February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Name: BabyClements (Priscilla)
Due date: Feb 14th
SO details: Married 3 years, met when my hubby (from Texas) was in Iraq working as a contractor and he was on R&R in Ireland, we met in a pub and dated long distance for awhile - on and off and then got back together 4 years ago, he moved to Ireland for 2 years and then we moved back to Texas to set up home and have our family :) :plane:
Other children: First baby, have two fur babies a black laba nd white terrier
Profession:Admin - BA degree in Theology and Psycology
Other fun facts: We started to TTC May and fell pregnant the first month! :O My hubby now believes he has Superman Sperm :) :spermy:
Oh and we are staying team :yellow:

Had MW this morning... biggest waste of time, energy and fuel EVER. I should just have given it a skip. :lol:

I know ~ I thought all my midwife appointments with DD were a complete waste of time....Especially when they were running half an hour late & then you were in there for a few minutes! :dohh:

But I suppose they just need to keep an eye on us :awww:

Going on nub theory I'm thinking :blue:

ETA: Argh just looked again and now thinking :pink: ....I'm not sure lol

LOL... i am the EXACT same thinking as you are right now... i though i could see a boy nub but it looks like a girl to me aswell.

It is so nice to hear (ummm....read?) all of the information about you all! It is amazing how much many of us have in common!!

I know ~ I thought all my midwife appointments with DD were a complete waste of time....Especially when they were running half an hour late & then you were in there for a few minutes! :dohh:

But I suppose they just need to keep an eye on us :awww:

I wouldn't have cared if they had done SOMETHING. Was in, they dipped my urine, handed it back, told me they'd see me in 9 weeks and sent me on my merry way.

Ah well, consultant-linked midwife tomorrow evening so she'll likely be a bit more thorough. :lol:

I wouldn't have cared if they had done SOMETHING. Was in, they dipped my urine, handed it back, told me they'd see me in 9 weeks and sent me on my merry way.

Ah well, consultant-linked midwife tomorrow evening so she'll likely be a bit more thorough. :lol:

Yep ~ Thats pretty normal, until your a bit farther gone & then they will listen to the heartbeat too :winkwink:

Im sure with my other kids, the appointments were a bit better....Cutbacks I assume :dohh:

Good luck for tommorows app :thumbup:

Name: Tobi
Due date: Feb 14th
SO details: Married 3 years, been together 5
Other children: None.
Profession: Quality Assurance Analyst (i.e. I stare at spreadsheets on a computer all day)
Other fun facts: tech said she's pretty sure we're having fraternal twins, SO is an identical twin (which is not genetic) - and we have no twins on my side so apparently this is my body's way of saying "you're not getting any younger" lol!

ooh swan hope your visit goes well
sorry to hear about your strep guppy :(

Okay, so I had my appointment. Found baby's heartbeat right off the bat, huzzah!

But I posted another question here: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...-weeks-uterus-measures-16-a.html#post11904911

I'm trying not to be concerned, but I am, admittedly confused. wtf. lol.

Hey ladies.. have my appt tom morning.. hoping all goes well.. wont do much.. just a general checkup.. should be able to make my 12 week scan appt.. :)

Swan- YAY on finding the HB!!! that is always the best sound in the world isn't it!! :)

Lilrojo- I am sure everything we go well with your appt. !

Eee Lilrojo, exciting!! :D

Ahhh Junebugs, yes it was amazing! Granted, I'd love to know why she thinks my uterus is so big, but nothing will shatter my excitement. 12 weeks and continuing onward! :dance: I'm finally making a baby purchase sometime this week. It's time for me to relish the moment!!

Eee Lilrojo, exciting!! :D

Ahhh Junebugs, yes it was amazing! Granted, I'd love to know why she thinks my uterus is so big, but nothing will shatter my excitement. 12 weeks and continuing onward! :dance: I'm finally making a baby purchase sometime this week. It's time for me to relish the moment!!

