FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks for the reassurance ladies! Just got back from the Dr's and he said just as much, he said he could check me if it would put me at ease but I didn't feel the need to. He poked and prodded pretty hard to figure out her positioning and now I think I'm getting payback for it, I feel like she's in there going "let's see if you like it" she's so active :haha:

After 37 weeks, the increasing pain with contractions is totally normal and a good sign that your cervix is preparing. This is because a ton of oxytocin receptor sites on your uterus form and open up near the end of pregnancy, so it becomes easier and easier for BHs to trigger and be stronger as well. It's great for toning your uterus and making little changes in your cervix (effacing, thinning, some dilating), so keep an eye on them for consistency and a building of strength, but don't get excited every time it starts happening. :haha:

I had a good appointment today! Apparently baby dropped and is fully engaged! I measured 37 weeks last Thursday, but today I measured 35, which was hilarious. She almost couldn't find the baby's head since it's so low in my pelvis! Ahh, if only that meant labour was just around the corner.

Haha, Feronia, at my last growth scan the technician was like 'Here's her heart... Where's her head??'

Baby is here! :) :) :) :) :)

My induction took 24 from start to finish, and we were lucky to have such wonderful care. She had drops in her heart tones after contractions and was getting very tired when it was at the end of pushing, so we ended up needing forceps and then she came out with the cord around her neck twice... So, so thankful for wonderful medical care and our gorgeous baby girl. they handled everything perfectly and even kept me of all people calm through it all.

Can't get enough of seeing her twitches and movements that I know I felt in utero. :)

For any other first timers still waiting... it really wasn't that bad. It was all quite surreal. My only tip is to let yourself decide how to do things in the moment. I had originally wanted no epidural... that went out the window after 12 sleepless (overnight) hours of contractions, and I in no way regret changing my mind. :flower:

Can't wait to see who is next. Thank you ladies for being such wonderful people to share this journey with :) :) :)

Congratulations on Sloane's arrival!!! It sounds like you handled it so well, given how it went. Big hugs!!

Congratulations surprisebub.

I'd agree that changing from your plan in the moment is fine. I did! You have to go with how you feel in the moment.

Congrats Surprisebub! Glad everyone is doing well. Its so cool comparing the movements to what was felt in utero! And like you said a plan is made to be adjustable in the moment :)

Thanks Melly....I am hoping to get him weighed tomorrow...well today really..haha its 1:50am here right now. I think all is good...he is a very strong efficient sucker but falls asleep..so I'm just getting used to having to relatch him a bunch before he is actually full.....but Oh! My boobs!! Haha they haven't ever been too full or hard for him to latch...just feel so full to me...just something to get used to I think.....

Congratulations surprise!

Midwife appointment today, I'm hoping she'll tell me she's engaging, she was on the brim a couple of weeks ago and I've had tonnes of pains so I'm hoping something has progressed!

Congrats Surprisebub!!!! It's the most amazing experience! Enjoy your sweet baby girl! Can't wait for pictures.

Congrats surprise! Were on our way to the hospital to have our baby! 4 hrs or so and baby will be here :)

Ahhh so exciting, cckarting!!! Best of luck :)

Thanks for the congratulations, ladies. Absolutely on cloud 9. :) I will get a picture in the next couple of days for sure!

Congrats Surprise!!

Good luck cckarting!

Anyone else? It is getting exciting around here!

Congratulations surprise!! And best of luck cck!

2 weeks today and it shall be my turn!! :happydance:

Congrats Surprise!!! Woohoo!

Cckarting good luck! I'm sure it will go great!

Congrats surprise :) :) :) Love the name Sloane by the way :)

Good luck cck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->