***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

anyone got any tips for coping with urine infections ?

last sunday i woke up in the night with terrible pain in my back etc and then constant need to go wee and the wee was pink :( tmi i know.
went drs monday he gave me antibiotics a 5 day course , they kicked in pretty quick - next day and i took the full course finishing sat morning .
few hours ago i started with the same pain and the pink wee is back . back to drs tomo i guess , just wondered if anyone had any tips other than drinking lots

I suffer with these, one thing I do is after every wee I have I drink a glass of water, it makes me feel better eventually while waiting for the antibiotics to work, but you go to the toilet a lot in a different sense.

I also used to get reaccuring UTI's, and it was the antiboitic I was on. It was the 5 day course I think, but it would always come back and in the end they changed the antiboitic I was on and then went to a 7 day course. Takes longer to kick in, but kept it away. x

last sunday i woke up in the night with terrible pain in my back etc and then constant need to go wee and the wee was pink :( tmi i know.
went drs monday he gave me antibiotics a 5 day course , they kicked in pretty quick - next day and i took the full course finishing sat morning .
few hours ago i started with the same pain and the pink wee is back . back to drs tomo i guess , just wondered if anyone had any tips other than drinking lots

I've had a couple of nasty water infections and I swear by cranberry juice only down fall is it can give you heart burn so have some anti acid tablets on hand. Turns out I had three kidney stones tho but I passed them all and it cleared up for good then. Touch wood so far. Hope you get to the bottom of it Hun xxxx

well went back to drs this morning, apparently my last sample was within a noraml range :S

anyway he took one look at todays sample and went yes thats infected , did the dip stick thing and went yes very infected... so off to the lab it has gone for testing and a 7 day course of anti biotics .

tesco have cancelled my delivery due to the shitty weather conditions -cant say im suprised it took us 30 mins to move our car and we broke the handbrake in the process -fun!

gonna be one of them days haha

Well ladies....
my parents made it up thru the snow some how lol!! We had a lovely day yesterday. And today I'm gunna bake with my lil sis and mom and I are gunna get baby bag and my hosp bag ready!! So I've got a lovely day planned!

Jenniflower where can I buy almond oil from?? And should I use it now or wait a bit longer??

Xxxxx:hug:xxxxX

I just got mine from Sainsburys. It was my hypnobirthing practioner that told me almond oil is the same as all the expensive perineal oils out there. And she mentioned starting it at 32 weeks. I could have done it before then, and we did try it a few times. But you need to start it religiously at 32 weeks. Only 5min a day though. You can easily just do it in the shower.

Hi jenni flower,

i was interested in hypnobirthing, can I ask you what you are doing? have you been on a course?

thanks clare x

I started a 5 day course, once a week for 2 hours, when I was about 24 weeks. It was personally the most amazing thing I've ever done. It taught me not just how to deal with my birth but also when my overall pregnancy which hasn't exactly gone very well. I also managed to get an amazing deal on private lessons which turned out to be great because I could ask her pretty much anything. Things from how on earth do you deliver a placenta to how on earth do I have sex with my husband without it killing, hahaha.

RE eve: Sorry to hear about your UTI. :( Like the other girls said lots of cranberry juice. I personally can't stand the taste and so have taken cranberry capsules before. Not sure if that would help with the heartburn or not though.

it's been a month now since they first spotted that i have a urine infection.

I've been up the hospital nearly 10 times with fresh urine samples, and they keep saying 'right we confirm you have an infection but cannot work out what the infection is, so please bring another sample to the hospital'

it's driving me mad, wasting my time and money and petrol and now i have to do another one and i can hardly get out of my road to snow let alone to the bloody hospital

oh my goodness, how are you feeling now?!! panic!!

i guess some of us are bound to go early but i now what you mean, i assume i'll be late cos my other 2 were. I haven't even thought about my hospital bag yet!!

hope everything is ok,

Clare x

I never went up the hospital and it all fizzled out in the end felt fine since just getting alot of presure down there and my spd has got worse. Everyone rekons ill have this baby early but im v doughtfull. I really don't know wat all that clear mukas was with the streak of red had nothing since :wacko:

it's been a month now since they first spotted that i have a urine infection.

I've been up the hospital nearly 10 times with fresh urine samples, and they keep saying 'right we confirm you have an infection but cannot work out what the infection is, so please bring another sample to the hospital'

it's driving me mad, wasting my time and money and petrol and now i have to do another one and i can hardly get out of my road to snow let alone to the bloody hospital

oh god , you poor thing ! i have to get mine to them by 10am its a right pain i hope they decide what it is this time round.

