February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

So...I think I'm going to make the announcement today. We've seen baby 2 times and everything is going GREAT. At this point, anything could happen, true...but it could happen at ANY time. So I'm just going to think positively and let the world know! Dh has to tell his dad first. He was supposed to call him this morning, but didn't. Ugh. Hopefully he calls him at lunch time! THEN I can make my announcement.

LOL yeah, I made my hubby call his mom to tell her right after we got our BFP so that I could tell my grandparents! He told her that he wasn't going to believe the test, but that I was making him tell her! :haha: He was sooooo funny about it, but my grandparents were soooo happy to hear that they were having another great-grandchild!
I was trying to keep it between a few people, but then between feeling nauseous and such I couldn't hide it from my friends and family anymore!

:haha: He finally called his dad so I was able to go ahead and make the announcement on FB. I saw my Grandma was online so I FB IMd her and let her and my Papa know. Since they're at one of my aunts house, they told everyone there!

I love that your Grandma is on FB :)

So...I think I'm going to make the announcement today. We've seen baby 2 times and everything is going GREAT. At this point, anything could happen, true...but it could happen at ANY time. So I'm just going to think positively and let the world know! Dh has to tell his dad first. He was supposed to call him this morning, but didn't. Ugh. Hopefully he calls him at lunch time! THEN I can make my announcement.

LOL yeah, I made my hubby call his mom to tell her right after we got our BFP so that I could tell my grandparents! He told her that he wasn't going to believe the test, but that I was making him tell her! :haha: He was sooooo funny about it, but my grandparents were soooo happy to hear that they were having another great-grandchild!
I was trying to keep it between a few people, but then between feeling nauseous and such I couldn't hide it from my friends and family anymore!

:haha: He finally called his dad so I was able to go ahead and make the announcement on FB. I saw my Grandma was online so I FB IMd her and let her and my Papa know. Since they're at one of my aunts house, they told everyone there!

I love that your Grandma is on FB :)

LOL, I love it too! She's too funny. When she was learning to use it, it was daily laughs at the stuff she'd do. She's much better now!!

Welcome to all the new members ~ Lovely to have you join us & congrats :baby:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loving all the lovely scan pictures Girls :cloud9: Thanks for sharing them

Thank you for the warm welcome :)
This is my second baby... My first is not such a baby anymore, she's 12 and already excited about a new baby in the family! This pregnancy feels very "first" though - it's been along time since I've been pregnant :)

My 'baby' (firstborn) is now 18 years old! :haha:

Are there any of us apart from me that hasn't had their first scan yet? I'm still waiting for my scan date etc to come through...wish it'd hurry up! I want to start buying things! Not even heard from the midwife!
I have got my NHS prescription exemption certificate thingy through today though :)

How's everyone feeling? Morning sickness stopped yet?

Im waiting for my 12 week scan, but have a date :happydance: 4th August

Hope yours hurrys up :thumbup:

Oh & nope, morning sickness still going strong :wacko: How about you?

Anyone have any luck with the fetal heart Doppler? :shrug:
I know it's still wicked early but I found my sons before now. I'm not concerned or anything like that but I just wanted to know if anyone was successful at finding baby's heartbeat?

Not yet ~ Had a try a few nights back...But im sure its just still too early :winkwink: Might have another try at 10 weeks

I saw my Grandma was online so I FB IMd her and let her and my Papa know. Since they're at one of my aunts house, they told everyone there!

What a funky Grandma you have ~ Love it

I certainly couldnt see my Grandma on the internet! :comp::haha:

Well, another boring midwife appointment for me today. Urine sample, weight, blood pressure, etc. etc. etc. We went over what they'll do at my ultrasound next week, and had it moved a day further (so that Hubby can come!), and she said they'll do bloodwork then as well.

As for a heartbeat, she says it's WAY too early to hear it, and didn't even want to bother. I feel bad for hubby because he worked last night and works again tonight and didn't sleep at all during the day because he was coming to this appointment hoping we could hear the heartbeat. *sigh*

She did say that my uterus is behind my pubic bone (without checking) and that's why we can't hear the heartbeat, but I had a nurse feel my uterus (and we could both feel it) at 8 weeks, so I found that a bit odd.

I'm really getting anxious now that I've had no actual PROOF that there's a live little baby in there. I'll be 12 weeks by my ultrasound, and that seems like a long way to go before even finding out if everything is actually okay!

I have heard my LO's heartbeat since 9 weeks but not every time. Some days it's just impossible - it's so small right now it can wriggle away easily!

