FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Man alive, think we are on another growth spurt. Dd has fed every hour - 90mins since 8pm last night. I'm knackered! Think I earned the jam doughnut I just scoffed!

No experience Christina but congrats on the arrival of Holly-Marie!

Izzie, my twins were cluster feeding in tandem last night - between 2pm and 9pm I didn't go more than 45 minutes without someone (or the pump) on the boob!! I was so tired by the end.

No experience Christina but congrats on the arrival of Holly-Marie!

Izzie, my twins were cluster feeding in tandem last night - between 2pm and 9pm I didn't go more than 45 minutes without someone (or the pump) on the boob!! I was so tired by the end.

Wow. I find the cluster feeding hard enough with one! Hats off to you.:happydance:

Had a eventful day went to the midwife for a sweep to be told they think baby is breech spent afternoon down the hospital he is breech which means I have a chat section booked for tomorrow morning all a bit of a shock and not at all what I had planned but at least he will be here soon.

Had a eventful day went to the midwife for a sweep to be told they think baby is breech spent afternoon down the hospital he is breech which means I have a chat section booked for tomorrow morning all a bit of a shock and not at all what I had planned but at least he will be here soon.

Wow best of luck!

Did you feel he had turned?

Wow best of luck!

No they think he's been breech the whole time which is really annoying I had a different midwife today to normal and she just didn't think he was head down. I only saw my midwife 3 days ago and she said he was 2/5 palpable so she was obviously wrong.

Wow best of luck!

No they think he's been breech the whole time which is really annoying I had a different midwife today to normal and she just didn't think he was head down. I only saw my midwife 3 days ago and she said he was 2/5 palpable so she was obviously wrong.

Oh how frustrating. I guess as long as baby arrives safely that's all that matters. Exciting you will have him in your arms soon!

Man alive, think we are on another growth spurt. Dd has fed every hour - 90mins since 8pm last night. I'm knackered! Think I earned the jam doughnut I just scoffed!

I am reading through the book our pediatrician provides and saw something that might be of interest to your poor tired self...! They say after a month and if baby is gaining well etc, you might like to try a dummy/pacifier if they ask for food less than an hour since the last feed. The theory is that they get the comfort of sucking and will learn to eat more per feed. I know nothing (we are still working latching!!), but thought I would mention it having read both it and your post today :flower:

Good luck, mammy!! That must have been a shock! I never knew which way up my baby was ;) very exciting you will be cradling your little one shortly :)

Congrats, christina!! No insights on the sternum, I'm afraid. What did they say at the hospital? :)

When do you get concerned about too much sleep? My baby has been asleep pretty much all day... which is out of character. She was never awake for huge stretches, but today she has slept, woken to eat, fallen asleep while eating. On repeat. Is a change from her norm a concern?

When do you get concerned about too much sleep? My baby has been asleep pretty much all day... which is out of character. She was never awake for huge stretches, but today she has slept, woken to eat, fallen asleep while eating. On repeat. Is a change from her norm a concern?

How old is she now? You can always ask you HV if you have any concerns.

A little under four weeks... Of course she has been wide awake for the past hour. She was waiting for me to post so she could prove me wrong. We are seeing her dr later this week... Will add that question to my list!

I am reading through the book our pediatrician provides and saw something that might be of interest to your poor tired self...! They say after a month and if baby is gaining well etc, you might like to try a dummy/pacifier if they ask for food less than an hour since the last feed. The theory is that they get the comfort of sucking and will learn to eat more per feed. I know nothing (we are still working latching!!), but thought I would mention it having read both it and your post today :flower:

Thank you. I'm not sure I like the idea when I can hear her gulping it down at each feed. Will bear it in mind though.

There's no such thing as a norm at this age SurpriseBub so I wouldn't worry. Has baby perhaps had a little growth spurt as they tend to sleep a lot afterwards?

I would recommend everyone have a look at the Wonder Weeks book or app, it's pretty invaluable in understanding developmental leaps and why your baby's behaviour might have changed and shows you roughly when they will have stormy periods and sunny periods. I'm sure you can find the info for free too if you google. :thumbup:

My boy is 1 month old today. The time goes so fast :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 5
Congratulations everyone.

FRONT PAGE, I am really struggling to get updated because I need to do it on the laptop rather than be able to quickly post on my phone.
I have got behind and I really can't wade through the posts so could everyone please send me a PERSONAL MESSAGE to my inbox. This will make it much easier for me.

Updates from me, baby and I doing great, DS has frikkin scarlet fever!

Xx

Congrats, christina!! No insights on the sternum, I'm afraid. What did they say at the hospital? :)

Thanks, well they said its normal for her, just the way she is made. Its possible that as she gets holder and her bones develop that it may become less visible. But will be speaking to my gp when we register her to see what they think as its mot something ive ever seen x

Oh Raspberry, your poor DS! Hopefully he's not too uncomfortable :(

Congratulations everyone.

FRONT PAGE, I am really struggling to get updated because I need to do it on the laptop rather than be able to quickly post on my phone.
I have got behind and I really can't wade through the posts so could everyone please send me a PERSONAL MESSAGE to my inbox. This will make it much easier for me.

Updates from me, baby and I doing great, DS has frikkin scarlet fever!

Xx

Oh no, your poor DS. Apparently there is an outbreak at the moment, we had information to send home to parents at our school :nope:

Thanks, well they said its normal for her, just the way she is made. Its possible that as she gets holder and her bones develop that it may become less visible. But will be speaking to my gp when we register her to see what they think as its mot something ive ever seen x

It sounds good that they aren't worried :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->