Hi all,

How are we ?, Its bloody freezing here and BHs are stamping up a notch every night few horrid twinges so rekon bodys just getting prepeared again .

Hows every feeling about xmas, I hate been this big and wearing tents over xmas instead of nice party clothes :( . xxx

sorry i haven't been on much btw i've had some sort of flu, haven't had my voice for over a week now... at the begining it was awful i kept getting lightheaded and fainting and vomiting but after a few days i felt fine its just my throat now... slowly but surely getting better i think... still can hardly talk and can't swallow as it's too painful! went to doctor who basically said 'so what its a cold get over it' and had a consultant appointment who said i needed to rest more to allow my body to fight it as my immune system is low and still have low iron etc.... but cant really 'rest' when have a crazy 19month old running around from 7-7 lol and then studying, tidying and preparing for christmas in the evenings!!!

was also told i'd need continual monitoring in labour due to risk of uterine rupture (which is quite low), can't use their birth pools in the hospital which i'm really quite upset about, if i go overdue i cannot be induced to to higher risk of uterine rupture, and if i go too overdue it will be another c section. if im in established labour for more than 10 hours i need to consider having another c section as well otherwise the scar has too much pressure for a too long period of time and it more prone to rupturing

so now instead of looking forward to giving birth i just feel stressed out about it. and im snowed in. and still have christmas shopping to do. and ill. grrrrrrr

hope everyone else is feeling better than i do lol xxx

Awww wine sorry your not well , And that Labour has gotton you down a bit.

I hope very much you get the birth you want, I too am not alowed in the pool at the hospital because of previous epilepsy and it gutted me last time and this :( x

I agree with the other's, whenever I have had one I have drank lots of cranberry juice. Also you may want to pick up some yogurt as the pills can commonly cause yeast infections as well.

Hope you are feeling better soon wine. Sorry to hear that labour has already become more stressful.

Hi all

Hope eve and wine are feeling better soon :hugs:

I had a scan today all great, my little princess is around 4lb 3oz so happy I can't wait to meet her :) :)

Snowing again :(

hey all hope everyone is well :)
sorry to here you have not been well winegums and worried about labour :(
i soo cant wait for xmas now....its so exciting paiyton will understand more this year, then only 5 weeks after new year my little man is due....cant believe how fast it has gone :) x

well after a sore night my antibiotics seem to be kicking in thank god , still sore but a bit better , i had to go to bed last night it hurt so bad and i made hubby bring me jam and cream scones hahaha !

taking my boys to their first ever panto at lunch time cant wait !! its starting to feel like xmas now with kids off school , the snow , the tree and the panto .

on the downside tesco wont deliver my shopping due to bad weather so i do have to go and do that later booo !

I think I might be getting a yeast infection, but at the same time, I don't think that's what it is. =/ I am kinda swollen and itchy down there, but there's no smell, and no increase in CM...Not sure what it could be - I've had a yeast infection earlier this pregnancy, and it feels like it did when I started to get one, but it seems different at the same time. Ugh. Does anyone know what this could be?

hey ladies hope everyone is well.

i have been suffering with a horrible cold for almost 2 weeks now. i have taken nothing up to this point, but am seriously starting to conssider finding something to take as i would really like to be able to breath again.

hope all u uk ladies are ok hear u are really getting hit with quite a bit of snow. good luck with that.

wine, I know how you feel. Im not allowed a waterbirth, and im a little envious that my sister is going to get one :-(

Do you have to be monitored continiously too? Thats not what I am looking forward to. They said they would do an attachment to the babies head so I dont have to be constricted to the bed - so I really hope they do. I'm also looking at another c-section if I go 10 days overdue.

Do you know if they will let you go in the bath at the hospital? Or is that also a no no?

Virginia when I had thrush, I didn't have all the symptoms. I had the itchyness, stinging and smell, but no increase in discharge or swelling. Maybe it might still be thrush but symptoms are different?

I'm feeling like rubbish today. I've got some kind of bug again for the 2nd time this month. My only plus to it is that it might be gone by christmas. x

I think I might be getting a yeast infection, but at the same time, I don't think that's what it is. =/ I am kinda swollen and itchy down there, but there's no smell, and no increase in CM...Not sure what it could be - I've had a yeast infection earlier this pregnancy, and it feels like it did when I started to get one, but it seems different at the same time. Ugh. Does anyone know what this could be?

When I had a UTI I didn't have a single sympton. I was just having horrible cramps and had no idea what that was until they tested me. My GP said things like UTIs, Thrush, and yeast infections can all be masked in different ways when you're pregnant. So I would think that you may know your body best and it is in fact a yeast infection.

yeah I agree. When my friend has uti's hers are always stomach cramps. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->