February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ah Jokerette, that sounds lovely! That’s one of my favorite Bill Murray movies… hilarious! And from what I’ve seen, it’s beautiful up there. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!! I’m not jealous at all. :haha: ;)

Sorry Junebugs, I have no idea the limitations on weight lifting and such. I’d say 100 pounds would definitely be too much, however like you said, you didn’t lift the dog off its feet so it’s difficult for me to interpret how much ‘weight’ you were really pulling, versus how much he moved on his own. I know that if I overdo anything, baby informs me as I feel crappy and crampy when I am. I was at the barn on Saturday and although I didn’t lift anything (or ride), I started feeling it when it was time for me to leave. Between the heat and the waddling around taking horses for walks and cool baths, my body knew when to call it quits.

Glad you had a good appointment, Tiger, and that everything is going well! And holy weight loss! :O That’s impressive!

Congrats on becoming an olive, Geogem! And don’t say that – like you said, progress is progress. I love watching everyone’s tickers change, because it’s fun. ;) I’m not a stalker at all, no no no. :haha:

Oh no, RJ2, sorry to hear of the infection but glad you’re doing better, and that the baby is fine too! :hugs: Rest up and hope you’re feeling recovered soon!

Aw Becstar, love the pic! Beautiful! And sorry, I know zippo about nubs so I’m no help there. =(

SCAN TOMORROW! EEEE I cannot wait. 7:30am needs to hurry up already… and I never in my life expected those words to come out of my mouth. ROFL.

Where’s my scan twin(s)? :D

:wave:! I got my scan today......Going to try upload it from home, but got to say it was the BEST 10 minute movie in the world!!!!
Baby seemed to be practising yoga inside the belly , all flappy arms and tiny feet, really such a difference from the 8 week scan. the NT result all looks normal, so just waiting for the result of my bloodwork. HUGELY relieved. :thumbup::flower::cloud9:

Hi Ladies-

I couldn't make it on for a few days due to a busy work week and WOW, a lot goes on here! No way to catch up with everything, so to recap: WELCOME to the new members and HUGS to those with sickness/losses.

Name: Diana
Due date: Feb 10
SO details: husband of 3 years, we've been together for 9 years
Other children: this is the first!
Profession: graphic designer for a wine company
Other fun facts: "Mom" to a 3yr old Shih Tzu who's spoiled rotten! :)

Question for the crowd-
Is anyone else having a horrible time eating meats? Chicken, beef, you name it. I have to practically force it down. The smell of it cooking is disgusting and the taste of it is just so.... bleh. Any suggestions? I want to make sure the babes is getting enough protein!

Hi Diana! Join the club! I have been an honorary vegetarian since the day i hit 6 weeks....bloody impossible to look at meat. I stayed off meat all through until 12 weeks.

Just today, I tried to be brave because was too freaked out over baby not getting protein.I ate chicken today, but honestly, i think it was like swallowing a pill. Really really hard. Been eating eggs in the morning (boiled with lotsof cheese) and thats been easier. Eggs +milk +cottage cheese once a week is how i am dealing with it....not an ideal solution. but as my mum keeps reminding me, THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!:dohh:

Question for the crowd-
Is anyone else having a horrible time eating meats? Chicken, beef, you name it. I have to practically force it down. The smell of it cooking is disgusting and the taste of it is just so.... bleh. Any suggestions? I want to make sure the babes is getting enough protein!

Ive been a Veggie for over 20 years & all my babys have been born at very good weights :baby: Im sure your LO will be fine

Ask your midwife or Doctor for advice on what to eat :thumbup: They are normally very good

VERY good to know...thanks!!:thumbup:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Leaving for my scan in a few minutes. I don't think I've ever been so excited and awake at 6:30 am before in my life! xDDDD

:wave:! I got my scan today......Going to try upload it from home, but got to say it was the BEST 10 minute movie in the world!!!!
Baby seemed to be practising yoga inside the belly , all flappy arms and tiny feet, really such a difference from the 8 week scan. the NT result all looks normal, so just waiting for the result of my bloodwork. HUGELY relieved. :thumbup::flower::cloud9:

Awesome :cloud9: So pleased all went well :baby: :yipee:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Leaving for my scan in a few minutes. I don't think I've ever been so excited and awake at 6:30 am before in my life! xDDDD

:wohoo: Im so excited for you :yipee: Cant wait to hear all about it :happydance:

Name: EngineerGirl
Due date: Feb 28 (one day off my original estimate)
SO details: married for 21 months
Other children: this is our first baby!
Profession: software engineer
Other fun facts: studied both computer science and English writing in college, love to cook and bake

In other news, my morning sickness is trying to take revenge on me for staying up late last night to go to a concert. Dinner still needs making and all I want to do is go drive that porcelain bus. Ugh. 3 weeks down of ms and I'm ready for the fun part of pregnancy to start! Here's hoping Baby's doing well through it all.

Great to see some scan pics!

Hi and Welcome! :hugs:

Hi Ladies-

I couldn't make it on for a few days due to a busy work week and WOW, a lot goes on here! No way to catch up with everything, so to recap: WELCOME to the new members and HUGS to those with sickness/losses.

Name: Diana
Due date: Feb 10
SO details: husband of 3 years, we've been together for 9 years
Other children: this is the first!
Profession: graphic designer for a wine company
Other fun facts: "Mom" to a 3yr old Shih Tzu who's spoiled rotten! :)

Question for the crowd-

can you stomach eggs or peanut butter? those are pretty decent sources of protein :)

I actually forgot about PB - I can stomach some of that... and DH keeps saying I need to eat more eggs, so I'll have to work on it. It's just so hard! The only thing that tastes good is milk! lol :shrug:

kbkb, can't wait to see your video!
I miss seeing my little bean!

Here is my info!

Name: Jennifer or BeachComber haha!:haha:
Due date: Feb. 16th
SO details: Husband of 8 years, together for 15 years!
Other children: this is number 4! We have a 10 yr old dd, 8 yr old ds and 5 yr old ds.
Profession: project coordinator for SEO company. I work from home.:thumbup:
Other fun facts: I love being at the beach, cooking, and graphic design!

Just got home (er, to work) - baby looks great! Took awhile to do the nuchal measurements because baby was being stubborn - uh oh, already takes after mommy! But the measurements came back normal, bloodwork #1 is done and I get bloodwork #2 in a month. Then they'll tell me the results based on the measurements + blood. :shrug: Things looked good so I take that as a positive sign. And my uterus is fine, thank you doctor for getting me all paranoid for nothing. :haha: So, the waiting game begins, as my next appointment is just a general pee-in-a-cup, get weighed, heartbeat on 8/24. I am pretty much on cloud 9.

I know nothing about nubs but if anyone has guesses, you are welcome to propose them. :) haha. She gave me 8 photos total, but this was the clearest photo of the baby in its entirety. Some are just feet, just hands, etc.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 11
hi ladies,
thougt I would come by and say hi as my last entry was about 100 pages ago I reckon:blush: hope everyone is doing ok, I do come and read every now and again but this thread moves so fast!
congrats to those that have some scan pics now, babies are all looking gorgeous:thumbup: It will be my turn a week today, eeks!

MS definitely seems to be calming down and some foods are acceptable again, although I'm still staying far away from some things eeuugh.

big hugs to all and i promise i am readingeven if i dont always have something to say:hugs:

:wave:

May I come join you please???????

Im due 13th Feb (hoping peanut doesnt arrive on the 14th or that will probably mean I get forgotten about and I will get no more Valentines day presents :haha:)
12 week scan is on 3rd Aug and I cant wait!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->