February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Gender scan was today - it's a Boy! Even though I Really wanted a girl, I knew it would have to be a boy since Dh has 3 (16, 17, & 18) already. I told him it just means we have to have more than 1, lol. Anyways, the scan went really well. She did loads of measurements, checked all his vitals - brain, heart, lungs, etc etc and explained it all. Said he's Perfect. He's also measuring a week or so Later, putting me at 17+3 today rather than 16+4 (I think...) which is what I was to begin with!!! I don't think my doc is going to change my dates though...which kind of sucks since when I'm overdue by him I'll be Seriously overdue. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point!!! He's in there kicking like crazy but I don't think I can actually feel it yet...it'll be soon!

Many Congrats on your sweet little Boy :blue:

Absolutely, Junebugs! I know some people’s personal preference is to buy everything new, and that’s totally their choice to make… but I personally love when I find get deals on lightly-used items! Haha. I’m buying a mix of new and used for our baby, depending on what I can find. My sister always attends this enormous baby/child consignment near her house every year, so we’re going together this year. I’m pumped! She came home last year with a ton of things, some new and some used, for such reasonable prices. So I’m hoping to get a few deals on some of the things I may need, and have forgotten about at this point. :haha: That’s great that you have gotten things as well – have you made any purchases for yourself yet? I’m sorry if you’ve already mentioned it on earlier pages… I tend to have the worst memory. :dohh:

Congrats on becoming a lemon, Engineer!

Aw, congrats on such a beautiful baby boy, JP! And you’re right, just means you need to try and try for a girl. ;D We would love to eventually have one of each, and I keep teasing hubby that we’ll never stop until we hit that point. He’s slightly less-than-impressed with the notion of having 5 girls but ‘trying for one more boy’ years down the road, since he says that’d be his luck. :haha: We’ll see in 3 weeks! xD Glad to know he’s healthy and looks great, and hope your doctor doesn’t shift your dates again! That’s such a pain, eh?

Have fun on holiday Geogem!

JP- CONCRATZ ON HAVING A BOY!! :happydance:
SWAN- Yes i bought a crib and change table but i got that REALLY early because it was on sale for soooo cheap (it was the floor model). I could not pass it up. We have alot of really good second hand stores around here aswell. I have already stopped in alot of them but for some reason i can't buy anything else until i find out the sex.. ?? i don't know why it is just in my head?? lol

Hey, if you got a great deal then I don't even blame you! But that's kind of how I feel, at this point. I'm getting "so close" to finding out the baby's sex (1 day shy of 3 weeks now! haha) that I don't want to go too crazy until that point. At least with clothes. If i find something else to die for next week at the consignment then well, no holding me back! ;D haha. You find out around the time I do, right? I feel as though you're the week before me (I'm September 19).

JP- Congrats on the little baby boy!!! How exciting! We still have 1 1/2 weeks to go before we find out and I can't wait!

Aw JP, congratulations on your boy!

Jokerette, loving the murals! Really gorgeous.

geogem, have a really good time.

Okay KJ, apparently I'm really, REALLY slow and only just noticed your blog link. Clicked, read and LOVED. I just had to subscribe. :p I saw your got a prenatal massage Saturday - I had one on Friday. UGHHH was that not amazing?

Okay, done with my creepy stalking of the hour, but had to throw that out there. :D

JP- CONCRATZ ON HAVING A BOY!! :happydance:
SWAN- Yes i bought a crib and change table but i got that REALLY early because it was on sale for soooo cheap (it was the floor model). I could not pass it up. We have alot of really good second hand stores around here aswell. I have already stopped in alot of them but for some reason i can't buy anything else until i find out the sex.. ?? i don't know why it is just in my head?? lol

I feel the same way! I cannot buy anything because I have to know the sex!!! ugh 2 more weeks.

I have to wait till october to find out the sex of baby :( its ages away

Hi guys,

have been awol for ages! have been reading posts but usually late at night so don't get round to posting. Very sad day today as I officially finished as a 1:1 tutor (the more physical side of my job), said goodbye to 4 families for good and had worked with them for up to 8 years :cry: not a day too soon though as got hit by one child on my bump, luckily it was at the top and not too hard, no pains or bleding but was scary.

Been feeling more and more movement recently and more like little pokes than bubbles now. Used to be only if I sat and concentrated in the evening eventually would feel something but now am noticing them throughout the day it's lovely:thumbup: baby seems to be sleeping for most of today which is a shame as could do with the reassurance but can feel a heartbeat if get hand in the right place which is lovely.

love that everyone is buying things makes me less guilty, have moses basket, changing mat, bath, 2 slings, a carrier, a door bouncer, baby toys and walkers, activity table, bottles, steriliser, curtains, wall lamp and lampshade for nursery, drawer full of all in ones, tshirts, babygros, hats, another drawer full of sheets, cloth nappies, muslins, prefolds, wraps. :shock:[-X hardly any band new, lots of ebay and forum bargains and lots of freecycle. All unisex as still planning on team yellow. Not buying any clothes (all were off freecycle) or toys as this will be the first baby in the family and suspect will be very spoilled by grandparents, aunties etc, just buying the boring things and trying to spread the cost (have also started on christmas and totally carried away with that!:blush:)

Good luck for all the upcoming gender scans hope the time flies between now and then.

Kelly still in my thoughts :hugs: and mrs MM if your reading kepping fx for you.

Hey, if you got a great deal then I don't even blame you! But that's kind of how I feel, at this point. I'm getting "so close" to finding out the baby's sex (1 day shy of 3 weeks now! haha) that I don't want to go too crazy until that point. At least with clothes. If i find something else to die for next week at the consignment then well, no holding me back! ;D haha. You find out around the time I do, right? I feel as though you're the week before me (I'm September 19).

Yes it's Sept. 16th. It feels so close but yet so far, i feel like the days are sooooo slow! Everyday there is a girl on here that finds out the sex and i feel like it is never going to happen!! LOL... i know that it is still alot closer then alot of people. I think it is just the waiting and knowing that is killing me (maybe if i didn't have the appt. booked then it wouldn't be so bad :shrug:)

Thank you ladies!

Someone asked...and now I can't remember who and I'm too lazy to go back and look, lol...about hoping they don't shift my dates again. I Kind of hope they do. It puts me a week forward, which is where I thought I was in the first place. And I worry that being a week back...they let you go up to what, 2 weeks overdue? Well, if that happened I'd actually be THREE weeks overdue!! I hope it doesn't come to that, but, lol...it would sooo suck if it did!!!

Baby likely won't want to hang around an extra 3 weeks anyway hun. Don't worry too much just yet ;)

Oh ladies, I have been reading but not posting as much as I had been!!

Waking up early with DS1 to get him to the bus is torture on me!! I am starting to get a cold and I feel miserable!! Don't know if I am the only one but it seems that this pregnancy has made me a mosquito buffet anytime that I go outside... even if it is only for 5 minutes! Came in from the bus stop this morning and I had 20 bites from 2 minutes outside! Thank goodness my drs say that benadryl is safe to take!

swanxxsong - my gender scan is sept 19th too :dance: although technically we are a day ahead of you so it will be on the 18th for u guys :haha:
ive been feeling proper kicks :dance: sharp little pokes to the side. so excited

congrats and welcome summer :flower: how have u been feeling ?

JohnsPrincess CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY BOY!! I was also shocked and slightly disappointed about not having a girl... but im quickly getting over it and getting more and more excited about having a little boy! Girls sure are cute... but maybe boys will be easier in lots of eays!! ;) Anyway, congrats and enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->