***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

I am starting to be really excite and nervous about the third tri...it seems like there is sooo much time left, yet it's going so quickly it's almost scary! It's safe to say I am kinda starting to freak out about labor! Lol

I'm starting to freak out about a few things now lol
I am looking for a different job that will let me work evenings and nights so that my parents can be my baby sitters plus that will pay a little more so I can actually afford things for baby :/

Plus, realizing I don't have ANYTHING ready for her yet.. It's a little daunting! I don't even have a bag to pack yet, let alone anything to put in it!! I know after the baby shower is over, I'll be a little more relieved since I'll hopefully have more stuff. But for now, I start to have mini panic attacks every so often. My mom has been pretty great at calming me down though so far.. Thank goodness... :/

My mom made me feel a little better today and got out the bassinet I'll be using. We set it up in my room just to comfort me a little so I know I have at least SOMETHING, and that things will work out. I need to wash the skirt and cover before I actually use it, but I feel a lot better having it set up :) Here is a picture of it :)

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs409.ash2/68746_1364830695408_1670877860_713733_941550_n.jpg

awwww i love it!! i had a bassinet for my DS1 but i dont think ill be having one for this baby we are just going to get the crib....i still dont have anything either hun so ur not the only one i just bought a few clothes here and there but nothing yet and i have llike 15 more weeks till baby is here thats scary lol

Yeah, I'm 25 weeks today, so 15 weeks left.. I started to break down today to my parents and told them how much I'm worrying about it all. They calmed me down, and that's when they got the bassinet out for me. They are getting me the crib, too, so at least I'll have that. Only 5 weeks til my baby shower, so hopefully I'll feel a little better after that and not so stressed about everything.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't really have anything. I have a couple things that friends have already given me, but not a lot. And two Beatles onesies that I bought the day I found out I was having a girl (truth be told, I was going to get them anyways.. but I didn't want to buy them before I knew, just because it didn't feel right lol)...

Yeah, I'm 25 weeks today, so 15 weeks left.. I started to break down today to my parents and told them how much I'm worrying about it all. They calmed me down, and that's when they got the bassinet out for me. They are getting me the crib, too, so at least I'll have that. Only 5 weeks til my baby shower, so hopefully I'll feel a little better after that and not so stressed about everything.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't really have anything. I have a couple things that friends have already given me, but not a lot. And two Beatles onesies that I bought the day I found out I was having a girl (truth be told, I was going to get them anyways.. but I didn't want to buy them before I knew, just because it didn't feel right lol)...

I don't have anything besides maybe 1/2 dozen onesies (none of them for newborns) and a few other random clothes items. Babies really don't need that much! You probably just need a crib, car seat, sheets, diapers, a few outfits, wipes, and feeding stuff if ur not breastfeeding, and maybe afew other things. Everything else you can buy as needed. No need to panic.

I know, that's what I keep telling myself and what my parents keep telling me. Its just hard (I think it's because it's my first) to not think about everything I'm missing. Lol and to think about how cruddy my job is at the moment that I can't even save anything up for her.

Like I said, I think it's because it's my first... I'm just nervous about it all, and afraid of not having what I need lol kind of ridiculous, but I can't help but worry.
Thank you guys, for the reassurance though. It helps. I keep just trying to tell myself that everything will work out and it'll be ok, but in the back of my mind I start to worry a lot...

awww u will be just fine 1sttimemom08!! i had my first at the age of 17 still in highschool so imagine how i felt!! lol but it went perfectly fine and now this lil boy will be 7 years old in 2 months omgg how time flew!! but like u i always had my parents and my grandma so i had plenty of hands! this time around i still have them of course but i dont live with them anymore =( i got married with my lovely boyfriend who got me pregnant at 17 lol who is my hubby now, we finally got on our own feet about 4 yrs ago when our son was about 3 yrs old and have our own place now...so this time around for our second baby it will just be me him and our oldest son...my parents live like 45 mins away but im still scared cuz ill be by myself it wont be like the first...sorry for my long life story lol but trust me u will be just fine hun! =]

Hello ladies.. sorry i have been MIA lately!! Just had heaps going on.. But life is slowly getting back to normal now.. SLOWLY!!!