I have no idea why that would be? You have a scan on Thursday right? I guess you'll see then but i am sure everything is fine with the baby!! :)

I just bough a crib and change table! I felt so weird buying it so soon but it was such a good deal i had to!!

My sister said she's highly banking on her measuring wrong, since she wasn't INSIDE, just pressing on my stomach. She said take that with a grain of salt in the future. So now I know, and feel a little silly posting an immediate panic thread but whatever. It's first trimester, I'm allowed, right? ;D hahaha. But Thursday they'll look and at 9 weeks they saw nothing out of the ordinary. So I'm not worried.

Ahhh that's awesome! I know where I want to get my crib, and which crib I want, just need to get around to purchasing it. But hub wants to wait until he paints the nursery. So hopefully soon!

My sister said she's highly banking on her measuring wrong, since she wasn't INSIDE, just pressing on my stomach. She said take that with a grain of salt in the future. So now I know, and feel a little silly posting an immediate panic thread but whatever. It's first trimester, I'm allowed, right? ;D hahaha. But Thursday they'll look and at 9 weeks they saw nothing out of the ordinary. So I'm not worried.

Ahhh that's awesome! I know where I want to get my crib, and which crib I want, just need to get around to purchasing it. But hub wants to wait until he paints the nursery. So hopefully soon!

That is so true, they are only feeling from the outside, they really can't be sure what is going on from the inside. What if your uterus is just tilting more forward, therefore it would feel like you are farther along from the outside but on the inside your uterus is just right. The ultrasound will be the best way to know, they will take measurements.

Good to know, thanks for the reassurance! :D I am so glad I have a scan soon, I'm impatient to see bean! :( lol

:flower: I wanted to personally thank each and every one of you for your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers during this time. I will carry them with me to TTC and hopefully you will all see me in the First Trimester Threads soon as you make your way to 2nd Trimester!

:hugs: and Thanks AMANDA, JUNEBUGS, BECSTAR, SPARKLEZ, TEQUIERO, DIANA, KELLY, GEOGEM, MRSRAGGLE, ENGINEERGIRL, TIGER, and SWAN!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy remaining 7 mos! Forehead kisses to all of your little "Love" and Leap Year babies! It has been a pleasure.

You made me cry... I so hope to see your bfp announcement soon. X

Yeay I got my scan date - next Thursday, I'll be 12 + 4. Soooo excited!!!!

Wierd question - will I know when I can feel my uterus? My tummy is rock hard at the moment and huge, but I'm fairly sure it's just gas (I have IBS so I'm gassy at the best of times!!). Is it obvious when the uterus pops up?

Name: Monkeydo/Melanie
Due date: Feb 12th
SO details: together 10 years, married for 7 weeks
Other children: none
Profession: child protection solicitor
Other fun facts: I DIYed and self catered my own wedding. Everyone said it was impossible but I did it and I loved it and it was awesome :). I also love knitting.

I have my scan at 9.20 tomorrow. I'm so scared! I know there's something in there because I have heard the heartbeat, but I am so nervous.

Am I the only one that seems to have an idiot for a doctor?

We went to my drs the day we got the positive test, which was a month ago this coming Friday and not heard anything from midwife. I got really stressed about it and rang my doctors today and explained the situation. I expected an apology but the receptionist just said "I'll give you the midwives number and you can arrange it yourself"

If I'd have been told that 4 weeks ago we'd have had our appointment with MW and potentially had a scan or if not we'd at least have the date for it!

Soooo angry! Dr apparently forgot to do paperwork too so the midwife needs to ring me about that too.

Grrrr grr grrr!

Sorry guys I know I don't post much but just had to vent!!! I knew I should have rang earlier but I thought there was just lots of backlog!

How's everyone else today? It's so nice and sunny, wish I could enjoy it but just had a long relaxing shower and I'm knackered so thinking a quick nap might be in order!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->