***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

imo the teas tastes like drinking warm dishwater it was vile , my mom liked it though and i have to say im not a fan of fruit/herb teas anyway , i just know if i rely on the tea ill never drink it !

you can get tablets from places like holland and barratt etc i just took one a day and took 2 a day in last 2 weeks but tbh i hadnt read about increasing it weekly

perenium massage ..i hadnt thought that far ahead about who will do it lol like you say hubby will want to turn it into something prob! ill worry about that in a few weeks time haha . tbh i think its the bloody least he should do !!

RE evewidow: I was told to start the massages during week 34. Everyday for at least 5 min a day. Also was told just to use regular almond oil that you find in the store. It's really the same thing as those expensive oils you see out there.

RE rachael872211: Yup those numbers were per day. I know it sounds crazy right? But I figure 2 for breakfast 2 for lunch 2 for dinner should make it not seem so crazy.

1 cup from 32 weeks and then increasing the dosage of red raspberry leaf tea to 3 cups from 37 weeks gestation, then as needed in labor to strengthen and tone the uterus.

Any of you girls going to be taking Evening primrose oil as well? I just found this: "After 38 weeks of pregnancy, a recommended dosage of 2,500 mg tablets per day of evening primrose oil is taken orally to systemically soften all tissues (including cervix and perineum, especially if cervical scarring or previous perineal injury exists)"

i took capsules from holland and barratt but dont remember taking loads. will try to look when i next go near one!!

Ive not heard about evening primrose one but I have some left over from when trying to conceive so I will prob give it a go. X

well i'm just back from 28 weeks midwife appointment.

all was well except she couldn't find heart beat for ages, AGAIN!! I'd actually checked just before i went out with my doppler and found it straight away so thought it would be easy!! Little monkey :)

i've also been referred to the local midwife unit for the birth as all is well. lovely place, really calm and quiet so hoping I can birth there :)

evening primrose oil - not heard about that but sounds good ..anything to avoid stitches eh !
i was in boots today bought 4 packs of maternity pads and 4 packs of nappy liners ..i felt quite organised lmao

The red raspberry leaves are meant to help tone the uterus. I'd always thought it would be good to start taking it just a couple weeks before labor, but the midwife told me it actually takes a few weeks before it starts to make any difference. She said that since it doesn't actually induce or encourage labor to start, it's perfectly safe to take at the beginning of the third trimester. She said she wouldn't wait past 32 weeks though or it wouldn't be as effective. The red raspberry leaves basically make the 2nd stage of labor (the pushing and birthing) easier and faster because it makes the contractions more productive without making them more painful (like drugs). It *can* cause Braxton Hicks, but it can also slow them in women who are having them all the time - it pretty much puts your uterus into a rhythm. Some people take it from the 1st tri because it can also help prevent miscarriages. I'm not actually drinking the tea yet (I do have them...but I'm afraid they will be yucky...lol) but I've been taking 1 tablet with my prenatal at night. One tablet is 480mg, and then I'll probably increase it to 2 tablets (the recommendation on the bottle) at about 32 weeks. The midwife didn't tell me how much mg I actually needed, just the tea "doses" which she said 1 cup/day tea from 27 weeks, 2 cups/day from 32 weeks. and 3 cups/day from 36 weeks. Also, women who take the red raspberry leafs have been shown to have less interventions like forceps, vacuum, c-section, and artificial rupture of membranes. I'm sure I could google the recommended tablet dosage - or maybe someone's midwife knows. =)

How many midwife appointments are we supposed to have?
I keep having to rearrange mine!
I'll be 26+5 at my next one and have yet to get HIP grant form - will I get this then? I'm soooo confused about all this pregnancy lark :)
I assume at some time the midwife'll mention antenatal classes too?
Thanks ladies :D x

You should get your HIP form at the 25 week appointment, so I assume your 26+5 is your 25 week? Ask for it if she doesn't bring it up. Did you get your MATB1 form for work too?

I don't know if different areas have different appointment schedules, but ours for first time babies is 8, (12 week scan), 16, (20 week scan), 25, 28, 31, 34, 36, 38, 39 and 40.

My midwife brought up antenatal classes at my 25 week and 28 week appointments. Again just ask :)

if she doesn't bring it up. Did you get your MATB1 form for work too?

I don't know if different areas have different appointment schedules, but ours for first time babies is 8, (12 week scan), 16, (20 week scan), 25, 28, 31, 34, 36, 38, 39 and 40.

My midwife brought up antenatal classes at my 25 week and 28 week appointments. Again just ask :)

Thanks so much :)
I haven't seen the midwife since...22 weeks so I think this is the equivalent to my 25 week appointment - I have seen her at 16 weeks and 22 weeks so far :).
Yeah she gave me my MATB1 form last time so that's all sorted at least :happydance:
This pregnancy shiz is far too complicated x

I don't get to see the midwife again until 34 weeks (6 weeks time) - as I'm on my third she said "you know what you're doing"!! :( i like the appointments!! At least I'll be on maternity leave by then :happydance:

I don't get to see the midwife again until 34 weeks (6 weeks time) - as I'm on my third she said "you know what you're doing"!! :( i like the appointments!! At least I'll be on maternity leave by then :happydance:

same here already have my appointments made out for 28 weeks , 34 weeks 36 38 and 41 weeks !

dont know if you have all seen but another Feb baby has been born :

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/464203-had-my-baby.html

yeah i seen that eve hope bubs stays strong.. i cant believe we have another early bub..hopefully no more..bit scary

yeah i seen that eve hope bubs stays strong.. i cant believe we have another early bub..hopefully no more..bit scary

me too ! yea it is scary, i have heard of 2 other people friends of friends in my area too that have had their babies due in feb also ...frightens me to death !

Wow. It really scares me because I keep having dreams about pre-term labor. =S

I hope these LOs stay strong.

ps. TOMORROW I'M 3/4 OF THE WAY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scary thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

it is so scarey im so glad that both babiies r doin good and were a good size for so early. i remember having a dream at 15 wks about my waters breaking and yes as u can imagine i went into comp panic mode but waters aint gone yet so maybe thats just gonna b the first thing that happens this time but nearer full term my waters never went first with my last 2 so have no idea why i dreamt that and at 15 wks strange.

I have my next appointment at 32 weeks. Well at my current surgery. I should change my gp by then for when we move but I'll really miss my current surgery so I might just keep it for one last time.

It's fair enough ur midwife saying you've done it before but appointments are so reassuring.

I've not noticed the other feb baby born. I'm going to read it now. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->