February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

ladies I have a CONFESSION!! I ordered a crib today!! LOL! I know its soooo early, but my friend got me nervous when she told me that her crib took 12 weeks to arrive, and I know I will want to start day-dreaming and decorating the nursery after we find out the gender in a couple months. So I showed hubby and we ordered it. He gave me the thumbs up. Of course it was in stock so it will be here in 2 weeks, not 12. oh my... I am impulsive.... Is anyone else as crazy as I am?!

No, you are not crazy at all. I have had my crib and change tablet for about 2 weeks now.. lol

muminuk, dizzyangel and MrsStutler - welcome and congratulations!
swanxxsong I've changed your date now, great scan guessing :pink: for you!

Just checking in!

Amanda - I'm sorry your visit didn't go to plan, I deffo wouldn't be going back. How inconsiderate of your sister and her OH!

All the new scan pics are gorgeous! Nearly my turn! Tuesday 9.30! Cannot wait! :D

RJ2 - I am really struggling with eating, still convinced I'm losing weight. Everything makes me gag if I'm feeling even slightly sickly. Between Tuesday and Thursday I barely ate a single thing cause I was gagging and throwing up :(

Girls... I realised something yesterday. I haven't taken my folic acid tablets in god knows how long. Honestly, at least a month. I wanted to cry yesterday when I realised I'd completely forgotten about them. How could I? I just fogot :( Between work, and feeling sick and in laws problems I forgot :( My poor baby! I'm so stupid!

Don't worry hun, I know that they are better for the baby...but it won't be terrible for you to have missed them. Honestly, when I was pregnant with both of the boys I hardly every took my prenatal vitamins, and they both came out fine! Don't stress yourself out! :hugs:

Hi everyone.....I am a lime today:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I also met the MW and got to hear the babys HB...it was 165!!!

Jokerette - I am totally wanting to buy cribs too.. which is bad because someone gave me one used that would be fine, but now that I'm having twins I want the cribs to match.. silly I know but.. oh well. I'm holding off on buying anything for a couple weeks as I'm going up to a big mothers of multiples club sale so I want to check there first

ladies I have a CONFESSION!! I ordered a crib today!! LOL! I know its soooo early, but my friend got me nervous when she told me that her crib took 12 weeks to arrive, and I know I will want to start day-dreaming and decorating the nursery after we find out the gender in a couple months. So I showed hubby and we ordered it. He gave me the thumbs up. Of course it was in stock so it will be here in 2 weeks, not 12. oh my... I am impulsive.... Is anyone else as crazy as I am?!

No, you are not crazy at all. I have had my crib and change tablet for about 2 weeks now.. lol

wow ...I would love to have mine as wel:thumbup:l! Did you get the crib/changing table combo? any advice on that? I was thinking about getting a combo to save space......what color did you get?

Jokerette - I am totally wanting to buy cribs too.. which is bad because someone gave me one used that would be fine, but now that I'm having twins I want the cribs to match.. silly I know but.. oh well. I'm holding off on buying anything for a couple weeks as I'm going up to a big mothers of multiples club sale so I want to check there first

Ohh may they can share this one for the first couple of months and then you can get 2 matching ones when they get a little older? :shrug:

Natasha, I wouldn't worry too much. Folic acid is most important at the very, very beginning. I'm sure this'll help you remember, too!

Amanda, so sorry to hear about your bad visit. Hope you get to thoroughly recoup!

Loving all the scan pics. We get to hear the heartbeat (I hope!) on Tuesday.

Also, I am officially still pretty morning sick. I can't wait for hormones to change and it to end - I hope it ends! All I want to eat are bread-y things and chips. Vegetables won't stay down for the world. I can make fruit and meat work, but they aren't fun.

Natasha, I wouldn't worry too much. Folic acid is most important at the very, very beginning. I'm sure this'll help you remember, too!

Amanda, so sorry to hear about your bad visit. Hope you get to thoroughly recoup!

Loving all the scan pics. We get to hear the heartbeat (I hope!) on Tuesday.

Also, I am officially still pretty morning sick. I can't wait for hormones to change and it to end - I hope it ends! All I want to eat are bread-y things and chips. Vegetables won't stay down for the world. I can make fruit and meat work, but they aren't fun.

awwww hope you feel better soon! I was that way a couple of weeks ago...its starting to get better now! just hang in there ..... your almost there! :loopy:

You are not crazy!! I have been having a hard time not running around buying things myself! It is so hard to wait. I am trying to hold out until we find out what we are having in September. :thumbup:

wow ...I would love to have mine as wel:thumbup:l! Did you get the crib/changing table combo? any advice on that? I was thinking about getting a combo to save space......what color did you get?

Here is a picture of what i got... it was a great deal so i couldn't pass it up....

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/crib.jpg

I already picked out my crib, we just didn't go pick it up yet because we need to get rid of the futon in the spare bedroom first! :O haha. Thank goodness, I found out today that a friend of mine wants it, so :dance:!

No baby on the Doppler again today. But I'm also maybe not searching long enough, as I read women look for 20 minutes before finding baby? I only look for like, 5 because I was afraid of looking for too long? haha. Fail! But I'm not worried, just annoyed. Baby, where are you?

All baby girl guesses! Guess we'll know soon! ;D haha. Well, not soon enough!

I'm really behind today, so hello all new members who are joining us! :D

I am so glad it's the weekend. I NEED TO RELAX. It's been a stressful week. Sheesh.

I did not get the combo because we have a nice bureau and I plan on strapping the changing pad on top of the bureau in leiu of an actual changing table. Then we are going to put some high shelves on the wall out if baby reach for lotions and cream etc. We will probably use the top drawer for diapers.

