***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Carmyz, that is the bit I am most worried about too, tearing or being cut!

I found a thread yesterday on baby engagement and someone said it depends on how the HCP writes it. I'm so crap at explaining things, so here we go.......... they could be feeling how much of the head is palpable, so if it was 1/5 going to 4/5, it means they feel more of the head out of the pelvis, which means less engaged........... OR they could do it the other way around, for how far its gone in, which means 4/5 is more than 1/5. I hope it makes sense. lol. I had to try and make it make sense to me before I wrote it.

Also I found out that second babies + pop in and out of the pelvis, because the muscles arent as tight from the first pregnancy, they dont hold them down there.

I think this baby pops in and out all the time.

Virginia, are they sending you for the scan because of the big difference in fundal height?

I think at my next appointment I am going to start asking more questions.........like I only have it written down twice, my FH, so this time I will ask the midwife what it is as soon as she puts the tape measure away, and I also want to know which way he is facing. x

~Have you looked in your notes - mine has a column for fundal height, and possibly way he's facing. i did ask about mine. Like you i suddenly thought i really don't know!! luckily the bit i thought was her bum, was her bum!!

Winegums............what do you do on the birthing ball? I got my yesterday but so far have just had a little sit and bounce on it and dont really know what to do.

Clare, in the columns they have just wrote an equals sign, which I assume is there way of recording that I am equal to my gestation, but because they say "how many weeks are you? yeah that will do" when they measure, makes me feel like they are not really taking much notice.

Oh I will have a look in them about the way he is facing............it says ceph free, but thats his head isnt it? x

Oh I will have a look in them about the way he is facing............it says ceph free, but thats his head isnt it? x

yep, not engaged yet, but that is normal!

I know what yo mean about the =, this time was the first time she actually wrote the height and she did say it was about right.

she also said don't take RLT until 37 weeks, which i think is too late and lots of people seem to take it much sooner so have a little less faith in her now!

Virginia, are they sending you for the scan because of the big difference in fundal height?

Yeah. When she measured me, she got this really weird look on her face and said, "Oh wow!" Then she took the tape measure off, looked at it, and measured me again to make sure...lol...I guess she was surprised. I was pretty surprised too...My fundal height was measuring 2 weeks ahead until about 32 weeks, then I was only 1 week ahead...so growing 7 weeks in only 2 weeks was a bit of a surprise.

she also said don't take RLT until 37 weeks, which i think is too late and lots of people seem to take it much sooner so have a little less faith in her now!

Yeah...37 weeks is usually too late...maybe she thinks RLT induces labour? (which it doesn't)....but it's meant to be taken earlier because it is supposed to give your uterus a workout and help tone it for labour - and it takes a few weeks before it does anything

if they write OP it means back to back, if they don't write anything or write OA it means the baby is facing forward/the right way

many babies are back to back but as they come down the birth canal they turn around...

though i think it can make your labour longer!

sometimes they have a L or R in front of the OP or OA to show whether the back of the babies head is towards the right or the left but i that can be harder to tell until right at the end

xx

I can't wait to see all the pics of the new ones in the next few weeks to come!

hey girls! i have totally missed this thread! not had access to my net for way far too long! was getting withdrawl symptoms!
glad to hear everyone is doing ok. also i am not the only one starting to get nervous, lol.
My hubby made a comment the other day that i shouldnt be nervous as this is babba number 3, it should be like shelling peas! *he got a dead arm for that, lol

i do actually have a few questions for you ladies as we are all roughly the same time, mainly because i cannot remember this stage at all... weird huh?
anyone else having mental leg cramps, going from Foo down to ankles, like on the inside of their legs?
period like cramps?
even worse heartburn that before! aaargh
insomnia
braxton hicks that hurt like hell. worse than usual.
puffing up alot,
itching (that i am awaiting blood test results for as my first one i had Obstetric cholestasis)
and a really bad one... sorry for TMI, but i think the past 6 months of constipation is finally catching up with me, lol, its atleast 3-4 times a day! i dont know where its all coming from!
All this has been the past 4 days solid now. yesterday was really bad for me as i was in constant agony and i could barely move. hubby thought i was just being lazy, until my MIL told him to shut up n back off, as i was ready to knife him for his comments. (hormones..)
My son, last one.. was born 38 weeks dead on. 4yrs ago on 6th Jan. Labor was 1Hr 45Mins, according to notes. you think im gonna have another early and quick one?
my midwife told me 3 days ago, that if i feel labor starting, i have to go straight to hospital and not move, due to waters having to always be broken and very quick births... plus hospital half hour drive away.. and more frigging snow!!!! grrrrrrrr

ooooh, i had this posted to me on Face book off my friend Tony that was at hospital with his fiance... it made me laugh so hard that i got pains in my side, lol.
family planning.jpg

I love that sign Franki, can't believe it's real!!

Does sound a bit like you may be on the way...though lots of us are getting the period type pains and feeling like there's a knife in your foof :blush: Perhaps you ought to book a homebirth just in case it's really quick - Evewidow was pretty quick too and she is doing that :)

Ha Ha love the sign, Rach hun i was told to expect babies head to stay free (Not engaged) until labour as im on 4th bubs and they can move around to easy with extra room lol .

Oooo wine how exciting for u your full term and getting pains could be any day :).

I am still on all 4s i have the most stubborn OP baby ever he wont budge for love nor money !!!! OH says he is taking after his mother lol. xx

honestly i was thinking of a homebirth, but, i am always that bit worried still. plus if these results of my blood test come back high for bile acids on my LFT's i wouldnt be allowed one anyway. i might just wait to see what the results say.
Both of my children were born back to back, and truthfully i am expecting this one to be too. it wasnt that bad considering i had Jacob with no pain relief, apart from 3 puffs of gas and air, which i put down because it was making me feel sick.
it was only yesterday i was reading an article online about this occurrence, and it sometimes cannot be helped depending on what shape pelvis you have too.
apparently, depending on what shape, means what room there is for baby to be more comfortable.
so not sure if that helps some ladies.

