FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Oh Melly i hope it comes in soon! I delivered on Wednesday afternoon and had my milk in by Friday evening. I still had to top up (and continue to do so as it works for us) with formula to build their weights back up because the jaundice just zapped them of all energy for feeding and i needed them to eat more to flush the toxins out!

It can take 2-5 days Melly and can be gradual - it doesn't always result in 'Dolly Parton' boobs. Just do plenty of skin to skin, massage and feeding. Try hand-expression with massage or, if you're still in hospital, ask to borrow the pump (or use your own) for between feeds and, possibly, see the lactation consultant if there is one just to check the babies are latching on well.

Congrats Wnt2beAMom!!

Wnt2beAMom, little Trevor is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone experiencing symptoms!

Megamegan, I'm with you, not due till the 27th but have my c section scheduled for 24th and no signs of her coming early.

Melly, they told me it could take 2-5 days for the milk to come in. Just keep breastfeeding/pumping. I was pumping every 2 hours those first two days to get my supply going. Lots of skin to skin is good too. They told me to pump right after I did skin to skin with the babies. Try your best not to stress and also try to get as much rest as possible - that is what I was told was best for milk supply.

Does anyone exclusively pump here? Unfortunately since mine were born so early I have to fortify my breastmilk and make it 24 calories instead of the normal 20 calories that breastmilk usually is. I am glad that I can still give them breastmilk even if I can't exclusively breastfeed.

Melly, I don't know if anyone has told you but magnesium sulphate delays milk coming in. I had to be on it 72hrs during and after ds1 and my milk took every bit of 6 days to come in. Don't worry it should be in tomorrow.

Congratulations Raspberry and Want2bemom. Gorgeous pics of the twins. I'm still here. 11 days till due date. Can barely walk. Latest I'll go is 23rd feb as have c section booked for then if
Nothing happens! X

Ahhhh TTC, no one had mentioned that. I was on the drip for about that long.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! It's hard to pump lots AND rest lots. :lol: I will increase my pumping today.

Mine didn't come in until early hours of Fri and ds was born early hours the previous Sunday.
This time around I can tell it's already started at less than 48 hours.
Xx

I shall probably be one of the last ones here. Baby number 3 and my other two were 13 days late and 9 days Late So jealous of all u lovely ladies who have had your babies I want to meet mine now.

Melly, I remembered one more thing that really worked for me. When I pumped I sat next to one of the twins (or look at a picture)...I really think that helped me the first few days and I produced a lot more milk when I did that. Enjoy your twins!

Savvy i had to add 'top ups' to our feeds to. The jaundice really took it's toll, especially on Oliver who was so weak we was unable to breast feed. Their weights dropped massively and under pediatrician care we were given a minimum amount each feed they had to take. I still do a mixture of breast and formula because it works for us, made daddy feel more involved being able to do the top ups. oliver went back to the breast no problem, and so far we have not had any issues over nipple and bottle confusion :thumbup:

Good question Melly. And I didn't know that about the magnesium sulphate. I had to be on that for 24hrs after birth. No milk from me yet, and little Trev just had his first pink pee. He ate pretty much every hour last night...

Shells, I am glad that your boys are still able to nurse and didn't get nipple confusion. As much as I dislike pumping and mixing up "cocktails" (what I call their bottles)...I find it nice to have my husband feed them or my mom. It looks like they need the increased calories for at least another month or two.

My twins are 8 weeks old today! I can't believe it!

I had a bit of a dramatic doctors appointment today... I have what she has deemed "mild obstetric cholestasis". And we had scheduled an induction for Wednesday. Today she thought I looked good and we should wait another week to induce (aka go from 38-39 weeks). I was sort of nervous but won over in the appointment... but then got home and just felt like I had made a terrible decision. All of my intuition was screaming to have the baby sooner rather than later.

I called back and was terrified she wouldn't move the date back. But, thankfully I have a wonderful doctor who listened and let me go back to this week. I am kind of nervous about the induction, but I just feel like the risks of waiting outweigh the benefits. I also feel like OC puts all the risks onto the baby vs. Induction mostly introducing risks to me. So, 26 hours and I will be checking into hospital. Eep.

The day has finally arrived!! C-section day :)

Have to go in for 7.30am and I'm 1st, 2nd or 3rd depending if there's emergencies etc. Hopefully will have my boy by 12pm today x

Good luck shamz! Hope they don't keep you waiting too long!

Best of luck Shamz!!

I'm 37 weeks today; 2 weeks and 2 days to go for me! :happydance:

Good luck to everyone having a section or induction this week . I really want baby to come noe I have mw at 11am and a scan on thurs in the ideal world bsby will come today or thues st the latest or wait til sun or mon after my dd birthday, she told me she doesnt want a baby for her birthday lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->