FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I had an appointment today with a consultant and she has really confused me! Up until now they have been adamant that I should have a section due to shoulder dystocia in my 2 previous deliveries. Then today she said if I happen to go into labour I should try a natural birth and could always be sectioned if they feel a problem will occur once they see how things go with the labour.
I obviously want what's best for my baby and my daughter was in a terrible state after I had her. She need resuscitating and 2 weeks in nicu. I honestly don't think it's worth the risk! Especially as the same thing has happened twice already! And why should I have a try at a normal only for things to end in an emergency section? I have a gut feeling if I try a normal delivery history will repeat itself and then I will only have myself to blame!

I had an appointment today with a consultant and she has really confused me! Up until now they have been adamant that I should have a section due to shoulder dystocia in my 2 previous deliveries. Then today she said if I happen to go into labour I should try a natural birth and could always be sectioned if they feel a problem will occur once they see how things go with the labour.
I obviously want what's best for my baby and my daughter was in a terrible state after I had her. She need resuscitating and 2 weeks in nicu. I honestly don't think it's worth the risk! Especially as the same thing has happened twice already! And why should I have a try at a normal only for things to end in an emergency section? I have a gut feeling if I try a normal delivery history will repeat itself and then I will only have myself to blame!

Forgive me if I seem nosey, but what position were you in during your first two labours? If you're on your back or laid back, you'll have way less space to push baby out, but that's the normal position for people in the US and anyone who has an epidural earlier in labour unfortunately. Hands and knees or squatting are the two best positions to keep baby's shoulders from getting stuck, as it opens your pelvis fully and your tailbone can move out of the way as needed.

I was on my knees and baby's head and shoulders were stuck. Had to go on my back for the kiwi delivery as I couldn't manage pushing by myself any more.

Forgive me if I seem nosey, but what position were you in during your first two labours? If you're on your back or laid back, you'll have way less space to push baby out, but that's the normal position for people in the US and anyone who has an epidural earlier in labour unfortunately. Hands and knees or squatting are the two best positions to keep baby's shoulders from getting stuck, as it opens your pelvis fully and your tailbone can move out of the way as needed.

I was on my knees holding onto the back of the bed the first time and the second time they wouldn't let me get off my back (can't remember why) Both where induction as well which is apparently a big risk factor.

What is kiwi delivery?

Apparently a common term for ventouse. I hadn't heard of it either, but kiwi is the term used all over my notes. I needed it as baby's head was off to the left and not progressing.

What is kiwi delivery?

Im pretty sure it is another name for a ventouse/suction cup assisted delivery(?) :)

Go with what you feel is best, jade... can you press for a scheduled c/s?

They said I can request the section if I go in early and the decision will be up to whoever is in charge when I'm there. So who knows haha

How annoying that they are moving the goal posts! Think it through and then advocate for what you want when the time comes :flower: if it is a c/s and you explain what happened with your first two, I would hope they would listen to your opinion. with that being said... Not sure if things just work differently in the middle east?! Did you also have your other two over there?

What is kiwi delivery?

Im pretty sure it is another name for a ventouse/suction cup assisted delivery(?) :)

They said I can request the section if I go in early and the decision will be up to whoever is in charge when I'm there. So who knows haha

How annoying that they are moving the goal posts! Think it through and then advocate for what you want when the time comes :flower: if it is a c/s and you explain what happened with your first two, I would hope they would listen to your opinion. with that being said... Not sure if things just work differently in the middle east?! Did you also have your other two over there?

Yes I had my other two here, everything is very doctor orientated here, there are midwives and I was lucky enough Both times to have a midwife from the UK in the delivery room. The doctors are generally arabic and they have quite different views on how things are done compared to the two midwives I was with. The doctors here seem very willing to do whatever it takes to get you in out of there as fast as possible (I remember the MW getting really angry at the doctor for insisting I needed an episiotomy. Luckily I didn't have it) The hospitals here are also run as businesses big time! The more medicine/ surgery/ time needed equals $$

What is kiwi delivery?

