February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

We used cloth on Abbie.... my advice is try lots of options before sinking a lot of money into just one system. What seems like an excellent deal could end up being completely the wrong fit for your baby and so a big waste in the long run.

You could try pre-loved bargains from here or cloth nappy tree to begin with too... see what works!

We are currently using a little of everything. It's mostly fuzzi buns one size. We found the largest savings doing the one size diapers. Those are nice bc they not only have the rise adjustment but they also have an adjustment for the legs and the waist, so it makes a very nice fit, and if it leaks it just means you have to readjust bc if they are set correctly then they won't leak.

We do use some old school prefolds and covers, but not usually.
I bought some of this cute pattern "eBay cheepies". They are so adorable (one size for those too) but we don't use those at night bc they leak, but for the day time they are fine and you can buy them for $5! Which is the best deal ever!!!

I hear BumGenus 4.0 are the best out there for overnights, but I also hear bad stuff about the Velcro tabs getting messed up in the wash. We just bought some Happy
Heinys one size diaper. They use Velcro but it has an aplix which makes for an even nicer fit and they put safety guards on the Velcro so it doesn't get messed up in the wash. I sent sooooo many hours reading about diapers and that's what I've concluded :thumbup:

We will not be team yellow, because hub and I are way too impatient. LOL I admire all of you who can resist!

Thanks for the tip Spark! I have a yoga DVD on its way so hopefully that'll help! :D

YAY for good scans for our two ladies today. PICTURESSSSS. :haha: Clearly I'm so patient. ;D

Alright here's the pictures.... guess are welcome :)

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/033.jpg
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/027.jpg
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/023.jpg
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/020.jpg

what a beautiful scan !!!
i dont get another one until my 20 weeks because i had one at 8 weeks :( but..... ive booked a private 3D scan for when im 16 weeks :dance: i cant wait, i had a 3D with jesse too, but i was 27 weeks and it was amazing ! he looked exactly the way the photos looked when he was born ! i was so stunned.
anyway i had THE most realistic dream last night. i had a dream that i had my bub and it was a girl !!! ( just so every one knows, i will love my baby no matter if its a boy or girl, it doesnt matter, but since this will be our last bub because i cant do this hyperemesis thing again, we would like a girl, which is highly unlikely as there are NO girls in DH's family lol). anyway, she was 8lb 11oz (jesse was 9lb at 42 weeks), and she was 53cm long and perfect :cloud9: we named her holly :cloud9: i cant wait to find out what we are having :dance: i would love a girl, but would love a boy too, because i think boys will be much easier to handle when older lol !!!
anyway im rambling. its 9am here at the moment and i was so ill that last night i told jonno he had to look after jesse for me and i was asleep by 730 :wacko:

ooh I love your scans Junebugs! My little limes were scanned today and everything is just perfect, got to hear the heartbeats and watch baby B dance on baby A a bit. They did a brief look with the 3D one as well and gave me a picture.. It's almost sunken in that I'm going to be a mommy!!!

Attachments

• twins 11 wks pic1.jpg
    twins 11 wks pic1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15
  • twins 11 wks 3d.jpg
    twins 11 wks 3d.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 17
i love everyones scan pictures!! :cloud9:

tiger, be careful getting your 3D done at 16 weeks. We went at 17 weeks with isaiah and he was just all skin and bones, and basically looked like an alien haha. I mean, of course we loved seeing him, but i wished we would have waited at least until 24 weeks. They change a lot and that early on they are basically just bones. Just a warning ;)

Oh and i think someone mentioned about carriers....we have tried pretty much every carrier out there and here are my tops. For when they are wee little, the Moby Wrap, is the best-hands down. Once they get to be about 15-18lbs the Ergo was THE BEST. It was the only one that didn't hurt me because the weight is evenlly distrubted. We tried a ton others. Eventually they start hurting-the crotch carriers, after about 12lbs your shoulders WILL hurt.

ooh I love your scans Junebugs! My little limes were scanned today and everything is just perfect, got to hear the heartbeats and watch baby B dance on baby A a bit. They did a brief look with the 3D one as well and gave me a picture.. It's almost sunken in that I'm going to be a mommy!!!

So cute!! i love twin scans.

Tobaira and Junebugs- the scans are so great!!!!!! I love looking at them! :) :) you must feel amazing!! Congrats!

Tiger- I was going to say the sane thing about the 3D scans, I heard they're best a little further along because they look more baby like. But that bring said I'd probably book one too because there is no way I could wait until 20weeks for another ultrasound if I were you! You must be very excited and counting down the weeks :)

Ladies this might be redundant, but since we've been here a couple months now and this thread is several hundred pages long I feel like I know you all, but I forget some of the details and intros we did at the beginning. Anyway we could have a refresher introduction now that we've been together for a while? I'll start!