Wow i am 25 weeks now! i cant believe it! 15 weeks till our little man makes an appearance!! I am super nervous about the labour part. I really dont want it to be a repeat of my daughters delivery!! i went 38 hours with her... I really dont want to do that again!!!! Fingers crossed things will be different this time around!!

I have started to get things for him for his room. My sister-in-law is going nuts (she lives about 12 hours away from me) at garage sales and markets for us! She is getting everything for us as super super cheap prices and they are next to brand new... She wouldnt get anything shitty or stained or anything for us. So we are spending a 1/4 of what we would have been if we had to buy brand new!! She is a gem! She is posting another box of goodies off today so i will get the items soon. i am soooo excited!!!! Cant wait to see what we have got from her this time!!!

Is anyone else buying 2nd hand things? We have everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) pink from Layla so we need to basically start again for Dustin's room!!! So buying brand new would cost us a fortune!!!!

mines a mixture , i bought a 2nd hand carry cot attachment fo r my existing pushchair thats an exact match , didnt want to pay £100 for something that will hardly be used - got it or£20 of ebay and it in perfect condition :D
my friend moves to the USA next week and has just had a baby so she has stuff she is using now and will need till she goes but wont have time to sell so she is giving me a bouncing chair a breast feeding pillow and a moses and stand .
already have pushchair , cot etc from the other 2 kids
so just need to get clothes , more nappies and i might get some girly bedding maybe
oh and i need a high chair but that can wait a while.

Thank you, guys, for the reassurance! I appreciate it :)
Everyone around me has been trying to calm me down and reassure me that all will be fine.

And thank you winegums :) I love this bassinet. I'm glad my mom kept it for the last 20 years :)

And I'm using both second hand and new. Whatever I can't find in good condition second hand, I have to get new (besides the crib... My parents are buying that new for me)...
It's just a little tough to find anything second hand and in good condition here. I keep looking, but for some reason can't find much other than what friends are giving me (which so far has included a tub, 2 play mats and some random little toys.. And a bottle warmer) :)

I'm buying both..........but 75% is 2nd hand. There is a great shop near me which sells 2nd hand baby clothes and I love it in there. I have been buying stuff off ebay too. Everything I have in newborn size is 2nd hand cos I just don't think he will be in them for long. We are buying a snow suit and sleepsuit new from Mothercare to bring him home in. Thats about it. Cause we are buying clothes that should take him up to 18 months to save money when I am on maternity, I don't think we would actually be able to do it buying all brand new.
I brought a 2nd hand breast pump..............and thats really as far as I have got with buying stuff.

Does anyone know if its ok to blow raspberries on my belly? DD started doing it last night and the baby really responds to it. x

my youngest son blows raspberries on my tummy too and says hello baby i love you its soooooo cute , its fine :)

how iseveryone today , its lousy weather here rainy and cold so we are staying in the warm , kids are printing off pages too colour in off the internet and gluing and sticking etc so its a tip here but they are enjoying theirselves at least lol .

I got the mother and father and brother in law coming this afternoon - lucky me haha

I am debating buying this for baby, what do you think : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...r-4&pf_rd_r=0PCW7VGRF2SYSXXJEMQW&pf_rd_t=101&

ohhhh evewidow that looks sooo funky! only thing that may put me off the mat at the bottom looks very thin, but i spose you could always put it on a blanket etc. i like nice padded ones :p xx

yea good point .. i had a lovely mamas and papas one that was thick for ds1 and 2 but then in my we arent having any more kids phase i got rid of it so need to get a new one , i saw a nice pink one in asda but this looked a bit different and very bright at least plus its £44 intesco so seems a good deal ..ahh what to do.

yeh i think all the shapes colours etc would be very good for baby! but i know my son hated one i bought before that wasnt padded :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->