Yes I had my other two here, everything is very doctor orientated here, there are midwives and I was lucky enough Both times to have a midwife from the UK in the delivery room. The doctors are generally arabic and they have quite different views on how things are done compared to the two midwives I was with. The doctors here seem very willing to do whatever it takes to get you in out of there as fast as possible (I remember the MW getting really angry at the doctor for insisting I needed an episiotomy. Luckily I didn't have it) The hospitals here are also run as businesses big time! The more medicine/ surgery/ time needed equals $$

Amazing how different these set ups are... I am confident our hospital is a good one, but it doesn't have a lot of the features my sil's did in Australia! if it is a c/s you want(? ...just thinking it sounds like that is what you are saying!), then at least from what you say they are keen to do surgery.

Yes hopefully I will get it ��I am not sure they can say no as it's for a valid medical reason!

Oh gosh Jade, I'd really want a section in your position too! I hope it all works out!

Good luck with the delivery either way jade, it must be hard going in with the emotional baggage of what happened to your daughter, very scary :(

Just looking at the Facebook group and it looks like we had THREE new babies delivered yesterday!!?

I think.. Leamarasmall, mommy2missR and babymamaagain - hope I got those right, congratulations ladies!

Awwwww congrats to the new mummies!! I'm sad that we don't get to see the updates here for those of us who aren't in the Facebook group though. Are there any more details? Names/weights/photos??

Ya, I don't really want to add the Facebook group...I kind of like the confidentiality bnb has....

I hope you get the delivery you want Jade! That seems kind of silly why your Dr would change the plan on you like that :(

I'm getting days closer to my scheduled induction...which I'm not happy about...I've been doing everything to try and induce naturally! I am finding nipple stimulation has a little effect. One day I did it for over 2 hours and self expressed some colostrum too...that night I lost a fairly good size piece of mucous plug.
I've now had acupuncture two days in a row and have "seeds" taped in my ears to rub also. I have another session tomorrow....I don't even know if my insurance covers acupuncture! But I don't care!
I lost little bits of plug last night and was having contractions every 10 minutes from 6pm-11pm. But having nothing today...except one big one during my NST.
If my cervix is "unfavourable" on the 28th they are going to start with cervidil. Which I'm OK with....but if my cervix is favourable I want to ask if I can just get a sweep and wait a few more days (since the cervidil would take up that time anyways).
I've read not to allow my waters to be broken induction or not. So I'm going to see if they listen to that....
Fx'd we all get healthy and happy babies, and deliveries...

Ya, I don't really want to add the Facebook group...I kind of like the confidentiality bnb has....

I hope you get the delivery you want Jade! That seems kind of silly why your Dr would change the plan on you like that :(

I'm getting days closer to my scheduled induction...which I'm not happy about...I've been doing everything to try and induce naturally! I am finding nipple stimulation has a little effect. One day I did it for over 2 hours and self expressed some colostrum too...that night I lost a fairly good size piece of mucous plug.
I've now had acupuncture two days in a row and have "seeds" taped in my ears to rub also. I have another session tomorrow....I don't even know if my insurance covers acupuncture! But I don't care!
I lost little bits of plug last night and was having contractions every 10 minutes from 6pm-11pm. But having nothing today...except one big one during my NST.
If my cervix is "unfavourable" on the 28th they are going to start with cervidil. Which I'm OK with....but if my cervix is favourable I want to ask if I can just get a sweep and wait a few more days (since the cervidil would take up that time anyways).
I've read not to allow my waters to be broken induction or not. So I'm going to see if they listen to that....
Fx'd we all get healthy and happy babies, and deliveries...

I agree... I like the anonymity of BnB.

Why have you been told not to have your waters broken? (Just curious... Is it to do with risk of infection?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->