***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

carmyz congrats :D

vbac is a normal birth when you had a c section before!

i got a letter today saying i don't have diabetes! woop! but i am quite badly anaemic apparently? I guess it explains why i'm so pale and exhausted lol! apparently this could be the reason I have had restless leg syndrome and been craving talcum powder as well (shh lol)

so now i need to start taking iron tablets which i hate! had to have them after my section and made it sooo hard to poo :( lol

hello everyone,

Great news on VBAC winegums...bit worrying about your needle phobia, aren't you going into the med profession :haha:?!!

I am progressing on the big room redecoration. We have 2 girls at the mo in 2 upstairs bedrooms. The eldest doesn't want to share her room so she is moving downstairs, DD2 is moving into her room and baby is having the smallest room.

Well, having decorated and designed and built new bookcases and assembled high sleeper bed, DD1 moved into her downstairs room last Saturday, which she loves (hooray). This weekend I have painted DD2's new room and I am hoping to move her in tomorrow before my midwife appointment ( I get to skive work!!). THEN I will be able to start decorating baby's room, at last, can't wait!!

Then we have to take everything out of the 2 upstairs bedrooms so that new carpets can be fitted, but that's another story :haha:!! There just isn't any space at the mo, but we are getting there...things slowly going in the right place but we timed it so badly, with all the extra Christmas present stuff around and we're also having new patio doors in the dining room and the floor leveled so there is stuff from there in the lounge too :dohh: (this was booked in February!!!!)

Has anyone else started decorating the nursery yet? Or any other entirely random rooms :haha:

i got a letter today saying i don't have diabetes! woop! but i am quite badly anaemic apparently? I guess it explains why i'm so pale and exhausted lol! apparently this could be the reason I have had restless leg syndrome and been craving talcum powder as well (shh lol)

so now i need to start taking iron tablets which i hate! had to have them after my section and made it sooo hard to poo :( lol

Have you tried Spatone? It's liquid and you take it with Orange juice. It's supposed to be gentler on the stomach. I've been taking it and it's not made me any worse. Quite pricey though at £7 for 30 sachets, but I got them when boots had a 3 for 2.

How many midwife appointments are we supposed to have?
I keep having to rearrange mine!
I'll be 26+5 at my next one and have yet to get HIP grant form - will I get this then? I'm soooo confused about all this pregnancy lark :)
I assume at some time the midwife'll mention antenatal classes too?
Thanks ladies :D x

Im hoping to get my HIP form tomorrow hun :) just nice to hear heartbeat be measured etc and just have reassurance off medical professional its hard when you have had more than 1 baby beause you get less and less appointments .

Congrats to all with good news this week xxxx

Hello ladies :) How are we all??? Is anyone else super uncomfortable?? Dustin is already up under my ribs and it hurts :( I have to get my 28 weeks Glucose tests done this week!! just gotta try and find a baby sitter for Layla while i go and sit there for an hour!! Really dont want to take her there for an hour! She would tear that place to shreads!!!! lol

Is anyone having baby showers soon???

Hi ya newbies :)

I'm going to be a vbac attemptee too (I think I just made that word up :-s)

At my last appointment I was 25 weeks and midwife couldn't tell which way the baby was lying. I think he is feet down cos I've had preety much no kicks up high for a while, just in my pelvis.

Misnezza I am so jealous of your escape from heartburn. I have a antenatal tomorow and I'm actually going to ask my gp if there is anything else I can try because gaviscon isn't as effective anymore.

I got my new years leave rejected. Found out today at work. Booked it on the 4th Jan this year but even that was too late where Xmas period leave is concerned. I was so angry then upset. I cried at my desk. I feel stupid now. I don't think anyone saw me. Lol.

Anyway, I ain't bloody working it so I just moved my maternity leave start date forward. So from now I have 6 weeks to go and counting!

X

whooo for 6 weeks Rach im sure no one saw u cry hun ..

Hope glucose test goes well Mummy i have to find sitters too at any appointment my 3 are like the tazmanian devil when they get started lol, gonna ask tomorrows appointment about help for acid and heartburn too nothings touching it and its the worst i have ever ever had xxx

finally home from my tests. growth scan went well. he is measuring 1lb 14oz. not quite as sure about the results of the echo. will have to wait till my regular doc appointment tommarow. also need to go back for another growth scan in about 4 weeks.

hope everyone is doing well.

I'm anemic too. They have me on iron tablets and Vitamin D pills. Between that and the Singular and prenatal vitamins, I feel like an old person taking so many pills! :haha:

My GTT results came back normal, which is a relief - my OB had me worried because she said I was "higher risk" (but she didn't tell me why...) Also, they didn't tell me about my test so I ate in the car on the way there, and my sugar was 180 before we started it! They said I might fail it because it was so high to start with, but I explained to them that it was because I'd literally just got done eating...and I was right - I'm fine. Lol. I've gotten HUGE in the last couple weeks. I posted a "progress" photo in my journal - but I wasn't wearing a shirt (although did cover myself quite well!) so I won't post it here and force you all to look at it. :haha: Anyways, I've been making newborn diapers for when we are at the hospital - I'm making fitteds and AIOs to make things easier on us the first few days. I love how cute and tiny the dipes are!! I've also started getting my birth plan together - it's going to be detailed because I want everything to be as natural as possible. I swear it, if I could afford a midwife, I'd be having a home birth, no questions asked.

Oh, and maybe I'm a huge baby, but it HURTS when Brooklyn kicks me - she is very strong! I was literally in tears this afternoon because she gets some body part wedged right under my right ribs and it hurts soooo bad. I've also started with Red Raspberry Tea Leaves since this is about the time my friend's midwife suggested starting a low dose.

when are other people starting taking raspberry leaf, if you are? I took it with the last 2 and had 4 hour labours so I'll be taking it again, in case that was why!

I was thinking more like 34 or 36 weeks though.

Hi! I never took raspberry leaf tea at all with my other 2 babies, can I sound really thick and ask what it's meant for please??!!! Xx

the tea is meant to tone the uterus to make it work better during a contraction therefore make labor quicker. if i am wrong someone please correct me.

I plan on taking the tablets, can't stand the thought of that much tea! I was advised to start at 32 weeks with one tablet and increasing it every week. My midwife not to take the full dosage until 37 weeks. So something like this:

32 weeks - 1 tablet
33 weeks - 2 tablets
34 weeks - 3 tablets
35 weeks - 4 tablets
36 weeks - 5 tablets
37 weeks + - 6 tablets

I think I'll buy the tea just to have some as well and if I drink a mug full then I'll just omit a few tablets.

i was gonna start the tablets at 32/34 weeks i cant stand the tea its vile.

it is supposed to give you a quicker and easier 2nd stage - ie the pushing bit.
i took with both of mine and my labours wer 4 hrs and 90 mins

changing the subject slightly can anyone recommend a good perinium cream ? i never used it before didnt know it existed until a friend told me and when do you start using it ?
i saw this one : https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Beyond-Perfect-Delivery-Perineal/dp/B001CGG5XM sounds good but would like some opinions from anyone that has used one.

Is that 6 tablets a day?

Where can you buy the tablets from? For some stupid reason I thought it would taste like raspberries, but it's actually the leaf! Duh. What does it taste like?

I think I read to start the perinium massage around 34 weeks. Will you be doing it yourself or getting oh to do it? I think I would struggle But oh would soon get fed up
of doing it once he realises it's not sexual!

I think I an having some kind of hormone surge ATM. I'm really spotty, irritable and feel sick again. X

Oh and how much mugs of tea should u drink in relation to the tablets. Like 1 tablets = ?mug of tea?

Does anyone know? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->