***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Yeah, when I had a yeast infection earlier in my pregnancy, I had the itchiness and swelling but no smell or extra dc... So it really could be. I would call your dr and see what they say. They may have you do a treatment just in case.

I've been feeling down the last two days. I don't know why, but I'm in the worst mood, super grumpy. Plus my cough that I gained when I was sick last week still isn't gone, and I've just completely the antibiotics the dr gave me that was supposed to knock everything out of my system because I was on the verge of a fever... I'm glad I have a break from school and work right now, though. Because I'm much too grumpy to deal with assignments being due, or especially to deal with my student at work... I even keep snapping at my mom, and I never do that.... :(

Awww sorry to hear every one is feeling down, I know the weather aint helping as well as we are all real big now and the extra weight brings us down and makes us tired .

I am having a real gutted moment thought Connor was in Lovely position but he is back to back :( Trace of protein in Urine but thats just down to the extra discharge.

Hope every ones looking forward to xmas xxx

I am mainly looking forward to xmas because I pre-ordered a small honey glazed ham from the Honey Baked Ham store here! I haven't told my family yet.. it will be my surprise for them, since I'm picking it up Christmas Eve Morning...

I went crazy tonight making Turkey Burgers (couldn't even tell they were turkey instead of beef). I accidentally made 12 burgers, for our tiny family of 5... Oops!! :/

On a better note, I have a friend that is pregnant at the moment also. Originally her due date was a day before mine, and she's been gradually moved sooner and sooner. Now her due date is Jan. 15th. Well she went to the dr today and found out she's 1cm dialated!! It just makes me that much more excited, because I now my time is coming soon, too!!!! :D :D

wine, I know how you feel. Im not allowed a waterbirth, and im a little envious that my sister is going to get one :-(

Do you have to be monitored continiously too? Thats not what I am looking forward to. They said they would do an attachment to the babies head so I dont have to be constricted to the bed - so I really hope they do. I'm also looking at another c-section if I go 10 days overdue.

Do you know if they will let you go in the bath at the hospital? Or is that also a no no?

Virginia when I had thrush, I didn't have all the symptoms. I had the itchyness, stinging and smell, but no increase in discharge or swelling. Maybe it might still be thrush but symptoms are different?

I'm feeling like rubbish today. I've got some kind of bug again for the 2nd time this month. My only plus to it is that it might be gone by christmas. x

same as you! continuous monitoring, no birth pool (dont know about the bath?) another c section if i go overdue as apparently induction increases the risk of uterine rupture and also once in established labour if it gets to 8-10 hours and i'm not nearly there then repeat c section as well because if they leave it too long there will be too much pressure on the scar!!!!!!!!!!! so frustrating lol xx

Also someone that asked about the yeast infection? i had one and didn't even realise :S no itching or redness or swelling or anything but i did havea lot of discharge but have done since all the way back to ovulation lol! but they said they'll do a swab anyway as it can be harder to spot in pregnancy and i had it!! xx

ha ha, I have forgotten all about the days of ovulation. lol.

wine, I didnt know about the being in labour too long and repeat section. It makes sense though. For practically the whole pregnancy I have been excited about being in labour and just the last week I have started to get scared! Scared that I am going to fail again really and end up with another section :-( I need to be more postive.

I'm going to make some mince pies with Eve today. I feel so ill still but need to keep going.

mummymadness are you going to start getting down on all fours to turn him? x

Awww sorry to hear every one is feeling down, I know the weather aint helping as well as we are all real big now and the extra weight brings us down and makes us tired .

I am having a real gutted moment thought Connor was in Lovely position but he is back to back :( Trace of protein in Urine but thats just down to the extra discharge.

How do they tell what position he's in? I'm about to go to my midwife today and am really anxious to know how my LO is facing. I think she's head down but truthfully haven't a clue. She could be tranverse for all I know. Did the midwife just poke around?
Oh and as for Conner being back to back, that's like super easy to rectify at only 33 weeks. They can swing back and forth for ages. Just always try to stay off your back, no leaning back on a couch. Lean forward on the couch, or on a birthing ball, and lay on your left side practically on your stomach as much as possible. :hugs:

RE Rachael: Awwww hun I think it's perfectly normal to be a little scared, but like you said before that you were really excited! So many women never even get to that point so I know you're going to do great! Sections are only bad if in the end you felt you had no control. You are so much more knowledgeable now and so much more confident that even if in the end you end up with a section it's because you made the choice to do so. :hugs:

hey hun a lot of babies are back to back, even in labour and then they turn as they are coming down the birth canal... can make labour a bit longer but no real probs hunni so dont worry too much! but as others have said try not to lean/slouch and sit up straight etc and he might turn round anyway xxx

ha ha, I have forgotten all about the days of ovulation. lol.

wine, I didnt know about the being in labour too long and repeat section. It makes sense though. For practically the whole pregnancy I have been excited about being in labour and just the last week I have started to get scared! Scared that I am going to fail again really and end up with another section :-( I need to be more postive.

I'm going to make some mince pies with Eve today. I feel so ill still but need to keep going.

mummymadness are you going to start getting down on all fours to turn him? x

me too i was soooo relaxed last time and happy and thinking whatever will be! but i hated the section soo much even when i think about it now i burst into tears lol i'm just terrified of having to do it again... its the afterwards bit where im stuck in hospital and cant do everything that other people can do with their babies... i couldnt even change his nappy or anything at first and it was horrible!

i was feeling pretty relaxed until my consultant appointment and now i know theres so many restrictions etc i'm feeling pretty scared and under pressure to 'perform well' and get him out safely if you know what i mean? xxx

Jenni my midwife had a little feel and held my babies neck and asked if I could feel that. lol.