Name: Jokerette (Amy)
Due date: Feb 19
SO details: husband of 4 years, we've been together for 12 years
Other children: none
Profession: elementary school teacher
Other fun facts:

guppy, jokerette - maybe you guys are right :( the one we had at 27 weeks was amazing but we wanted to find out the sex earlier than 20 weeks :( and it seems so far away :(
Name: Tiger (Kristyn)
Due date: Feb 22
SO details: Husband of 10months, been together nearly 5 years (we met when i was 15 lol. hes 4 years older than me)
Other children: 1 , jesse, 16 months (kind of sounds odd saying im only 20 but expecting my 2nd!)
Profession: SAHM
Other fun facts:
I LOVE showers,it is the only 'me' time i get these days as we moved away from all of my friends, so i love to lie in the shower and relax and not have to worry about my toddler for a bit lol.
I love fishing.

Alright here's the pictures.... guess are welcome :)

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/033.jpg
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/027.jpg
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/023.jpg
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/020.jpg

FANTASTIC SCAN. Hope to post mine tonight!

I LOVE showers,it is the only 'me' time i get these days as we moved away from all of my friends, so i love to lie in the shower and relax and not have to worry about my toddler for a bit lol.
I love fishing.
just wanted to say ME TOO! sometimes I take 2 in the same day just to stand on the hotwater :)

guppy, jokerette - maybe you guys are right :( the one we had at 27 weeks was amazing but we wanted to find out the sex earlier than 20 weeks :( and it seems so far away :(

Aww hun, i think if you are okay with it and you want to know ahead of time, i say go for it! Thats exactly why we went with DS. My 20 week scan wasn't until 22 weeks and we were relocating and i wanted the baby shower before we moved 10 hrs away, so thats why we had a 3D done. the tech couldnt do too much in 3D just because its hard with a baby at that stage BUT i say if you want to know then go for it hun :D I still loved our experience. The only thing i wished is that i would have had another when i was like 28 weeks just so i knew his facial features and stuff, but i dont regret going :hugs:

Name: Stephanie
Due date: Feb 22
Location: Coastal New Hampshire, USA (hour and a half from Boston, Mass ;))
SO details: Husband for 3.5 years. high School sweethearts :wedding: together for 7 years.
Other children: one angel and one DS (Isaiah-10 months)
Profession: SAHM but prior i have had a job in Rehab with drugs and alocohol also, i worked rehabilitating children with disabilities, specifically Autism, PDD-NOS
Other fun facts: I am a birth doula, a child birth educator, and i have degree from Penn State in Rehabilitation & Human Services as well as Psychology :) I love to learn....hate tests though :dohh:

Name: Camille (Junebugs)
Due date: Feb 5th
SO details: husband of 1 year. Been together 5 years
Other children: none
Profession: Veterinary Nurse
Other fun facts: My husband and i met over our love for Motorcycles. He is a prof. stunter, i.e. does wheelies and FMX not a stunt man( but only does side jobs on the weekends). I have just recently put my motorcycle aside for us to have a family. Sad but TOTALLY worth it!!!!

junebugs - my uncle was a stunty ! in movies and at theme parks etc but he died 15 years ago.
and my family are also into bike ! my mum n dad ride harleys :D i grew up going on rides etc

junebugs - my uncle was a stunty ! in movies and at theme parks etc but he died 15 years ago.
and my family are also into bike ! my mum n dad ride harleys :D i grew up going on rides etc

That's awesome! Did you ever learn how to ride? I have a sports bike, track bike and dirt bike but i love harleys also.

Tiger, don't feel bad about being on #2 at 20, I am on #3 at 21!

Name: Desiree (TeQuiero)
Due date: Feb 10
SO details: Husband of 3 1/2 yrs, together for 4 (married after 7 months of dating)
Other children: Grant (5, had at 15, almost 16 his father left when he was 4 MO) Tony (2, with DH)
Profession: SAHM going to online college for billing and coding
Other fun facts: If it wasn't for my best friend locking me in DH's room when we first started dating I would not be married to him today, and he said ILY before me (only because the same day I told my best friend I wanted to say it and she said I would scare him) :haha: I love to bake with my SIL, and we had to bake 200 cupcakes (in 5 flavors) for my moms wedding in April... but we were told that ours were better than a lady who is paid to make cupcakes for a living! :happydance: yay for us

Great scan pics ladies!!!

I'm doing this from my phone so let's see how it goes. ;)

Name: swanxxsong (Vicky)
Due date: Feb 7
SO details: we have been together for almost 9 years, married for almost 3. We got married on the anniversary of our first date, actually. :)
Other children: we have a furbaby - a rat terrier named Shannon
Profession: I work as an admin, yay economy, but my degree is in PR
Other fun facts: I love to horseback ride, read and take pictures. I feel like I'm getting too old too fast. That's not really fun though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->