Ha Ha love the sign, Rach hun i was told to expect babies head to stay free (Not engaged) until labour as im on 4th bubs and they can move around to easy with extra room lol .

Oooo wine how exciting for u your full term and getting pains could be any day :).

I am still on all 4s i have the most stubborn OP baby ever he wont budge for love nor money !!!! OH says he is taking after his mother lol. xx

:rofl: Love it!

The only thing I ever seem to talk to my MW about is babs positioning. "Is she in the right position?" "Is she engaged" "How can you tell" "Where is her back" She's always trying to show me what a foot is and what a bum is but I can never tell! I have no idea what's actually written in my book just that babs is very much in an excellent position! :happydance: I have this fear that she'll flip or turn though so I'm constantly on my knees and ball. hahaha.

Sounds like your getting close to labour franki, good luck :hugs:

Love the sign it made me laugh just wen I was feeling down after been sick thanks :dance:

hey ladies!!! how are you all feeling?! yet again havent had much time to be on forums but i try to catch up when i can! i have ley & 1sttimemom on facebook so i know so far their babies are still safe and sound in their bellies! =] as for me im still pregnant lol downside is i have horrible back pain and my feeet omg they hurt so bad especially waking up in the morning and standing on them!!

my due date is exactly 1 month from today on February 8 i cant wait <3 im so ready for him! lol

anyone getting induced before their due dates? im gonna wait till hes ready to come out even though i want him out already! lol

hey ladies!!! how are you all feeling?! yet again havent had much time to be on forums but i try to catch up when i can! i have ley & 1sttimemom on facebook so i know so far their babies are still safe and sound in their bellies! =] as for me im still pregnant lol downside is i have horrible back pain and my feeet omg they hurt so bad especially waking up in the morning and standing on them!!

my due date is exactly 1 month from today on February 8 i cant wait <3 im so ready for him! lol

anyone getting induced before their due dates? im gonna wait till hes ready to come out even though i want him out already! lol

oi what about me :haha:

hey girls! i have totally missed this thread! not had access to my net for way far too long! was getting withdrawl symptoms!
glad to hear everyone is doing ok. also i am not the only one starting to get nervous, lol.
My hubby made a comment the other day that i shouldnt be nervous as this is babba number 3, it should be like shelling peas! *he got a dead arm for that, lol

i do actually have a few questions for you ladies as we are all roughly the same time, mainly because i cannot remember this stage at all... weird huh?
anyone else having mental leg cramps, going from Foo down to ankles, like on the inside of their legs?
period like cramps?
even worse heartburn that before! aaargh
insomnia
braxton hicks that hurt like hell. worse than usual.
puffing up alot,
itching (that i am awaiting blood test results for as my first one i had Obstetric cholestasis)
and a really bad one... sorry for TMI, but i think the past 6 months of constipation is finally catching up with me, lol, its atleast 3-4 times a day! i dont know where its all coming from!
All this has been the past 4 days solid now. yesterday was really bad for me as i was in constant agony and i could barely move. hubby thought i was just being lazy, until my MIL told him to shut up n back off, as i was ready to knife him for his comments. (hormones..)
My son, last one.. was born 38 weeks dead on. 4yrs ago on 6th Jan. Labor was 1Hr 45Mins, according to notes. you think im gonna have another early and quick one?
my midwife told me 3 days ago, that if i feel labor starting, i have to go straight to hospital and not move, due to waters having to always be broken and very quick births... plus hospital half hour drive away.. and more frigging snow!!!! grrrrrrrr

ooooh, i had this posted to me on Face book off my friend Tony that was at hospital with his fiance... it made me laugh so hard that i got pains in my side, lol.
View attachment 153703

my 2nd was 90 minutes , my 1st 4 hours , midwife reckons ill be around the hour mark this time . she advised me to book a home birth as if its booked they will semd e 2 midwives , if its not booked basically they just send me an ambulance .. my hubby etc works more than an hour away most days so i wanted to be prepared , if hubby is here we will try make it to hospital i think.

i also got a lot of your symptoms , insomnia , braxtons ..not long now though , hope it all goes well for you and i love the pic !!

awww im sorry i also have evewidow on facebook and her precious bubs is gonna be styling with the adidas when she pops out :happydance::hugs:

sorry ladies I just need to get this off my chest

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so sick of stop start stop start contractions, I'm exhausted and uncomfortable and just basically a moody bitch right now.
Currently I'm sat here with chronic restless legs and driving hubby mad.
I wish I could close my eyes and wake up at the full term mark.

awww im sorry i also have evewidow on facebook and her precious bubs is gonna be styling with the adidas when she pops out :happydance::hugs:

hehe we can set our 2 up on a date with their stylish footware

Ley, I'm right there with you. I noticed I've been crabbier than usual lately, and I'm going crazy with restless legs! But at the same time, walking makes my back hurt more... I don't know what to think!!

My mom noticed in the store today that my face seemed to lose it's color, I was more out of breath than normal, and my contractions are about 7 minutes apart, lasting about a minute to minute and a half each.... oyyyyy... I'm going insane. Last night I burst into tears because I can't get comfortable, and I made the mistake of squatting next to my mom's bed and got stuck... I'm so miserable now! Ugghghhhhhhhh :(

Hang in there Ley!! It won't be long now, and hopefully our babes will be nice and healthy!!!

aww ley and 1sttimemom i wish these babies would decide what they want to do for you :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->