February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Thanks so much swanxxsong and Laidee. swanxxsong, your big lemon day is tomorrow. Congrats in advance!!!

Sorry for the delay Laidee, I had to e-mail and ask him. He went through a big explanation, but basically it's the Steinway Metronome app and you can use a setting where you tap the beat and it tells you the BPM. lol. He actually was using it in the doctor's office when we went too, just to compare his app to the Doppler there. :haha: Boys and their toys.

To all the iPhone ladies, the app My Babys Beat, turns your iPhone into a doppler. You can Google it, and see exactly how it works. I believe it is best after 20 weeks, but I just thought for those who aren't too far away from then that haven't purchased a doppler, it could be fun! :)

Ooo thanks Redhead! I'm going to check that out for the future! haha. What's more convenient than my phone, right?? ;D

Threebirds, so so sorry for your loss. May you be surrounded with love and support.

Welcome to our new members.

Congrats to the new lemons! I hit lime tomorrow - so far behind!

Tiger- I carry a zip lock plastic bag in my purse in case I am out and about and feel the urge of MS. It has saved me in my car a few times. I hope you start feeling better!

KJ, I do this too, and I've definitely used it. My mom, who had HG, apparently had to use a plastic bag all the time.

I'm thinking of trying to *gulp* make a belly band to use when my pants get tight (all my waistbands are usually too big because I have such huge hips, so I have a bit yet probably), but I'm not a great seamstress and it involves sewing knits. Has anyone else tried to DIY one? I've found tons of tutorials, but am still nervous!

Hooray for all the lemons :) I'm something else tomorrow but can't tell what! something green, will have to check in tomorrow.

Thinking of you today Mrs MM if you're looking, fingers crossed

Good luck for the scan Kelly hope it goes well :thumbup:

5 days till we see midwife again :happydance:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. =D

I've had Nausea since 6 weeks, everyday all day. I dont actually vomit, im just nauseous and cant eat a darn thing. I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. If im lucky i can eat 1 time a day. I was prescribed a cheap med that didnt work, then was prescribed zofran which also didnt work. Im sooooo over it! i just want to eat!

Tink, I know how you feel. I lost 13 pounds within the first 2 1/2 weeks! I have only gained back 3... so I am slowly able to eat a little more, but not too much. I am lucky if I eat half of what my kids eat!! I have not taken any nausea meds... DH has actually been commenting on how I look really skinny (compared to how I have looked since DS2 who came 2 yrs ago) :haha: I guess this saves me a little money for now on maternity clothes since my pre-pregnancy pants fit a lot looser than they did before!

To all of our ladies in London (and the UK in general) please all be careful, I keep reading of the terrible riots and fighting that is going on so much, and I want you all to be extra careful!! XOXOXO :hugs:

ive lost about 20lbs so far this pregnancy :nope: all my clothes are very lose on me now. before my :bfp: i really wanted to lose weight, but not like this !!

Hello my lovely Ladies ~ As most of you know, I am currently in mourning for the loss of my Dear Dad, so I wont be reading back the thread

Life for me has changed completely

But just want to say, hope you are all well :hugs:

I have my 1st scan this morning, but am so not feeling the same buzz of excitement as I did previously :nope:

To all the iPhone ladies, the app My Babys Beat, turns your iPhone into a doppler. You can Google it, and see exactly how it works. I believe it is best after 20 weeks, but I just thought for those who aren't too far away from then that haven't purchased a doppler, it could be fun! :)

my OH got that app and i cant find the heartbeat! :dohh: keep thinking i can but i think its just mine going abit fast lol! when did you first hear heartbeat with thatt? :) x

I read about the app before deciding if i should purchase and it says it was designed for use from 30-40 weeks but people have reported good results from 20 weeks on. I'd imagine 11 weeks is still a tad early :(

I read about the app before deciding if i should purchase and it says it was designed for use from 30-40 weeks but people have reported good results from 20 weeks on. I'd imagine 11 weeks is still a tad early :(

:cry:

OH doesnt want me to get a doppler because il freak outt if i cant find heartbeat :dohh:

x

You could tell him you're freaking out more coz you can't find it with his app... use the argument that a doppler is designed to find it earlier than the app? :winkwink:

In all honesty, I didn't have a doppler with DD1, and don't have one this time either... by the time you're likely to be sure of finding the HB yourself, you'll be feeling reassuring little movements anyway. Each to their own though, and I'm certainly not discouraging you to try and convince him to get one if it's what you want. :flower:

my OH got that app and i cant find the heartbeat! :dohh: keep thinking i can but i think its just mine going abit fast lol! when did you first hear heartbeat with thatt? :) x

That app is ONLY for later in pregnancy, like the 3rd trimester! Dont worry!!!

As for the doppler, it is stronger than the iphone app, but still many doctors offices wont even try it until 13-14 weeks. Many people have luck finding it at home on their doppler as early as 10, but that is also because they spend longer looking :) It also depends on your body type etc. I got my doppler last week and I love it. I'd highly recommend it. But my cousin is 9 weeks pregnant and I didnt let her use it yet because i didnt want her to worry if she couldnt find it

Good morning ladies . . . sorry been extremely busy and trying to get enrolled in college now. Hope everyone is doing well! I'll read up later when I have a free moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->