FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Yay head down River!!
Congrats Izzie!!
38+5 today, had an appt this AM. Still 1cm, 50%, baby's head is low, but she didn't give me a station. The girls at my OBs office said that I look like I've dropped. Had a stretch and sweep today in hopes it will move things along. Next appointment is next Fri 1/30. Really hope my little man comes soon!!

Anyone thinking they might go this weekend?

How are you traveling, swan? :)

I bloody hope not Surprise! :haha:

River, fantastic news!

Holy cow!!
Confession time. I've never, ever worn leggings before. I was sick of wearing my maternity jeans every day so I went to the mall and ended up buying some maternity leggings today. Holy comfortable Batman, I'm in heaven right now :happydance:

Oh I am so sick of jeans! I been wearing sweatpants and lululemon.

I hope I go this weekend....I just had acupuncture done today, and will again tomorrow. Fx'd!!

Hope everyone's well! Can't believe how few babies have been born until now! Only a week till February yay!

Had my Dr. appt. :) I am about 1cm and 0% effaced confirmed he is head down. Funny because with my DD at this point I was 0cm 25% effaced.
I feel better about DH going out of town for a few days next week.
I can't believe Feb. will be here in a week! Yay!

I hope it isn't this weekend for me, have stuff to do!

Captain how have you ever survived without wearing leggings?

Xx

Baby is one week old! Can't believe how the days have flashed past. Getting into the swing of things.

Waiting for my step children to visit this morning. Feeling anxious about it for some reason ... Must stay calm!

Ok I have a question... So little guy is breastfeeding on.demand. Sleeps right next to me all night. He will cluster feed from about 8pm to 11pm then sleep and only wake once at 3am. I just woke him up at 7am because I was so engorged. Is this ok for an 11 day old? Feels so wrong my ds1 was up every 2 hours or even more at this point....

Ok I have a question... So little guy is breastfeeding on.demand. Sleeps right next to me all night. He will cluster feed from about 8pm to 11pm then sleep and only wake once at 3am. I just woke him up at 7am because I was so engorged. Is this ok for an 11 day old? Feels so wrong my ds1 was up every 2 hours or even more at this point....

Completely fine, my no 1 rule of of parenting has been never wake a sleeping baby unless there's a medical reason to do so.

Xz

My 2nd child was very sleepy. She wouldn't wake all night and sometimes didn't want to wake in the day. Her doctor told me to wake her up every 4 hours to make sure she ate, even overnight so I set an alarm. Sometimes it would take forever to wake her. I'd undress her, tickle her feet?, and she still wouldn't wake. After a week or two, she began waking on her own.

It's no big deal if he is eating regularly most of the time. My daughter was trying to skip 8-16 hours before eating which is not good when they're only a few days old.

I've always fed on demand. Never woke any of mine for feeds, but then they always woke me! Lol. Mine used to feed every 2-4 hours roughly. As long as baby is weeing and pooing i would say its fine xxx

Emily was not good at waking up initially and we did everything in hospital to try and get her to feed. The Dr told me to wake her every 3 hours. Now we are home she sort of does that herself, but can fall asleep again very quickly, so if she doesn't want it I wait a while. Have been expressing too and find it easier to feed her from the bottle, but she is getting better in the breast. All trial and error at the moment, but she is happy!

Raspberry I've no idea!!

Izzie - Good luck with the visit!

Raspberry I've no idea!!

Izzie - Good luck with the visit!

Thank you. Not sure what I was worried about, but 2 of 3 step children cMe and were absolutely fine. Boy not that interested, girl very excited, but played well. Hooray!

thanks ladies it turns out he has a terrible cold and still cutting his 2 back molar the top 2 are still under the gum but not coming through yet, hes really suffering the poor things hes back to showering bump and me in cuddles and kisses but hes feeling very sorry for himself :(

op who posted about feeds I agree with raspberry let sleeping babies lie they will wake u when they r hungry!

Ttc, as long as LO is gaining weight and having plenty of wet and dirty nappies then it's probably fine although I, personally (and this is only my opinion not based on anything), wouldn't want to let a baby that young go more than 4-6 hours between feeds as their stomachs are still only the size of a ping-pong ball and breastmilk is digested very quickly. You can feed babies in their sleep too, they don't need to be totally awake! Glad the feeding's going well! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! He is having plenty of wet and dirty diapers and gained 6 ounces between discharge from hospital and his first visit to the pediatrician 3 days later :)

mini, thanks I too feel uncomfortable letting him go too long over 4 hours. Last night he went 4.5 hours then 3.5 so I guess not too unreasonable.

Gosh I never told you ladies, it scared me half to death....But while we were in the hospital my lo rolled off a pillow and I barely caught him before he fell on the floor!!!!! terrifying! I still can't fully forgive myself but very thankful nothing bad came of it. Be careful in the hospital especially if you're moving slow after a section!

At least you caught him ttc! When my husband was a baby his mother dropped him getting out the car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->