I always lay on my left side so I'm hopeful he won't go back to back. I also brought a birthing ball today so when it arrives im going to start using it to slouch on. My consultant also told me to sit up straight with my legs wide apart so it does something to your pelvis to prevent back to back.

wine, its the same with me. The procedure doesnt bother me, its the hospital bit afterwards. I hated it last time, same reasons as you, not being able to do anything. I wasnt the first person to give my daughter a bath, had to watch a member of staff do it. I was just so immobile it was rubbish. x

My midwife checked me out, after having to ask *rolls eyes*, and she said baby is heads down and her back is against my belly. I asked her how she could tell she she had me poking around showing me what was her back, and her limbs, even her bum. I poked and poked and poked and still have no idea how she can tell all that. :wacko:

aww wine and rach - i have to say 1st baby i wasnt really nervous about the labour i didnt know what to expect was quite relaxed about it .
second time round i was shitting myself tbh , i got myself in more of a tizz than the 1st time, this time im a bit like meh ..whatever its gotta happen!

hopefully you will all be ok and get the labour you want.

jenniflower- ikwym when they are like this here is the foot and the bum etc ..err ok i believe you lol ! i guess they feel loads of babies daily so easy for them to tell

Hello everyone! So, iv been to the midwife today, and the perineal oil iv been using from mothercare has given me thrush :-( so not allowed to use that anymore! I will try just almond oil or something and see what happens. I'm 34 weeks this week and measuring 36 and baby is fully engaged! Very scary, no wonder iv felt like a water balloon about to burst the last few days, doctor had said I'll be early but not ready just yet! Hope everyone is feeling better and looking forward to Xmas :) xxx

Felicityjade, thats brilliant! Baby is all ready :) Can I just ask, were you managing to do the pernieal massage yourself? I had a go the other day just to see if I would be able to and could barely reach :-(

Well it's tricky but was managing to do it, but then I read somewhere about a certain way your supposed to massage it in, which I didn't do I just rubbed it in! (maybe tmi) but I found easiest way was to put a mirror flat on toilet seat and stand over it so I could see where I needed to put it.

I can't believe it's Christmas after tomorrow, I love Christmas just can't get into it that much this year, it's just a milestone to us, like 2nd tri, viable, double digits, 3rd
Tri, then Christmas then 4weeks left, I'm looking forward to next Christmas already with my own little family! Anyone else feeling the same or just me? Xx

Well it's tricky but was managing to do it, but then I read somewhere about a certain way your supposed to massage it in, which I didn't do I just rubbed it in! (maybe tmi) but I found easiest way was to put a mirror flat on toilet seat and stand over it so I could see where I needed to put it.

I can't believe it's Christmas after tomorrow, I love Christmas just can't get into it that much this year, it's just a milestone to us, like 2nd tri, viable, double digits, 3rd
Tri, then Christmas then 4weeks left, I'm looking forward to next Christmas already with my own little family! Anyone else feeling the same or just me? Xx

i have read a little about perinium massage but read to use olive oil??? anyone know the best thing to use?
x

I'm a little nervous today because this morning when I wiped, there was a little bright red blood...I know it's not coming from my bum, but I'm honestly not sure if it's coming from inside me, or if it's coming from where it's so irritated and itchy...It was just a tiny bit, and it was bright red...there was no CM in my underwear or any when I wiped either oddly enough...Please reassure me! I don't want to call the doctor (who might make me drive 65 miles in my unreliable car to the ER) if it's nothing...I hate it, but I probably have to wait a couple hours and then wipe again to see if it's "building up" iykwim? UGH!!!

i have read a little about perinium massage but read to use olive oil??? anyone know the best thing to use?
x

Yup I've heard Olive oil is great too. There was something Psychological about using the same oil I normally use to cook with going anywhere near... there. So I went with Almond Oil. Just as effective.

RE Virginia: Gosh Hun I don't know what to tell you, I haven't been over to Third Tri yet to answer my own question, but have you asked the ladies in there? I was thinking about first it could be your plug? :shrug: Maybe it's a UTI or something. Sometimes you can buy UTI strips at a pharmacy so you wouldn't have to drive all the way to the ER. But Gosh hun, for bright red blood that isn't accompanied with mucusy stuff, I would say the trip may be worth it?

x

Yup I've heard Olive oil is great too. There was something Psychological about using the same oil I normally use to cook with going anywhere near... there. So I went with Almond Oil. Just as effective.

RE Virginia: Gosh Hun I don't know what to tell you, I haven't been over to Third Tri yet to answer my own question, but have you asked the ladies in there? I was thinking about first it could be your plug? :shrug: Maybe it's a UTI or something. Sometimes you can buy UTI strips at a pharmacy so you wouldn't have to drive all the way to the ER. But Gosh hun, for bright red blood that isn't accompanied with mucusy stuff, I would say the trip may be worth it?

Possibly...I just went to the bathroom, and there was nothing so I'm not sure what's going on...I had a little leftover Monistat 7 from my earlier yeast infection, and I put a little on the outside where it's all irritated, and it stung a little in one area like it got into a cut...I'm thinking maybe I was itching it in my sleep and since I don't really have much CM right now, when I wiped earlier, I might have cut myself possibly? I'm going to monitor it for a couple hours and if I see anymore blood then I'll call the doctor. It really was a tiny amount of blood, but seeing any blood freaks me out. I'm not cramping or anything, and she's moving around in there still... I'll keep you guys updated. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->