February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Thanks ladies.. im excited.. always fun to touch base with the drs.. makes time go a bit faster... I cant wait to be where you ladies are.. still 3 weeks to go before im 12... Cant wait.. I had my first miscarriage at 12 weeks so to pass that will be amazing..

Have fun shopping swan.. thats the most fun.. :)

Were staying team yellow too.. :)

Am I the only one that seems to have an idiot for a doctor?

We went to my drs the day we got the positive test, which was a month ago this coming Friday and not heard anything from midwife. I got really stressed about it and rang my doctors today and explained the situation. I expected an apology but the receptionist just said "I'll give you the midwives number and you can arrange it yourself"

If I'd have been told that 4 weeks ago we'd have had our appointment with MW and potentially had a scan or if not we'd at least have the date for it!

Soooo angry! Dr apparently forgot to do paperwork too so the midwife needs to ring me about that too.

Grrrr grr grrr!

Sorry guys I know I don't post much but just had to vent!!! I knew I should have rang earlier but I thought there was just lots of backlog!

How's everyone else today? It's so nice and sunny, wish I could enjoy it but just had a long relaxing shower and I'm knackered so thinking a quick nap might be in order!

X

Oh hun!!! I am so sorry for what you are going through! I know i have had to deal with some idiot Drs. before, that is so unfair and now you will prob. have to wait even longer to get into your Midwife. I would call her yourself and explain what is going on and ask her if you can get in as soon as possible. It's not fair that you have to suffer because your Dr. forgot to send in the sheets.

We went and bought some clothes I can grow into for work. We found a great maternity/baby consignment shop near the house we're moving into. The clothes are in great condition and reasonably priced. They also have a coupon for $5 off purchases of $20 or more for first time customers and punch cards to get $10 off after you've spent $100. I got a couple of tops and a few bottoms, and it was fun to try them on with the belly form :)

junebugs - my uncle was a stunty ! in movies and at theme parks etc but he died 15 years ago.
and my family are also into bike ! my mum n dad ride harleys :D i grew up going on rides etc

That's awesome! Did you ever learn how to ride? I have a sports bike, track bike and dirt bike but i love harleys also.

i would have learnt to ride earlier but after i fell pregnant with jesse i kind of forgot about it tbh :haha: my sister rides a ninja though (hoping you know what that is) and my mum also has a triumph.
writing that down, it sounds like my mum n dad are rich, but they arent :haha:

Oh, well i think you still have lots of time to learn ;) .. Ya i owned a Ninja for my first bike but now i have a Yamaha R1. Triumphs are AMAZING BIKES..... i LOVE them!

Ooo that's awesome Vegta! I wish we had one of those around here! xD

We announced our news on FB,
Put up a pic of two little onsies we bought at the weekend and said "Danial and I did some essential shopping this weekend......"
Enjoying seeing all the shocked comments come in :) :)

We live in the USA and I am from Ireland so only way I could announce to a lot and get well wishes :D

Lime TODAY too :D YAY:dance::headspin::wohoo::loopy:\\:D/:mrgreen:

Hope everyone is doing good! :cloud9:

ooh I love your scans Junebugs! My little limes were scanned today and everything is just perfect, got to hear the heartbeats and watch baby B dance on baby A a bit. They did a brief look with the 3D one as well and gave me a picture.. It's almost sunken in that I'm going to be a mommy!!!

AWESOME scan pic of twins! :hugs:

Put up a pic of two little onsies we bought at the weekend and said "Danial and I did some essential shopping this weekend......"

We live in the USA and I am from Ireland so only way I could announce to a lot and get well wishes :D

:yipee: Congrats :wohoo:

:yipee: Congrats :wohoo:

Hey you are a LIME too :D :D :D :happydance::thumbup:
Yey for you :D

So nice to be reintroduced to everyone!!! Seems like have a lot from the USA and UK... so a nice little mix here :)

Guppy051708-
We are pretty close. I am on vacation now on Lake Winnipesaukee for the week :) PS- So sorry you feel like you have strep! :( did you get a culture done?

Junebugs- My hubby rides a motorcycle too! I got my license back in 2005, but after only a few months of riding I got in an accident and flipped the bike. I still ride as a passenger but I'm all done being the driver. Hubby was just talking about selling his bike though because we dont ride as much as we used to, and i obviously am not riding at all this summer!

