FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Man, I have two wriggly little children in there this morning! My belly is warping all over the place. I think they are excited because we have an induction date! February 15th at 9am, when I'll be 38+5. If I make it that far!!

congratulations imphope xx

Melly yay for a date!! I hope you make it that far!! Surgeon told my DH that if i hadn't of had my section when i did i wouldn't have made it past the weekend anyway! Apparently i was fit to bursting and absolutely no room left for growing (hence why there is only 26 seconds between mine lol)

I mean to mention... apparently (i have no idea how or when this happened) according to the staff who examined my placenta (which had fused and become one very large one) at some point my waters had broken previously without my knowledge, and the sac had reformed around both babies - so i started out with 2 placentas and 2 sacs and by delivery i had one placenta and one sac with another sac inside it! When they broke Twin 1's sac Twin 2 was in a sac inside it! I think this is where the growth problems and the high fluid issue came from! Like i say, i had no idea this was even possible, but this is what they said while i was in theatre. So i'm very lucky to still have both my beautiful boys to take home xx

had 36 week appointment toda all is going well, c section is booked for the 18th feb unless I go into labour before then :D

Congratulations, imphope! :) beautiful!!

Wow, shells. Crazy that that is even possible! So great that your body could adjust and keep your boys safe.

Wow shells, that's incredible! It's amazing what the human body can do. How are you and the boys doing??

We're doing great :) I'm very blessed with two beautiful, perfect little boys who eat, sleep and poop... and repeat lol **touch wood** They are on the same schedule give or take half an hour. They are very calm and placid and only make a noise to wake me up in the night to feed them lol

They have gained weight like champs since coming home!! Back up to birth weight now. We are breastfeeding with a formula top up as per pediatricians instructions (since 3 days old), to flush out the jaundice toxins and get them the calories they needed to get them back up to birth weight which was achieved today!! Ollie stopped BF he was too weak (it was scary how weak he was) but he's back at the breast like a champ now, sometimes for 5 minutes sometimes for 20 minutes, never forgot how to latch, my little hero! Breast and formula feeding is actually working out really well for us, Daddy has been able to get involved with feeding and it gets the job done a bit quicker with 2 of us. Tandam feeding is only just starting to become possible now Ollie is stronger but it's tricky trying to get two to latch on the feeding cushion at the same time on my own lol

Congrats imphope! You both look beautiful.

That's amazing shells. So glad your boys are doing great.

Great to hear about the BF success shells, I am hoping my experience goes as well! At my 'breastfeeding multiples' class they had us practice tandem feeding with two dolls and it did seem very awkward!

congratulations imphope xx

Melly yay for a date!! I hope you make it that far!! Surgeon told my DH that if i hadn't of had my section when i did i wouldn't have made it past the weekend anyway! Apparently i was fit to bursting and absolutely no room left for growing (hence why there is only 26 seconds between mine lol)

I mean to mention... apparently (i have no idea how or when this happened) according to the staff who examined my placenta (which had fused and become one very large one) at some point my waters had broken previously without my knowledge, and the sac had reformed around both babies - so i started out with 2 placentas and 2 sacs and by delivery i had one placenta and one sac with another sac inside it! When they broke Twin 1's sac Twin 2 was in a sac inside it! I think this is where the growth problems and the high fluid issue came from! Like i say, i had no idea this was even possible, but this is what they said while i was in theatre. So i'm very lucky to still have both my beautiful boys to take home xx

just saw this now that's crazy amazing how the body knows to keep little ones safe :)

congrats imphope!

Congrats imp!!!!!

Shells that's terrifying but I'm so glad they're both here and ok :)

Congrats to everyone with dates :)

Congratulations imphope! I get confused with the time differences but my birthday is 26 January (yesterday to me!) - is that the day your baby was born? I was quite disappointed when I thought I didn't share it with any bubbas from this group so I'll be over the moon to share with your beautiful bundle! Hope you're feeling well after the surgery.

I'm a bit nervous at the moment because I have my 36 week appt on Thursday and we're forecast snow Wednesday night through to Thursday morning. I live in a village where the roads are never cleared and it's horrible trying to get out when it snows so I hope I can make it! I want to hire my TENS machine and am hoping to need it before my 38 week appt!!

Glad things are still going well Shells and great to see you have a date Melly! Hope everyone else is well x

Imphope - Congrats! I hope everyone is settling in nicely.

Melly - Hooray for an induction date!

Shells - That is crazy about the placentas. Glad you are all doing well and figuring things out.

I just had my 38 week check-up. Still dilated 1 cm. Nothing too exciting. I'm pretty sure little miss will be a Feb baby. I think she's super cozy in there. Kicks are getting harder and my ribs on the right side are always so sore.

imphope - Congratulations!!

Shells - Crazy story, two little miracles! So glad to hear they're both doing so well!

Melly - Congratulations on getting a date, that's the day before my due date!!

MiniBump - Happy birthday for yesterday!

So many January babies!!

Ah well, I'm being sent off to the hospital for monitoring. My OB called - the creatinine is a bit high and the platelets are a bit low, and it might be a false alarm or it might be the start of something more serious. So, we'll grab the bags and head to L&D to keep an eye on them. 36 weeks on the dot! Cheeky little buggers. :lol:

Just being monitored for a few hours, but it looks like all the numbers are returning to normal ranges so I'm expecting them to send us home soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->