FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

And congratulations miss eyre! I wondered if you'd gone into labour with how quiet you've been:) Happy Valentine's!! x

Congrats MissEyre! We were wondering if there were any Valentine's babies <3

Feronia I hope your labor picks up soon!! Must be torture to be in that in-between state. Any day, any hour now.

I feel like a pretty big wimp. I am not handling these final days well. I can't sleep- on top of being pregnant and peeing and all that, this cold is making me feel miserable, and I know I need rest but I can't get more than 30 minutes at a time! I dread the night time and each time I wake up I pray the sun will just rise so I can justify waking up and just being tired for the day. There is nothing in this world like sleep deprivation. And I expect I will be feeling this way for many months to come, which makes me sad, and makes me feel like a wimp. Rant complete. Thank you ladies for being here. No one IRL wants to hear me complain (not like you do either- lol) but it is nice to have an outlet.

Big hugs Megan. I was dreading bedtime by the end as well :(

Happy due date to me... :sleep::coffee:

I've been up since 3am super uncomfortable. I thought I might be going into labour again yesterday dealing with strong contractions for half the day, but nope. A strong acupuncture induction complete with TENS stimulation didn't work, and I think I've pretty much given up trying things. I'm just going to sit on my ass and wait.

Congrats miss eyre! So we did get a Valentine's baby after all!

No British mummy. My son came early as I had a big bleed and found to have an infection. They induced me as they found me to be 2cm dilated but he became distressed and I didn't progress past 4cm so ended with an emergency section. Both myself consultant don't feel it's worth the risk with scar rupture and history of going down induction route again. She's given me 10 days and the sweeps to see if my body will do it naturally this time. That's fair enough for me. I don't want
To be induced. Id rather he just gets here safely. Hope
Your sweep works x

Hmff. I'm long and posterior and not dilated. Bit of blood came out on her fingers but nothing doing and she wasn't hopeful. Oh well that's life. Booked for induction 8am on Sunday which is in some ways great because easy to organise childcare and no traffic on the way there. So I'll sit back and relax now. Overdue scmoverdue!

Boo- poor you, Megan! If it helps at all: I slept badly for the last two weeks and felt horrible at times with a number of physical things. Obviously giving birth brings new pains... But I instantly felt 100% better. All the things that had been there for the pregnancy went more or less instantly. And two weeks on from birth I feel great. So, even being up with the baby I feel physically better than I have in months. I hope you will experience the same :flower:

Being induced wasn't so bad, british mummy. The pitocin wasn't fun, but meh. I was 38 weeks and induced for medical reasons, so think I had quite high doses. Hopefully if you are close to labour anyway, you might need less meds to get/keep things going!

Congratulations MissEyre, I was hoping that someone would have a Valentines baby! What a lovely gift :hugs:

I hope you feel better soon MegaMegan, I had a really bad cold last week and was absolutely exhausted, physically and emotionally. I felt so bad I kept bursting into tears. Drink lots and lots of fluids! I'm also at that stage where I dread going to sleep, I wake up all through the night with major heartburn and from being uncomfortable.

xx

Things can change in moments british mummy. People can be 3cm
For weeks and nothing Happen and others can go from completely closed to established labour in hours. Least we should both have our babies by Monday!

Congratulations MissEyre! Yay that's made me happy to know we did get a Valentines baby here after all!

Anyone else starting to get suspicious when a regular poster goes quiet now? :haha:

I had an active day yesterday, a ton of BH, pressure, cramping, pains etc, still nothing to get excited over but the fact it's increasing by the day is keeping me in good spirits. Today is the day I picked for her arrival in the pool we did with friends so we'll see if I have some mothers intuition on my side!

Sending out big hugs to everyone who's still waiting :hugs:

Oh my miss eyre! She's beautiful!

Melly, I definitely sympathize with the craziness of magnesium sulphate! My first was also induced at 36 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. Luckily I didn't get it again this time ;)

Oh my goodness EMYJC completely understand after your first birth! I was just curious it seems different in different countries:) Definitely best to keep you and little one safe! Yes you're right we might be sharing birth dates!! :D that's so exciting :D I was induced on a Sunday with my first and she came Monday at 5am so I hopefully have a good chance if they're not too busy and kick me off promptly.
Thanks for all the support everyone:) I won't give up hope yet as you say things can change fast. She's beautiful miss Eyre you must be so proud:) x x x

She's cute, Miss Eyre! Congrats!

I asked my midwife for a sweep today since she's famous for sending women home and having them go into labour that night. :haha: She confirmed that I'm about 4.5 cm dilated, which makes me happy since that's what I thought! I'm so proud that I got that right! :D We'll see what happens though. I don't really have any hope though. We did have a depressing conversation about my options regarding going over 42 weeks. I need to look more into the evidence regarding non-stress tests and increased risks after a certain point. I already know I'll decline a medical induction, and she's totally fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->