I know it's frustrating to wait but it's not long now. x

i have my scan at 3pm today :dance: (its nearly 10am here) :dance: so so excited :happydance:

MW appointment today..excited to take out the new buggy...not excited that she'll be taking my blood.
I have very small hidden veins so it's very difficult to get blood out. When Liam was born...a surgeon had to make 10 attempts to get a line into my vein incase I needed anything in an emergency. I was left covered in bruises from collasped veins. Then when it came to using the line later because I needed a blood transfusion, they couldn't get anything flowing through it so had to do another one :(
So yep..I'm dreading seeing the mw today.

Last night I had terrible heartburn. Didn't get that with Liam, I am CONVINCED I'm having a girl!

Tiger, how did your scan go?

Like Junebugs, my MS just seems to be getting worse. I haven't thrown up yet but it's been real close. Yuck! I was hoping it would start to ease off as I'm going to California for 3 weeks on the 17th. Well...still have a week for that to happen!!

Excited though as today is my 2nd scan!! We'll set the correct dates today! I'm hoping baby was just curled up a bit more last time and will be stretched this time. I don't want to feel like I'm going backwards even though I know a few days doesn't matter much!!!

Mine too! Just seems to be getting worse :nope::cry:I threw up 3 times yesterday and I was lucky to be driven home from work by a very kind colleague. I literally crawled into bed in the evening...I was so optimistic after a relatively decent weekend (only threw up once),but Monday blues hit me real hard.

I'm feeling good so far today. But usually MS doesn't hit until later in the day. Yesterday it was horrible all day! I'm sorry yours was too!! :hugs: Hopefully it tapers off soon!!

:hugs: hoping yours gets better too.

I just keep worrying about the little one inside...is she/he getting enough nutrition if i keep throwing up likethis?

Any ladies who have had children before this with bad MS, can you help? Would really appreciate any soothing words :nope:

is this normal?

I dont remember ever experiencing this with charlie but got a really tight, only way i can describe it is stretching feeling in my tummy, Im only 7+4 but really worried as been so sick this time and starting to worry baby isnt there anymore :cry:

Argh why haven't I heard from MW yet?! Everyone else seems to have had loads of appointments and scans and I've got nothing :(
Getting a bit annoyed.I want to see my baby! And OH is desperate to see him/her too!

my scan went great :dance:
bub is measuring spot on for dates :dance: strong heartbeat that we even got to hear at 163bpm :dance: ill upload pics tomorrow (its 830pm here at the moment), but bean is mostly just that... a bean at the moment haha :haha: but you can see little arms and legs forming :happydance: so happy with how it went

Tiger- congrats!! So happy for you! Can't wait to see pics :)

Jillypoop- ugh I'm sorry so frustrating! I hope your MW calls you soon!!! FX!

Emmadaisy- I felt that and am still feeling it occasionally. I think it's your muscles and uterus preparing to make more room! Good luck :)

I have heard my LO's heartbeat since 9 weeks but not every time. Some days it's just impossible - it's so small right now it can wriggle away easily!

Ooooh you're making me want to rent one so bad! I'm just so afraid I'll get freaked out if I can't find it! But if I do find it it would be such a treat :) :) our next ultrasound is at 11+3, in three weeks, but I'd love to try the Doppler at 10 weeks. Am I crazy?

Saw MW. She took my blood. Was quite a struggle.
She tried my left arm first and F*CK it hurt!! She couldn't get into the vein properly and now I'm going to get a bruise. It hurt much more than it usually does!
So I told her she has one chance with my right arm and if it doesn't work she can just give me a card to go to the hospital and have it done. Luckily she managed to get it out that time though. I went quite faint afterwards and had to have some food an water.
OH had to push Liam home because my arms are SOOO sore!

But Oh well..I got myself a box of maltesers as a treat for being such a brave girl :D

Hows everyone feeling today?
x

Ooooh you're making me want to rent one so bad! I'm just so afraid I'll get freaked out if I can't find it! But if I do find it it would be such a treat :) :) our next ultrasound is at 11+3, in three weeks, but I'd love to try the Doppler at 10 weeks. Am I crazy?

My MW reckons you can't hear it this early..and that at my 18 week appointment she will try but said even then it could be difficult to find.

Just back from my scan need to go to work but just enough time to pop these on. Bean is doing really well was wiggling all over the plae, didn't hear the heartbeat, just saw it on the screen and confirmed as 12+1. Only bad side EDD confirmed as 24th Jan I'm not a feb valentine anymore :nope:

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 10
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics