really the only people I have here, I'm hoping their friend is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->