FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Oh yeah, the first few days I was leaking. Now it has sorted itself out.

SurpriseBub, it sounds like you have a uterine or bladder prolapse, which is linked to forceps delivery. You should definitely see a pelvic floor physio because leaking urine isn't normal, and a physio can as assess you and help you fix it! :flower:

If you want to avoid the chances of forceps and vacuum delivery, there are some definite things you can do. Avoiding an epidural and remaining active and upright are the biggest things, moreso than worrying about the size of your baby.

Hey everyone :) Cheering for everyone waiting for their little ones!!!! :)

Holy moly an almost 13lb baby??? Yikes!!!! :)

How is nursing going for those who have chosen that route? We are having lots of difficulties here but trying to power through. I won't give up! A question though... with my first, I could always feel my letdown. It didn't hurt and was almost pleasant. This time my letdown has gotten increasingly more painful. It feels like shards of glass trying to rip through my.entire chest down to my ribs and arm pits. It goes away but it happens multiple times during a feeding, multiple times during pumping, and whenever I think of baby, or either of my ds cry! I literally want to scream it hurts so bad. I've googled and it suggested mastitis but I have no fever at all and no plugged ducts, no lingering pain. When letdown stops, it's done. Any thoughts?

Surprisebub I had the urine problem after my baby! I actually full on wet myself a few times in the hospital (embarassing) but after a few days I was fine.

Still very much pregnant here.
Officially 38 weeks since it's after midnight here. :)
DH and I's parents are down visiting for The weekend. I really wish Brecken would make an appearance. Can't wait to meet my baby boy.

Bouncey I am also having a lot of discharge watery/creamy at times. Haven't lost any plug yet. Having period like cramps off and on, lightening, and BH are a lot more uncomfortable now. I have an appt on Monday. Anxious to see if I have made any progress.

^ thanks hun im in Tuesday for my check up but they don't check you here unless you ask for a sweep, im getting a csection but secretly hoping I can go into labour myself and baby isn't too big like last time and have him myself.....wishful thinking!!

good luck with your appointment and enjoy the weekend with the parents :)

Ladies worried about birthing a big baby... did you see the news today?? A lady who didn't know she was pregnant until 35 weeks has given birth vaginally to a 14lb 1oz baby boy!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-trimester-giver-birth-14-POUND-baby-boy.html

So quick update from me, im 38 weeks today, saw Dr's yesterday and i was 1cm but cervix still quite hard. She gave me a sweep and to be honest it was actually ok and did not hurt at all which i was surprised about. The plan is to assess me again on Monday with a view to inducing me early so yeehaa. But have definitely just lost my plug a few minutes ago so things could be happening all by themselves!!!! Mum is flying up tomorrow so lets hope i can keep my legs crossed til she arrives as i really want her and dh with me.

So excited 😀😊😂😀

Congratulations to everyone that's had their babies and good luck to those who will be soon. It's all been a bit manic on here so I've lost track on what's going on!

I survived a birthday party for my dd and 13 others without going into labour now I just have to relax and wait for baby stress does not cover how I feel rightnow

I was going to start drinking red raspberry leaf tea but I couldn't find any in the shops near me so now I'm looking at evening primrose oil capsules.
Is it too late for me to start taking them to have a good effect? I'll be 38 weeks on Monday and worry I've left it a bit late. I don't really want to insert them vaginally, will that make a major difference if I just swallow them? And what MG capsules do I buy and how many do I take a day?
Sorry for all of the questions, I don't have a clue!

I was going to start drinking red raspberry leaf tea but I couldn't find any in the shops near me so now I'm looking at evening primrose oil capsules.
Is it too late for me to start taking them to have a good effect? I'll be 38 weeks on Monday and worry I've left it a bit late. I don't really want to insert them vaginally, will that make a major difference if I just swallow them? And what MG capsules do I buy and how many do I take a day?

I was going to look into the evening primrose oil, but got scared off by reading up on them...this in particular is the link that put me off:
https://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/

So don't let my fear scare you off... but just wanted to share! It seems some midwives recommend them, some dont. Can you call your dr or midwife to see what they think? I would guess they would know suggested dosage etc if they are happy to give the go ahead!

I was going to look into the evening primrose oil, but got scared off by reading up on them...this in particular is the link that put me off:
https://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/

So don't let my fear scare you off... but just wanted to share! It seems some midwives recommend them, some dont. Can you call your dr or midwife to see what they think? I would guess they would know suggested dosage etc if they are happy to give the go ahead!

Thanks Surprise, I'm gonna look into a bit more and I'll text my midwife and see what she suggests! x

Thanks for the post partum Urine feedback, ladies. (Such glamour!)

I think this article summed up what I think is happening: https://www.babycenter.com/body-changes-after-childbirth#articlesection3

(in case anyone else is in the same boat and worried!)

I will keep an eye out for anything serious... but i think it is already quite a lot better as swelling etc goes down. The Dr talked me through delivery the following day, and the way the forceps were used meant little danger of damage to other organs. (I didn't even tear!) Nobody goes in hoping for forceps, but it happened and I am fine with that... I would choose forceps over baby's heart rate dropping every time!

Thanks Surprise, I'm gonna look into a bit more and I'll text my midwife and see what she suggests! x

I asked my obstetrician about epo and she said that they don't advise it, but thats just mine. I brought some but wont take it now xxx

Surprise, mine is already much better/basically gone.

38 weeks today. No baby yet. I went on a long walk today. The weather was beautiful. I was basically on my feet all day, I ate spicy food, and DTD tonight. Wish my baby boy would come! My in laws are here. It would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->