February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Yay, I'm a lemon today! I've been waiting for this day for so long!!! : )

We get to find out the baby's gender in about 5 weeks. I think when we are 19 weeks and I can't wait!!!

Hey ladies.. hope your all doing.. well.. all this talk of gender scans makes me feel so behind.. lol but hey im a lime.. wahoo.. :)

Had another appointment today got to see babies in 4D one decided to kick the other in the head lol so here is that pic :) Hope all is well with everyone.kicker.jpg

Oh wow dsnshne23, that is so neat!

Do any of you ladies plan on teaching your LO another language? We're thinking of teaching ours Spanish, with hopes of moving to the Dominican Republic in 10 years. DH's father lives down there. My sis-n-law speaks fluent German, and I was learning Portuguese at one time. Hopefully LO can pick up on something lol.

dsnshne23, that picture is adorable!!

This weekend DH and I are heading out on a "family vacation" with his parents and sibling/sibling's husband. I've been doing some research on the area we're going to and turns out is a HUGE party island. I'm so bummed. Pre-baby it sounds like this would have been an amazing party vacation (yes, even with his parents). Now I'm afraid I'm going to be the only one wanting to go see the car museum and putt-putt golf! Good grief! :dohh:

Yay, I'm a lemon today! I've been waiting for this day for so long!!! : )

We get to find out the baby's gender in about 5 weeks. I think when we are 19 weeks and I can't wait!!!

Congratulations, fellow lemon!:happydance:

hey ladies!! just got the cervical cerclage done today! i was so so so so scared but, it was really not as bad as i thought. the little one is in to stay!!!!!!! for anyone else who is worried about getting an epidural DON'T worry... it's seriously not that bad! The worst part is waiting around after for your legs to regain feeling because you get so restless haha.

hey ladies!! just got the cervical cerclage done today! i was so so so so scared but, it was really not as bad as i thought. the little one is in to stay!!!!!!! for anyone else who is worried about getting an epidural DON'T worry... it's seriously not that bad! The worst part is waiting around after for your legs to regain feeling because you get so restless haha.

WOW, i would have been nervous aswell but i am so happy for you that everything went well!!! How long did you have to wait around to get the feeling back in your legs? lol .... i also have a question for you if you don't mind me asking? Do you have to stay on bed rest or can you do normal daily activity's with the cervical stitch in? I'm sorry if that question was to personal.

i loved my epidural with jesse. i went in to labour not wanting a epidural no matter what. well when i shrunk 3cm and was in indescribable pain, that changed lol !
im sick at the moment :( not only has my MS come back to haunt me today, ive got a cold :nope:
its so hard to look after jesse with MS let alone a cold ! ahhh
where is mrsraggle these days ?

Yeah, my doc won't give another scan until 20-24 weeks to find out the gender, which is why we're going to try to book that on our own! But we're doing the blood work!

We found out we won't have our gender scan until 21 weeks also... even though we'll be IN the doctor's office at 17 weeks! I'm so bummed. :nope:

Have you or anyone you know done the private scans for gender? I'm on the fence, but it's just SO tempting to see the LO again!

Yes, one of my friends did for both her kids. One this year and one a couple years ago. She didn't want to wait either! She found out at 16/17 weeks with both!

Do any of you ladies plan on teaching your LO another language? We're thinking of teaching ours Spanish, with hopes of moving to the Dominican Republic in 10 years. DH's father lives down there. My sis-n-law speaks fluent German, and I was learning Portuguese at one time. Hopefully LO can pick up on something lol.

I know a Tiny bit of spanish and will teach baby some of that. Once I finish my Masters (2 more classes!!!) I'm going to try to learn French so as I learn, I'll "teach" baby.

My kids do not have much of an option in learning Spanish! My oldest son does really well at it (even though he is not biologically my DH's child) he wants to learn it so that he can speak to his step-family! DS2 is not so well with it yet, but we are working on it (he understands better than he says)! :haha:

Hey ladies sorry I have not been on in a while just super busy. How is everyone??

WOW, i would have been nervous aswell but i am so happy for you that everything went well!!! How long did you have to wait around to get the feeling back in your legs? lol .... i also have a question for you if you don't mind me asking? Do you have to stay on bed rest or can you do normal daily activity's with the cervical stitch in? I'm sorry if that question was to personal.

Not too personal at all!! The feeling took about an hour after the surgery to FULLY come back, but it comes back slowly so after like a half hour or so i could actually move my legs but I couldn't wiggle my toes. You slowly become mobile again (which can make it more difficult if you as impatient as me hehe) Overall the numbness lasts about 2 hours. I don't have to stay on bed rest however I can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. I also can't let anything inside, so no baths, no swimming, and unfortunately no :sex: for the remainder of the pregnancy. I go back in about a week for the doctor to check on everything, and depending on how I'm healing up he may or may not put me on bed rest. Most women start to feel normal after a few days and don't even need to go on bed rest, but it's all really situational. :)

Not too personal at all!! The feeling took about an hour after the surgery to FULLY come back, but it comes back slowly so after like a half hour or so i could actually move my legs but I couldn't wiggle my toes. You slowly become mobile again (which can make it more difficult if you as impatient as me hehe) Overall the numbness lasts about 2 hours. I don't have to stay on bed rest however I can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. I also can't let anything inside, so no baths, no swimming, and unfortunately no :sex: for the remainder of the pregnancy. I go back in about a week for the doctor to check on everything, and depending on how I'm healing up he may or may not put me on bed rest. Most women start to feel normal after a few days and don't even need to go on bed rest, but it's all really situational. :)

Wow! Very interesting!!! Sucks that you can't take baths, go swimming, or do the deed, but it'll all be worth it!!!

Aww Zombie, I am glad that everything went so well for you! I hate that you are unable to do so many other things! :hugs:

Ladies!!!! My mom ordered my stroller today! I should have it in about a week! Monday when I called her after the appt she was all excited to tell me about a stroller she saw when she was out - the Orbit. She said it was Super cool and that she'd spoken with the people who had it and they Love it. She told me about it and said to tell her if I liked it. I said, "Well, it sounds GREAT...but it sounds like it's going to be Really expensive..." She said, "...well...lets see." Lol. So I went online and it was Expensive - 900$!!!! She Still wanted to get it for me...if I wanted it. So I spent some time researching and honestly I couldn't find one that I liked as much. It looks like it's very safe, "green", awesomely functional, and cool looking, lol. Plus, you can get color packs to make it really really cute.

So anyways, today we were on the phone, talking about some of the options and I noticed that they are having a special - buy the travel system (stroller base, car seat base, and car seat - which attaches to stroller base) and get the bassinet (which also can attach to stroller base) for free. It's 280$ regularly!! You had to buy it by Sept 5th though. Mom thought it was a super deal and so...she ordered it!!!!

I'm so excited! As soon as I know the sex, I'm ordering the color pack!

This is so exciting! This is mine and my husband's first baby and we couldn't be more thrilled. I am due February 05, 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->