• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks for the kind words everyone (and the math, Melly! That's not my strong point)! :haha: Midwifery here is a bit different than in the UK, but I've seen some of their student forums and you're right, competition seems fierce everywhere! Such a shame. :(

For sun protection, I hear it's not good to use sunscreen until past 6 months so I just put on a sun hat. The only sun hat we have is hot pink right now, and interestingly strangers still can tell he's a boy! Everyone thought my DD was a boy, too, but I guess my colour theory is bunk. My kids just must look manly. :thumbup:

Woah, just caught up from page 1,000! Lol
Izzie, I cut my ds's pinkie last week too. Completely clamped down on it thinking I had the nail between the clippers. It made me upset because he was sleeping when I did it and he opened his mouth to cry but took like 30 seconds to start crying actually. think it hurt him so bad. It didn't bleed though, and healed pretty quick.

He had his shots on Wednesday and I cried along with him. He felt pretty warm yesterday and his temp was 37C.

The last few weeks he has been a much better baby, and sleeping about 5hr stretches at night.
We go for a walk in the afternoon which puts him to sleep and he stays asleep for a good 2-3hrs after we get home too.
We are trying to make a routine but it's hard when dh and I have plans for the day that he has to abide by instead of the routine. He's done really well at being flexible though!
Breastfeeding is getting a bit more difficult because he let's go on the latch as soon as the letdown starts! He's better if he is really hungry. I think I just put him on the boob as the solution to everything and then he doesn't actually want to drink.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm glad we can keep chatting on this about our parenting concerns. :)

I think that I was doing the same thing, wnt2be. Breastfeeding had been the answer for 6 weeks, so I didn't get that she didn't always want it any more!

We will just do a hat for a good while re: sun protection. That and a mesh sun cover over the pram/sit in the shade. Also- I found out in early pregnancy that I was low on vitamin d. I am pretty pale and even though we had just been on a beach holiday I hadn't gotten much as I was always wearing sunscreen! So for me and baby I think a little sun is a good idea. If we were to go to the beach, I would give her 5 mins in the sun before putting on sunscreen and heading into shade. :)

Hugs to you, Feronia! I hope you get into a program soon.

I was also wondering about sun protection as I live in sunny Florida.

What do you ladies think about taking your LOs to the pool? I don't know what age is appropriate.

In my city I wouldn't take my lo to a public pool...they aren't well looked after. But I had my first in swimming lessons before he was a year old (like a mommy and me swim class) and he loved it! If you feel good about the cleanliness and chemicals used in the pool I wouldn't hesitate. But I am extremely cautious with sunscreen before 6 months. In fact, my ds1 just wore it for the first time the other day at 19 months old!

In my city I wouldn't take my lo to a public pool...they aren't well looked after. But I had my first in swimming lessons before he was a year old (like a mommy and me swim class) and he loved it! If you feel good about the cleanliness and chemicals used in the pool I wouldn't hesitate. But I am extremely cautious with sunscreen before 6 months. In fact, my ds1 just wore it for the first time the other day at 19 months old!

I'm worried about sunscreen early too. Don't want to ruin her skin with it, don't want to ruin her skin by not protecting it. Going to see what health visitor says next week and keep her in shade til then.

Sorry about the news Feronia, but like others have said at least you get to spend lots of time with your LO's!

Miss Eyre, my local pool does a mother and baby class. The requirement is that babies can hold their heads up themselves. As soon as Catelyn's ready I'll be going!

I basically haven't exposed the babies to full sun! They're always shaded by a stroller cover or the hood of the ergo when they're outside.

I basically haven't exposed the babies to full sun! They're always shaded by a stroller cover or the hood of the ergo when they're outside.

Me either, but summer is coming, she's getting bigger and will be out of the pram and into a buggy in a few weeks. That offers less protection. I'm looking at uv buggy covers at the moment. Has anyone had experience if these? Don't want her overheating in them, or spending whole summer in the dark. Am looking at Palm stroller sunshade at the moment.

Thanks for your thoughts ladies! I think I'd enjoy taking baby to the pool in a couple of months. I, too, will be avoiding sunscreen for now. Way too many chemicals on sweet baby skin. I need to find her some cute hats to wear that will protect her sweet little face.

Okay, nobody tell my husband I spent over $100 at a children's clothing consignment sale today. Oops :haha:

Oh man ladies I'm a tiny bit worried!!! I'm sure it's for nothing but I hope you all don't mind if I vent and get it out of my system!

I'm worried I might be pregnant again! Tmi...A couple weeks ago I thought the condom dh and I used leaked. He said he didn't think so but there were lots of signs that made me think it did. I put it out of my mind and didn't worry about it. Well fast forward to today...I woke up nauseous...dismissed it as a bad tummy this morning. Later on, I had cramps and a full feeling in my uterus. My tummy still feels odd. Lots of discharge but who knows why. I'm feeling headachey and nauseous again now. Ahhh! Ok it's off my chest! I've decided I could be ovulating, or getting ready to start my first postpartum af.. So I've just got to not think about it unless I feel this way still in a couple of weeks.

Maybe it's a postpartum hormone thing? Anyone else have this?

Oh man ladies I'm a tiny bit worried!!! I'm sure it's for nothing but I hope you all don't mind if I vent and get it out of my system!

I'm worried I might be pregnant again! Tmi...A couple weeks ago I thought the condom dh and I used leaked. He said he didn't think so but there were lots of signs that made me think it did. I put it out of my mind and didn't worry about it. Well fast forward to today...I woke up nauseous...dismissed it as a bad tummy this morning. Later on, I had cramps and a full feeling in my uterus. My tummy still feels odd. Lots of discharge but who knows why. I'm feeling headachey and nauseous again now. Ahhh! Ok it's off my chest! I've decided I could be ovulating, or getting ready to start my first postpartum af.. So I've just got to not think about it unless I feel this way still in a couple of weeks.

Maybe it's a postpartum hormone thing? Anyone else have this?

I'd take a test anyway to put your mind at rest. Then at least you'll know one way or another and can plan accordingly. :hugs:

If you're exclusively breastfeeding day and night then you *should* be protected. The strange feelings could be sensation returning or something else related to your c-section or you could be gearing up for AF.

Whatever, it is, you're not alone, there are several ladies in the FB group who have gone through the same worry already! :winkwink:

Yikes, if be nervous too! Definitely test if you're worried.

Both twins slept through the night! Well, last feed 8pm ish, asleep by 10pm, one dummy resettle at 4:15am, and awake to eat at 6am!!

Nice, Melly! Score!

ttc, I don't recall, are you exclusively breastfeeding? Has AF started for you yet? It's rare to get pregnant before AF starts, but hey, it does happen! I still am getting strange feelings in my uterine area sometimes and I know I'm not pregnant. Test if you're worried, you know your body better than anyone!

I want to bring Oberon to the pool fairly soon. We have a local pool with a baby area and it's ozone-filtered without any chlorine, so no harsh chemicals. :) I'm waiting until he has better head control, though, since I have a water ring sling and want to use that.

Yay, melly! :) I hope you are feeling well rested.

Let us know what the test says, ttc! It would seemingly be unlikely, but not impossible! I can't imagine going back to my OB gyn and saying I was pregnant already!! ;) those OHs... Such trouble makers!

This talk of pools gas me thinking of baby swim classes. It would be fun to go, but frankly I don't think our baby would enjoy them just yet. She still quivers her lip dramatically as soon as you take her out of her warm bath :)

Yay Captain!!!

Ooh baby swimming. I hadn't thought about it. But it's s good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->