FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Congratulations ladies on your new arrivals :) xx

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about BF, absolutely 100% a personal choice, but While me and my little ones were learning how to latch (both with tongue ties!), my nipples became so sore, cracked and bleeding... and if it hadn't been for this gel i would likely have given up, the pain was horrific - the hospital had samples of this for me to use, this one is not a gimmick, it really really works!! https://www.mothercare.com/Lansinoh-HPA®-Lanolin-Nipple-Cream-40ml/487436,default,pd.html

Honestly saved me from giving up and i'm so glad i persevered because now it's the best feeling in the world. So if you are a first timer and thinking fo BF i recommend that, regardless of the price, you get that gel and apply it after every feed! No need to wash it off, it's fab!

I have heard wonders about that cream shells, think I'm going to get some! I never BF my DD so the whole breastfeeding thing is going to be new to me.

That's the same stuff they sent me home with, shells! It does seem to help.

I have a different spin on breastfeeding since I wasn't able to and am still not really able to breastfeed my twins. I had my mind made up throughout my pregnancy to only breastfeed....no bottles/no pacifiers...well that didn't happen when I had them two months early. I was forced to pump and tube/bottle feed the girls. Even now I am forced to bottle feed them because of their low birth weights they need to have something added to my breastmilk to make it higher in calories. I can breastfeed them if I wish, but I still need to make sure they reach their feed goal each day so that they continue to properly gain weight. So I am pumping to provide milk. I could just give them formula, but to me giving them breastmilk is very important so I would rather pump 8x a day. It is tiring and hard to do but to me it is well worth it. I think every mother can choose what is best in her situation, breastfeeding/pumping isn't for everyone. I will say that I do have to supplement with a bit of formula a day since I do not produce enough milk for both twins. I usually need about 2 bottles of formula a day. There is nothing wrong with formula either!

Pumping is just another option for those who are unable to breastfeed. I usually pump while feeding one twin with a bottle and my husband feeds the other twin. Whatever you choose, know that you are doing what is right for your family and that is all that matters! Take care of yourself and snuggle with your new baby!

Pumping is such hard work, props to you ladies for persevering through that. :flower:

Congrats to everyone who has had babies in the past few days! I haven't kept up as much since DD has been sick and I had a migraine for 24 hours, but yay -- so exciting to see so many babies coming!

Congrats, MrsPoodle!!

I'm starting to feel like one of the few that is still pregnant, and we're not even halfway through Feb.

Congratulations to all the new babies that have arrived!

I'm still here, full term today. So happy to get here!

Im still here, full term today too. Got regular tightenings last night that started to become painful but stopped once i had a bath. Really need this one to arrive now, got my c section booked for 24th but cant wait that long! My 2 year old must sense that things are about to change because he has turned into a monster! Screaming and winging constantly, always being naughty and wont listen to me, doesnt want to know me if daddys around and daddy cant go anywhere without him! Hes wearing us both out physically and mentally.

Im still here. 39 weeks today and no signs. I am absolutely exhausted and feeling guilty on DS1 as I am so crabby and can hardly do anything with him. :(

Shells - Was glad to see the cream in your link was the same stuff I'd already bought! I've had sensitive/sore nipples all through the pregnancy so I picked up that cream a couple of weeks a go and use it after every shower. I'm already seeing/feeling a difference so hopefully it makes a difference when it comes time to breastfeed.

Thanks for all the messages of reassurance about DH, I do feel a bit better after having my little pity party last night! They had a ton of more snow last night but the storm should be rolling out this evening and it should be warming up throughout the week there. First he gets hospitalized then get snowed in due to a storm..I wonder what else the world wants to throw at me before this baby arrives :haha:

Oh, and congratulations to everyone who's had babies this week.. it was a busy one and hard to keep up with!!

Glad to see that there are some of us still waiting together. I hate the idea of going over my due date, but I have a feeling that this baby is bound and determined to pick her own birthday.

My belly button 'popped' today! It never did at all with DD. It looks so weird! :haha:

Well its dd1s 5th birthday on sunday her party is tomorrow so will have ten kids round my new house whivh is still full of hodes im having pains tojihht and lots of mogement dd realy doesnt want to share her hirthday so I uope baby stsys put till monday

I'm also still around, 37+3 today. My doctor says I'm 50% effaced and not dilated yet. But she says she's pretty darn sure he's atleast 8 lbs in there right now (scan measured 9 lbs 3 oz) and said she'd be happy to see him come any day. She wants me to do another scan at 39 weeks to see if he's grown substantially, and if so, she wants me to consider scheduling a c-section. I'm extremely reluctant to just schedule a c-section, so I'm going to continue with trying to help things along with nipple stimulation, clary sage oil, bouncing on the ball, and sex. And I'm going to be doing my hypnosis and relaxation to envision the contractions beginning and I also hear tension can prevent labor from starting- well lord knows I am a tense person so I need to really try to chill out.

Loving the Facebook page, it makes things ten times easier to keep up with people and check during the day when I can't get to my computer :)

For those of you worried about having big babies -- big babies can and are born vaginally all the time! Most of the time if your body makes a baby that big, it can birth a baby that big (aside from structural complications or things like GD).

Just today in the maternity care discussion group I'm in, an OB announced that a client of his birthed a 12lb, 13oz baby vaginally at 42+6 weeks!!

Sending lots of sympathetic hugs out to everyone waiting on their bubbas. I hope they all come on convenient dates for themselves and for you!

I know I've not been saying much but I'm backing up Feronia here, do not worry about Birthing a big baby, my 10lb3oz baby came out just fine and 7lb13oz baby was not any easier and was actually more painful.
Xx

Same here- big hugs to everyone still excitedly awaiting! The only thing I think i missed being induced was that excitement of "I think it is time!" Hoping you all get those perfect moments.

I really feel that mother knows best, so stick to your guns if you feel you know what is right, megan. :hugs: the only thing re: size I would seriously consider is whether I would prefer potential forceps/vacuum or a c/s. I think a big baby makes all of those more likely (more likely of course doesn't mean will happen!) I was hovering in emergency c/s territory because of baby's heart rate. In the end they did forceps to get her out quickly and in that sense I regret nothing. I do wonder what I would have chosen if I had known it was likely to be forceps or a c/s. As always there are pros and cons to both. I guess the one thing is booking a c/s = definite c/s vs a maybe assisted delivery. Just a thought. Hopefully none of this comes up for you.

Thanks for all the congrats, ladies. We had a rough night last night... but i can't be anything but happy when I see that little face! Will try and post a pic. :)

I have an embarrassing question- for those on a second baby/already delivered... did you pee yourself after delivery? I can't really tell what is happening, but think I might be involuntarily leaking urine. My dr thinks it is just temporary, but I am obviously none too pleased! Just wondering if it happened to you and if so, for how long? Are you/did you do anything to help fix it? I am doing mini kegels for the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->