FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

congrats shey!

Captain - happy due date :)

Feronia - hopefully soon!

At appt today, cervix soft and closed, so she massaged it a bit to maybe help. His head is engaged -2. She didn't think there was much fluid in there when she felt around, so we get an u/s sometime this week, maybe tomorrow to check on that.
I am just tired alot, still working this last week (from home). Baby is still moving around, but it is more nudges now than kicks.

Well I'm booked in and spending some cuddle time with my little boy before he goes home for the night csection in the morning all going well baby will be here by lunchtime😃

Sending positive labour vibes to everyone still waiting :hugs: I never got to the impatient stage with mine but I can certainly empathise with wanting to avoid an induction!

2nd sweep today. Absolute agony!! Cervix 75% effaced. Baby 2/5ths. Since having got bad backache and cramps. Losing browny red bits too.

Congrats Shey. Good luck with the section bounceyboo x

Ooh exciting EMY! I have my first sweep tomorrow at 41+1. I had 4 last time and none worked! But this is baby number 2 so maybe it'll work. I've had an upset stomach but no other signs.

Feronia I'm so sorry. How frustrating. I suppose I would rather have no contractions than painful ones which can't make their minds up. Good luck I hope next bout of contractions is the real thing!
Megamegan I had the worst cold ever overdue with my first. They brought my induction forward from 13days over to 10days over because of high blood pressure and on the day I said "I have to get over this cold first! " because I hadn't slept for two days and was miserable with it and the midwife just said you won't care. And to be fair I didn't notice it and it was gone after labour. The codeine they often give you in early labour before offering you stronger pain relief - whilst it doesn't take away labour pain - is enough to take away really horrid cold symptoms so I hope that reassures you. I was imagining not being able to breathe gas and air properly and being miserable from dealing with the cold but I honestly didn't notice it. Feel better soon anyway though:)

Good luck bounceyboo. I hope you have a great birth experience. Enjoy those big boy cuddles before the little one cuddles! :)

Ooh exciting EMY! I have my first sweep tomorrow at 41+1. I had 4 last time and none worked! But this is baby number 2 so maybe it'll work. I've had an upset stomach but no other signs.

Feronia I'm so sorry. How frustrating. I suppose I would rather have no contractions than painful ones which can't make their minds up. Good luck I hope next bout of contractions is the real thing!
Megamegan I had the worst cold ever overdue with my first. They brought my induction forward from 13days over to 10days over because of high blood pressure and on the day I said "I have to get over this cold first! " because I hadn't slept for two days and was miserable with it and the midwife just said you won't care. And to be fair I didn't notice it and it was gone after labour. The codeine they often give you in early labour before offering you stronger pain relief - whilst it doesn't take away labour pain - is enough to take away really horrid cold symptoms so I hope that reassures you. I was imagining not being able to breathe gas and air properly and being miserable from dealing with the cold but I honestly didn't notice it. Feel better soon anyway though:)

I hope your sweep works this time!!

I know if I have pain relief I won't really care about the cold symptoms much, BUT I'm going in with a plan to not take pain meds. And in the US they don't do gas and air, pretty sure they just go right to the epidural or spinal. Still, I'm trying my hardest to rest and load up on fluids and vitamins to get rid of this thing before it gets really nasty.

I have another growth scan tomorrow! Curious to see if they think he's enormous still. lol. More than that, I'm curious to see what he actually will weigh when he comes out!

Here's hoping there are some more babies in the next few days! :hugs: so sorry for those of you waiting and frustrated.

We saw the dr today- little lady isn't gaining much (and still quite a lot down on her birth weight). So, we are supplementing with bottles after every second feed. Hope she will have chubby legs in no time on this regime.

Surprise, we went through the same thing. I think my little one wasnt quite ready to come out! He would sleep long stretches like your little girl has done and was too sleepy to eat effectively.

Hang in there. If you can pump after feeds that will help your supply for when she no longer needs the supplement. I never actually supplemented with formula, but would offer a couple of oz in the bottle and it just made it easier for him to eat. Thankfully he's doing great now and your little girl will be just fine soon! Hugs :hugs: :)

Brooklynn May arrived on Valentine's Day after 30 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing. She was 8 lbs and 8 oz. We love her so much!

Thanks, ttc! :hugs: Great to hear that you had similar issues and are doing great. :) she is pretty strong (lifts her head and turns it when we do tummy time), certainly poops a lot etc... she just is gaining slowly. So here's hoping she will be chubby in no time with the extra food :)

Congratulations miss eyre!!! 30 hours... wowee! Hope you are resting up now :hugs:

Congratulations MissEyre!! Wonderful news, happy Valentine's Day indeed!

Megan, I had a couple of shots of morphine early in my labour (in a US hospital) for my pre-eclampsia headache so there's at least one option before epidural/spinal.

EMY, 75% effaced is great! I hope things move along soon.

Congratulations miss eyre!!!!!! :)

Melly, did the morphine make you crazy? Lol I felt soooo crazy on it!!!!

Aggggggh im still contracting but irregularly its so annoying having lots of show but I want labour

2nd time I am so sick of thinking this is it with the cramps and contractions too! I've resigned myself to the fact its a c section monday! :(

Ttc, I was already so groggy from the magnesium sulfate (pre-eclampsia meds) that I didn't notice any additional crazy from the morphine!

Congrats to all the new mamas!! Hang in there mamas who are still waiting xx

Congratulations Jade and Crysshey on the arrival of your beautiful bubbas xxx

Just in the waiting room before my sweep. Exciting stuff. I'm preparing for an afternoon of annoying cramps but no labour. I literally have no faith that it's going to work but ah well. I guess I'll ask the midwife if I'm dilated(don't seem to mention effacement as much here) and that might be an indicator. But at the same time they don't do standard examinations here either so I know other women can be 2cm for weeks without it meaning anything. Sigh....
EMYJC will they definitely go for a c-section for you and no induction of labour then? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->