For the crib we went with Consumer Reports best buy for convertible cribs, which was the DaVinci Emily 4in1 convertible crib. So it goes from crib to toddler, to daybed, to full size adult bed. The bed can stay with our LO through their life! We got it in an oak stain to match the rest of our furniture. :)https://c3.diapers.com/images/products/p/dv/dv-012_1z.jpg

so im on my honeymoon right now, but thought i would quickly pop in and update.
had a HUGE scare thursday night (night before leaving for our honeymoon). Jonno and I were :sex: (we have many times since being pregnant), and after we finished, i felt a little too 'wet' down there, well i got my phone to look (it was dark) and i freaked out, so i screamed at jonno to turn the light on immediately, and i look down and i was absolutely covered in bright red blood. I understand spotting from sex maybe, but this looked like i was having a heavy period. All down my legs, feet on the floor, all up my arms (dont ask :blush: ) and i just screamed it was very horrific :cry:. I screamed at jonno and by this point he was pure white, looking like he was going to feint, he was covered too I ran out to my mum and screamed at her that i was bleeding, and since she had friends over, she quietly came in and asked how much, and then she saw my legs and arms. she ordered me in the shower with shower and i got in and started shaking, i was scrubbing the blood off me so quick. I was in absolute streams of tears. Called 000 (emergency) and they said they would send an ambulance, they got to my house and spoke to me and said by the amount of blood, i had lost the baby rang a nurse at the hospital clinic and she said the same thing, there was a 10% chance of bean being alive :cry: . Friday morning, had to go see them to book an emergency scan to confirm i had lost bean, I had been up all night crying with jonno. We were talking about how much we loved bean already and jonno was going to get a tattoo in memory of bean well the scan rolled around and I was in tears when she was skimming over my baby, until she stopped on it. There was beans little heart, beating away :cloud9: cue tears of happiness . jonno started balling his eyes too. our little bean was alive !!! I was in shock, i thought for sure it was all over because of the amount of blood. But little bean is amazing, measuring 4 days ahead, strong little HB of 168bpm
i will post photos from the scan when i get back from honeymoon, but for now, we are soooo happy. I have an appt on tuesday to investigate the cause, there is a high chance it was bleeding from my cervix, in which case i need to be monitored very regularly incase i dialate and go into preterm labour.

Oh my goodness tiger ~ What a total shock & traumatic experience for you

I am so very happy that you have a strong little bean in there :baby: :thumbup:

Sending my best wishes & happy honeymoon :kiss:

Oh Tiger, how bloody terrifying. You poor poor thing. I'm so glad your bean is still wriggling away. My mum had a huge bleed with me at about 12 weeks and was given a scan (unusual then)... And there I was kicking and wriggling away. They have no idea what caused it. And my sil bled on and off throughout her second pregnancy with no obvious cause, and her LO is here and well.

so im on my honeymoon right now, but thought i would quickly pop in and update.
had a HUGE scare thursday night (night before leaving for our honeymoon). Jonno and I were :sex: (we have many times since being pregnant), and after we finished, i felt a little too 'wet' down there, well i got my phone to look (it was dark) and i freaked out, so i screamed at jonno to turn the light on immediately, and i look down and i was absolutely covered in bright red blood. I understand spotting from sex maybe, but this looked like i was having a heavy period. All down my legs, feet on the floor, all up my arms (dont ask :blush: ) and i just screamed it was very horrific :cry:. I screamed at jonno and by this point he was pure white, looking like he was going to feint, he was covered too I ran out to my mum and screamed at her that i was bleeding, and since she had friends over, she quietly came in and asked how much, and then she saw my legs and arms. she ordered me in the shower with shower and i got in and started shaking, i was scrubbing the blood off me so quick. I was in absolute streams of tears. Called 000 (emergency) and they said they would send an ambulance, they got to my house and spoke to me and said by the amount of blood, i had lost the baby rang a nurse at the hospital clinic and she said the same thing, there was a 10% chance of bean being alive :cry: . Friday morning, had to go see them to book an emergency scan to confirm i had lost bean, I had been up all night crying with jonno. We were talking about how much we loved bean already and jonno was going to get a tattoo in memory of bean well the scan rolled around and I was in tears when she was skimming over my baby, until she stopped on it. There was beans little heart, beating away :cloud9: cue tears of happiness . jonno started balling his eyes too. our little bean was alive !!! I was in shock, i thought for sure it was all over because of the amount of blood. But little bean is amazing, measuring 4 days ahead, strong little HB of 168bpm
i will post photos from the scan when i get back from honeymoon, but for now, we are soooo happy. I have an appt on tuesday to investigate the cause, there is a high chance it was bleeding from my cervix, in which case i need to be monitored very regularly incase i dialate and go into preterm labour.

Eeek, a client asked me when I was due today!!!! It's still a secret, awkward! She's a very "open" type of person (she once told me a had a bogey hanging out of my nose), but still, if she's noticed, other people must have! I'm only 5ft 1 and was a size 10, so my bloaty belly looks pretty large. I thought strategically placed scarves would work until I have my scan next week, but maybe not.

Oh no!! I'm sorry that made me chuckle, because I bet you look so cute! What did you say to her?

I told her I'd just had a big dinner, but I don't think she was convinced!:dohh:

Eeek Tiger how scary! I'm so glad everything was OK on the scan.

Have a fab honeymoon x

OMG tiger you must have been petrified!! sooo glas beanie is ok! x

Does anyone else seem to have quite a big belly already? I just cant seem to hide it anymore! its huge - I know subsequant pregnancies you are supposed to show earlier but wow - this is ridiculous!! just hoping there is only 1 in there as I really dont want to have to move!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->