***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

oh my goodness, how are you feeling now?!! panic!!

i guess some of us are bound to go early but i now what you mean, i assume i'll be late cos my other 2 were. I haven't even thought about my hospital bag yet!!

hope everything is ok,

Clare x

Oh no dd29. What did the hospital think it was?

Thanks for the advice on the credit check info. The annoying thing about it all is I'm not even applying for credit cards etc. It's for household utilities. I don't obviously need a phone line but life was 10 times easier when I had the Internet! And like getting checked for electric! What would I do if I got refused by them when the rental agreement states no metres :-s

I did apply to experian but got an email back saying they are having trouble verifying who I am and want me to send a household bill and proof of ID. I can't be arsed with it now. I'm going to try that free one though.

I hope the raspberry leaf tea will strenghten my uterus. Last time everything slowed down so I'm hoping it will be nice a quick this time.

Has anyone else been put on iron?

Has anyone else

What pills? And almond oil? I'm 33 weeks now, should I be using these things and what for? Xx

Oh hun, I can totally sense the anxiety in your typing hahaha. It's nothing to worry about. I am just going to be taking Raspberry Leaf Tea pills starting this week and through out the rest of my pregnancy. Some people drink the tea and though I don't mind the tea, for me it's just easier to take the tablets. If you want more info I can totally help you out.

As for the oil, it was recommended to me that I do daily perineal massages for at least 5min. They make special massage oils for it out there but it's essentially the same thing as almond oil so I just picked up some of that as it's cheaper. Again I can point you in the right direction if you're wanting to know more.

:flower:

Beautiful tree Eve.

Welcome to all the newbies joining in.

Oh no dd29. What did the hospital think it was?

Thanks for the advice on the credit check info. The annoying thing about it all is I'm not even applying for credit cards etc. It's for household utilities. I don't obviously need a phone line but life was 10 times easier when I had the Internet! And like getting checked for electric! What would I do if I got refused by them when the rental agreement states no metres :-s

I did apply to experian but got an email back saying they are having trouble verifying who I am and want me to send a household bill and proof of ID. I can't be arsed with it now. I'm going to try that free one though.

I hope the raspberry leaf tea will strenghten my uterus. Last time everything slowed down so I'm hoping it will be nice a quick this time.

Has anyone else been put on iron?

Has anyone else

I was put on iron in August, had my dosage increased in September and then had it increased again at my last appointment... so now taking 3 pills a day.

Mine to EVE, oh it's so exciting we won't feel the wks fly by as soon as Xmas is over :dance:

What pills? And almond oil? I'm 33 weeks now, should I be using these things and what for? Xx

Oh hun, I can totally sense the anxiety in your typing hahaha. It's nothing to worry about. I am just going to be taking Raspberry Leaf Tea pills starting this week and through out the rest of my pregnancy. Some people drink the tea and though I don't mind the tea, for me it's just easier to take the tablets. If you want more info I can totally help you out.

As for the oil, it was recommended to me that I do daily perineal massages for at least 5min. They make special massage oils for it out there but it's essentially the same thing as almond oil so I just picked up some of that as it's cheaper. Again I can point you in the right direction if you're wanting to know more.

:flower:

Sounds great going to get that oil thanks

Well ladies......................
I'm LEAVING WORK IN 2 MINUTES!!!! yep, i am officially on maternity leave, i have handed over my cases, tidied my desk, eaten the mince pies (shhhhh) and I'm off until next November! No one here to say goodbye to but hey, who cares!!

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!:happydance:

GREAT :dance:

I'm finishing on the 23rd, don't know if I be going back after maternity leave hoping I can be a full time mammy for a few yrs my eldest is 11yrs and I have worked full time thunk I need a break :haha:

With all 4 of my boys I had everything ready and bag packed by the i was 30 weeks. I haven't done nothing yet.

Well ladies....
my parents made it up thru the snow some how lol!! We had a lovely day yesterday. And today I'm gunna bake with my lil sis and mom and I are gunna get baby bag and my hosp bag ready!! So I've got a lovely day planned!

Jenniflower where can I buy almond oil from?? And should I use it now or wait a bit longer??

Xxxxx:hug:xxxxX

Well ladies....
my parents made it up thru the snow some how lol!! We had a lovely day yesterday. And today I'm gunna bake with my lil sis and mom and I are gunna get baby bag and my hosp bag ready!! So I've got a lovely day planned!

Jenniflower where can I buy almond oil from?? And should I use it now or wait a bit longer??

you need to do it from around 34 weeks .

https://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/your-pregnant-body/perineal-massage---how-and-why/196.html explains how to do it a bit and what to use

Well ladies....

I just got mine from Sainsburys. It was my hypnobirthing practioner that told me almond oil is the same as all the expensive perineal oils out there. And she mentioned starting it at 32 weeks. I could have done it before then, and we did try it a few times. But you need to start it religiously at 32 weeks. Only 5min a day though. You can easily just do it in the shower.

I tried the perineal massage thing myself, and there is NO way I can do it by myself...I'm a really short person, so my arms are short, and my belly is huge already...I can't reach around and down far enough to massage it properly...UGH...and I tried standing with one leg up on a chair, but it really hurts where my inner thigh connects to my body - plus my pelvic bones decided to pop, which REALLY hurt...I think I'll have to as the DH to do this for me... =/

Iv been using the perineal cream since someone mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, I got it from mothercare it was reduced which was a bonus. It's a strange thing to have to do and OH gets turned on by it lol so i do it in the bathroom now! but if it works it will be worth it! Xxx

Well ladies....

I just got mine from Sainsburys. It was my hypnobirthing practioner that told me almond oil is the same as all the expensive perineal oils out there. And she mentioned starting it at 32 weeks. I could have done it before then, and we did try it a few times. But you need to start it religiously at 32 weeks. Only 5min a day though. You can easily just do it in the shower.

Hi jenni flower,

i was interested in hypnobirthing, can I ask you what you are doing? have you been on a course?

thanks clare x

anyone got any tips for coping with urine infections ?

last sunday i woke up in the night with terrible pain in my back etc and then constant need to go wee and the wee was pink :( tmi i know.
went drs monday he gave me antibiotics a 5 day course , they kicked in pretty quick - next day and i took the full course finishing sat morning .
few hours ago i started with the same pain and the pink wee is back . back to drs tomo i guess , just wondered if anyone had any tips other than drinking lots

anyone got any tips for coping with urine infections ?

last sunday i woke up in the night with terrible pain in my back etc and then constant need to go wee and the wee was pink :( tmi i know.
went drs monday he gave me antibiotics a 5 day course , they kicked in pretty quick - next day and i took the full course finishing sat morning .
few hours ago i started with the same pain and the pink wee is back . back to drs tomo i guess , just wondered if anyone had any tips other than drinking lots

they say to drink cranberry juice...that's about it for useful info :(

hope it gets better soon, what a pain :(

thanks , me too !

this is my punishment for 2 previous hassle free pregnancies i think lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member