FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I didn't have an internal examination until I was in hospital, in labour and they wanted to know how dilated I was.

In the uk it is unusual to have an internal exam untill after labour has begun as they belive lots of exams increase the risj of infection.

stop talking about cooking I havent had a cooker since 5th of jan and its looking like another 4 weeks before I will get one anyone got microwave cooking tips lol

I haven't ha an internal and I think I don't want one here they just ask you if you want a sweep or check to see if anythings happening if you don't ask or they don't ask they don't do it which is fine by me lol!

well ive a full blown cold but at least Im feeling a little better than yesterday think I sweated it out last night during the night thank god my ds slept well last night hes had a bad cough for a few days and been keeping him up at night hopefully its starting to lift.

I think I'd have to buy a slow cooker if all I had was a microwave and probably a 2 ring camping stove!
Poor ds has a really bad cold and is off preschool, my throat and ears feel awful.
Dh is in bed after a night shift and we have work on a water pipe right outside, someone fixing a stone wall over the road and someone out to the side doing noisiest building work ever. Oh dear!
I really want to do not much today but have to go to the bank and sort out transfers for dh suppliers and payroll.
Tomorrow I thankfully have a hair appointment after not getting it done since I was 4 weeks pregnant - so excited about that.
I am struggling to get on the computer to update the first post - I'm so sorry ladies!
Xx

I've been walking pretty much constantly for the last 2 days and now I'm suffering. I have non existent ankles, my back is killing, I feel exhausted and I've woken up with a sore throat :( I think all of the walking is getting baby into position though because I'm only feeling prods and stretches low down and in my ribs instead of her wriggling around like crazy all over my belly.

Captain I've been doing the same the last couple of weeks, I usually spend hours cooking in the kitchen but I just can't seem to handle it at the moment.

For those of you having a water birth, do you plan on wearing anything in the water? Mines going to be in a birth centre and although I probably won't care when it comes to it, I don't know whether to buy a bikini top or something just to cover my top bits. I can be quite insecure so I'd rather have something to put on just in case I do feel uncomfortable.

xx

Pens I have a maternity tankini that I wore with ds during labour in the pool and I'll wear the same this time. I was naked for part of labour too and I really didn't care in the slightest.
You could wear a soft bra, bikini top, light vest top - anything fitted that isn't going to annoy you by getting heavy or floating around. Xx

I was in the water with DD, and I wore a tankini top which was ideal as it wasn't annoying and it also covered my top half!

Don't be silly, I have toned down the cooking recently, all of our roast dinners recently have had frozen roast potatoes and frozen veg to accompany the meat.

I have batch cooked a couple of things and made up my own ready meals for when the baby is here but really could have done with doing more and earlier. I wasn't going to do it at all but knew I'd feel guilty at feeding DS rubbish food, at least first time around it doesn't matter what you feed yourself and DH but DS can't eat junk every day.

I am meal planning really easy stuff right now that requires very little preparation as I can't be doing with standing in a hot kitchen. I just wish DS enjoyed stir frys.

xx

I wish I could make up a few batches to keep in the freezer but ours is so small there's not enough room!

Edit: Another announcement over Facebook this morning.. Milosmommy7 has had a beautiful baby boy! Little Oliver Richard had some trouble breathing but only spent a couple of hours in nicu before being back with his parents and is doing okay :)

Pens, I also wore a tankini top last time and I plan to this time as well.

Acupuncture this morning for cervical ripening! I'm sort of nervous for some reason...

Milosmommy7, congrats! Cute pictures on FB. I'm having a hard time correlating the real names with people on here though!

I packed a sports bra and bikini bottoms for myself for the shower at the hospital, and board shorts for my husband.

Congrats milosmummy!!!

Had my 36 week midwife appointment, all looks well! Next time I see my midwife is at 39 weeks, 2 days before my c-section, to do my pre-op appointment! Getting very close now! Now to pray I don't go into labour early :haha:

Can't believe the rest of us who haven't had our bubbas yet are so close. I've got my last midwife appointment tomorrow. Feels so weird that this time next week I'll have my baby boy. Can't wait to see DS1 face when he meets his brother for the first time :)

Ah yeah I suppose I should think about buying DH/finding his swimmers if he intends to come in with me at any point.

Captain I luckily have a small chest freezer plus a fridge freezer - somehow I still don't have enough room.

xx

Its hard to belife were a feb group with so many jan babies I ran back to my car after oicking my 4 yo up from school so hoping for some action on the baby front lol

I've been MiA lately because I had my baby boy yesterday!

I went into labor in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I labored for 28 hours and did get an epidural. Baby didn't tolerate the pitocin they used to try and get me further along. His heart rate kept dropping. They let me keep laboring without pit but I only got to a 5cm. So we ended up with a c section. It was not bad at all. Now we are recovering in the hospital until Friday and I'm taking advantage of the sweet nurses' help and a chance to rest. My sweet boy is amazing and we love him so much. He hasn't figured out nursing too well, but he will get there eventually. I will keep trying.

Hopefully you're all doing well in the home stretch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 17
Awwwww congratulations imphope, and you look so happy and beautiful! And your little boy looks perfect. :hugs:

I've been MiA lately because I had my baby boy yesterday!

I went into labor in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I labored for 28 hours and did get an epidural. Baby didn't tolerate the pitocin they used to try and get me further along. His heart rate kept dropping. They let me keep laboring without pit but I only got to a 5cm. So we ended up with a c section. It was not bad at all. Now we are recovering in the hospital until Friday and I'm taking advantage of the sweet nurses' help and a chance to rest. My sweet boy is amazing and we love him so much. He hasn't figured out nursing too well, but he will get there eventually. I will keep trying.

Hopefully you're all doing well in the home stretch.

Congratulations, he's beautiful xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"