February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ladies, as a first-timer, this is all just too, too exciting! Can't wait to feel the LO moving! When does that usually start, in your experience?

That is different from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. In general 1st time moms feel movements later and 2nd+ moms feel movements earlier. But its different for everyone. I felt my first movents with DS at 17 weeks. Those will just be flutters though. The realy big kicks and such start around 25ish weeks, but all depends. This one, im sure it will be much earlier. They as early as 12 weeks for 2nd+ moms.

I feel sick! I think it's neves because of my scan tomorrow :( I probs wont get on before I go (scans at 9.30) but I should be back with an update by 11am ish.

Might just go to bed now so I can sleep off the hours!

TheRealMe - I get this pain in my tail bone on and off...but it's excruciating and lasts about five minutes at a time, kinda feels like waves of pain that ripples! Is yours constant or what? xx

I feel sick! I think it's neves because of my scan tomorrow :( I probs wont get on before I go (scans at 9.30) but I should be back with an update by 11am ish.

Might just go to bed now so I can sleep off the hours!

TheRealMe - I get this pain in my tail bone on and off...but it's excruciating and lasts about five minutes at a time, kinda feels like waves of pain that ripples! Is yours constant or what? xx

it varies...it isnt super painful but lasts for an hour or 2???? its just constantly there in the background. I am not sure if I need to start walking or what so that it doesn't get worse! :nope::nope:

Diana: I can't remember when I first felt Liam move..but I THINK I felt bubba move today...could have just been gas..but I THINK it was baby.

Natasha: hope all is good with your scan.

Liam has a cold and he's passed it on to me. It's making my preg symptoms 10x worse, I can't breathe through my nose. The weather is getting warm and I feel like crap. I'll be off to bed shortly but I'm not expecting to get much sleep.
Time to get the tub of vicks out teh cupboard (and check the label to make sure it's safe in pregnancy) and I may even have to switch the fan on for a little while.

Sleep tight UK ladies. And appropriate farewell greeting to whatever teh time is where everyone else is.

Hi ladies. Congrats to those passing into 2nd tri. I'll be one of those pulling up the rear end on all those transitions, just making it to 10 wks tomorrow (and still wondering when the morning sickness ends!). I am finding that my bloating is now all day instead of just in the evenings, and oy is there a lot of it! Yipes.

Jokerette, what a cute bump!

momanddad, great scan pics!

All the best to those getting scans this week. I have an appointment tomorrow where I am hoping they'll find the heartbeat. At my practice they do appointments every 4 weeks, and mine are scheduled through I think 22 weeks so far. Looking forward to the appointment tomorrow!

Good luck for all the scans this week ladies will be thinking of you, only 12 days till next midwife appointment, hopefully will get to hear the heartbeat, is this standard in UK?

quickly popping on to post the photos from my scan on friday :cloud9:
just want to say a big thankyou to everyone who was thinking of me, or posted a nice msg, it really does mean alot to know that people are thinking of you. so thankyou to each and everyone of you :hugs:
also i have definate bump now :dance: will upload that pic later but for now......
bean 10 weeks.jpg
10 weeks heartbeat.jpg
dont think the skull or nub theory works this early :shrug:

I had a burst of energy today and got some stuff done for a change! :D Woohoo! I'm still throwing up some, but less so... It's just any time my stomach rumbles... Getting better though. Hopefully by the time we fly to the UK (in a couple of weeks) the morning sickness will be done, because I know I'm going to be dealing with nervousness sickness! :dohh:

It's SO hot here, it sucks. We've been at over 100 degrees (Fahrenheit ;)) pretty much every day for WEEKS. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather in the UK... Maybe when we fly back, it will have cooled down here.. [-o<

I felt Evey moving when I was 16 weeks.. I keep feeling niggles, but nothing I can say for sure is baby moving. I've got a bit of a bump too..

quickly popping on to post the photos from my scan on friday :cloud9:
just want to say a big thankyou to everyone who was thinking of me, or posted a nice msg, it really does mean alot to know that people are thinking of you. so thankyou to each and everyone of you :hugs:
also i have definate bump now :dance: will upload that pic later but for now......
View attachment 243733
View attachment 243734
dont think the skull or nub theory works this early :shrug:
so cute Tiger!!!!!

I had a burst of energy today and got some stuff done for a change! :D Woohoo! I'm still throwing up some, but less so... It's just any time my stomach rumbles... Getting better though.
Yay for energy! maybe your into the 2nd trimester feeling! :)

tiger your LO is looking adorable :cloud9:
Unfortunately, it is too early for nub theory :( Sorry.

Love all.the baby scans!!
Jokerette cute bump mines a little bigger the second time around.
I can't show any pics cause I do everything on my phone and I dont know if u can do that.
Gender test well pre test said boy but I read amazon reviews that 80% day boy even w girl. Ugh oh well guess I'm still waiting and out $39 :(
Hope all is well 2 weeks till scan ugh feel like forever

Tiger ~ Your scan is adorable :cloud9:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck to those ladies that have scans/appointments today :flower:

:wohoo: Im 12 weeks today :wohoo:

Wish my tickers picture would change though! :dohh:

I feel so fat. I was bigger at the start of this pregnancy than last time by only half a stone but I ate and ate in first tri because I felt more sick if I got hungry... So now I feel so big and wobbly. Round my hips and belly... I was much neater last time and firmer rather than wobbly. When I see myself as a whole I'm ok but looking down at myself I am a spreading blob of lard. And cellulite. Bah. Come on proper bump.

Sorry i ain't been around much ladies but i have been so busy with work :-(
Hope you are all well and bubba's are healthy xxx
I have a midwife appointment on Friday, she is coming to my house and my 12 week scan a week today :) xxx

:hugs: becstar! All part of 2nd baby syndrome too I think. My theory is because we get bigger quicker (regardless of eating habits!) 2nd time round, we'll be "wobbly" for longer since we're expanding quicker than baby is.
My theory MAY just be me waffling to make myself feel better, but it's working so hope it works for you too. hehehe

:hugs: becstar! All part of 2nd baby syndrome too I think. My theory is because we get bigger quicker (regardless of eating habits!) 2nd time round, we'll be "wobbly" for longer since we're expanding quicker than baby is.
My theory MAY just be me waffling to make myself feel better, but it's working so hope it works for you too. hehehe

It's an excellent theory and works for me.

Congrats on everyones pregnancy! :flower:

My LO is due 5th Feb!!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"