TeQuiero- I love that your best friend locked you in DH's room! I guess she had a feeling :) Also, I love Myrtle Beach!

swanxxsong- thats really neat that you got married on the anniversary of your first date! its normal to be nervous, but hopefully after this one you can rest more easy since you'll be out of the first trimester. Im so glad they found the heartbeat right away! Unfortunately I dont really know much about the uterus size vs. baby size... but I'm glad to hear tour baby is measuring right on track!

lilrojo- that is so happy to hear that you got pregnant so quickly after a MC! I am so sorry for your loss, but it led you here today and we are so glad to have you in the Feb group :)

JohnsPrincess- That will be pretty neat having a little one with stepssons who are teenagers! :)

KellyC75- Together for 16 years, and married for 3! :) Who kept who waiting ;) hee hee Thanks again for always commenting and posting, i love reading your comments

amandad192- Sounds like your OH really came into your life when you needed it. Thats wonderful! like a knight in shining armor. Its so nice to hear a love story like that! 17 when you first started TTC... you dont hear that often but I'm so happy for you that you and OH have such a happy little family :)

tiggertea- You and swansong both got married on your anniversary! That is so neat! Abbie, in your avatar is gorgeous! Sorry your MW was a waste of time. Will you continue to see a MW?

Natasha2605- your baby Summer looks adorable :) I'm happy for you that you did not have to TTc very long before coming to First Trimester boards! Its so nice that you two never argue

BabyAngelic- I LOVE being pregnant too :) Its such a gift! So I bet your two furbabies will love having another little one to join them! hee hee

Laidee- happy you are happy about the BFP!!!!

Finny88- Why the 17th? :) Is it a special date?

babyclements- Was your OH from Ireland, or were you from Ireland? what brought you to Texas? The weather and geography must be pretty different! Very cool about your FB announcment!!! I cant wait to do that! All the comments must be so fun to read and re-read! :) Its almost better than calling people because you can relive it by re-reading! We are announcing on FB in 8 days after our next scan. Congrats on being a lime!

Tobaira- Cant wait to follow your twin journey along the way! I thought from the look of the last ultrasound that your two little babies looked like they were in the same sac... and i thought that was identical twins, but i really have no idea. It was just what I assumed :)

monkeydo- very cool that you DIY wedding! You could creative and organized! I bet your baby's nursery will be amazing and out of a magazine :)

becstar- good luck tomorrow! cant wait to hear about your ultrasound and hopefully see some photos!

jillypoop- GRRR!! I am so frustrated for you!! i hope they can get you in quick for your first scan then! How annoying you must have been going crazy waiting! its good you called

Jokerette - Lake Winnipesaukee as in, the movie What about Bob? :haha: IDK if anyone’s ever seen or heard of it, but it’s a pretty funny movie and it takes place up there. I had no idea it was a real place! And thank you! :hugs: I’m more relaxed now, just waiting for Thursday. =) What will be will be, eh? Enjoy vacation!

Jokerette - Lake Winnipesaukee as in, the movie What about Bob? :haha: IDK if anyone’s ever seen or heard of it, but it’s a pretty funny movie and it takes place up there. I had no idea it was a real place! And thank you! :hugs: I’m more relaxed now, just waiting for Thursday. =) What will be will be, eh? Enjoy vacation!

HAHA! Yes! the one and only from What About Bob! I love that movie, very funny. I remember watching it when I was a kid. It is in NH. It's the biggest lake in the state, about 21 miles long. :) We are "trapped" on an island for a week, with a boat of course, but we mostly just relax and enjoy some quality time. (When I am not on BnB!)

I am the only one from Canada :( lol

Jokerette- That is great!!I love meeting new people that ride, to bad about the accident thou. I will most likely be selling my bike this summer because i won't be riding for a while now. My husband will still be keeping his bikes thou.

OK i have a question for all you ladies.... at 12 weeks pregnany how much can you be lifting safely? I am at work right now and i just had to help a dog up the stairs because she couldn't walk that well, (just had surgery). The dog is 100LBS, i was not lifting all that weight because the dog was still walking a bit but i had to help him by pulling up the stairs. After it was done, i feel ok but i thought "i don't think i should be really be doing that."

I was in the attic today moving boxes around - my body soon lets me know if i did too much! oh BTW MS in the shower - not much fun!

OK i have a question for all you ladies.... at 12 weeks pregnany how much can you be lifting safely? I am at work right now and i just had to help a dog up the stairs because she couldn't walk that well, (just had surgery). The dog is 100LBS, i was not lifting all that weight because the dog was still walking a bit but i had to help him by pulling up the stairs. After it was done, i feel ok but i thought "i don't think i should be really be doing that."

I asked my Dr on Friday about a safe heart rate for working out, then she told me not to lift weight over 25lbs. I thought this was very light though. On the other hand I think 100lbs might be a little heavy!

Jokerette - yes, I'll continue with the midwife at my GP's request (they like to keep a record at my doctor's office as well as hospital/consultant we're seeing privately).
I don't know why I'm surprised really, but it IS even worse now than it was with my daughter (and I thought then that the NHS care I received was shocking... but I won't start that rant now! :lol:)
Thank you for your kind compliment about Abbie. I think she's fab... but then I AM biased! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->